Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (A) pre match

44 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Weirdly enough, i'm more confident of getting something from this than i was against Everton. 

1-2 :D 

If only you could bottle up that optimism and sell it. Not sure I can even bring myself to watch the game. I've gone full on bunker mode after the run of piss poor displays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Nick said:

Maddison to start for me. We need to start playing our best players in their best positions in a preferred formation all together.

Is this possible? It doesn't feel like there is a system that allows the best players to play in their best positions 

12 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

So if Castagne is back, does that set us up in a back 4?

Schmeichel 

Justin Evans Fofana Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi

Under Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Or will we take the back 3?

Schmeichel 

Fofana Evans Justin

Castagne Ndidi Tielemans Thomas

Under Vardy Barnes

I can't see Mourinho changing his tactics to much, which means the only way we win this game is to pass with 100% accuracy, utilise 100% of our 79% possession, complete a 100% tackle success rate, press 100%, counter press 100%, score 100% with our chances and everything else generally completed at 100%.

Essentially, all we can do is present Mou with the most perfectly cooked Wagyu steak, over to you Chez Rodgers. 

..or mr Ramsey!!!

3 hours ago, escape2victory said:

Schmeichel

Fofana   Evans   Justin

Albrighton     Ndidi   Tielemans   Castagne

Perez      Vardy    Maddison

Son up against Albrighton at RWB is scary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we’re gonna get whooped. 3 or 4 put past us. We struggle to play against defensive blocks and I can see us getting tanked. Hope I’m wrong. 

I can take getting beat as long as we play our best players in a formation that allows us to attack and have a go. 

• Like 1

In July we were so naive ....we had most of the play but struggled to lay a glove on them (apart from one Lloris save first half I think ) .....by trying to play and push them back we opened ourselves up to the counter and made mistakes on the transition (Thomas had two poor experiences I recall). The point is that even if you concede early, you mustn’t open yourselves up to a second (as at Man City were we stayed in the game ) 

we hopefully have a better starting eleven than July ....... let’s play savvy tomorrow please 

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Castagne    Fofana   Evans   Justin

Ndidi (or Mendy)

< ——  Praet          Tielemans

Perez —->                       Barnes

Vardy

Notes:

- We need to have 4 at the back to limit the space for Son and not get caught out on the counter with 3 at the back.

- We need Ndidi this game to stop Kane

- We need Praet who is better at Maddison in tracking back to defend against this lot. Plus Mourinho’s team will press all over the pitch, so we need Praet to some times drop back to help out to bring the ball up. For this, I think Mendy instead of Ndidi may also be a good option if we struggle to get the ball up.

- We need Perez as he is good with tight spaces around the box and he can join Vardy near the top. We cannot just have Vardy alone up top as he wont get much.

- I am undecided whether to start Barnes or Under. Under can come in a bit more and help with connecting the ball between midfield and the forward line, but I went for Barnes assuming Castagne is back as he can bomb down the right side too while we need more attacking threat on the left with Justin overlapping.

Edited by Tom12345

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...put Maddison in the "10" spot and leave Perez and Vardy up front!!!

We keep putting Maddison wide, Rodgers does the same thing, it doesn't work. 

I Dont see it that way..I See Maddison Holding more inside, & occasionally driftng or moving wide when needs be...

6 hours ago, Bazly said:

If only you could bottle up that optimism and sell it. Not sure I can even bring myself to watch the game. I've gone full on bunker mode after the run of piss poor displays.

We hammered Brighton with an excellent display just before the Everton match.