Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (A) pre match

Not sure on fitness but I would like to see something like: 

Kasper 

Castagne  Fofana  Evans Thomas 

Ndidi 

Under  Tielemans Praet  Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Justin, Morgan, Mendy, Maddison, Perez, Iheanacho 

I would give JJ a rest and maybe 2nd half sub for Castagne, assuming fit. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

does it need restating ?

how can a player who has missed 2 months of football and had a setback in his recovery start a game like this ?   

If you are referring to Timmy and or Cags, they may not have a choice... This game has the potential to be Southampton away if we are not careful. Plus spurs always seem to want to take us apart..... Only thing we can do is put out a whole team of defenders and hope for a miracle. 

We need the shithouse strats out again like we did against Arsenal and Man City, and then hope for the best. Son and Kane always give us nightmares and Mourinho got them well organized, so hard to have high hopes for this one.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If you are referring to Timmy and or Cags, they may not have a choice... This game has the potential to be Southampton away if we are not careful. Plus spurs always seem to want to take us apart..... Only thing we can do is put out a whole team of defenders and hope for a miracle. 

The Big Sam approach!  I like it. 

43 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Not sure on fitness but I would like to see something like: 

Kasper 

Castagne  Fofana  Evans Thomas 

Ndidi 

Under  Tielemans Praet  Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Justin, Morgan, Mendy, Maddison, Perez, Iheanacho 

I would give JJ a rest and maybe 2nd half sub for Castagne, assuming fit. 

That looks a very good option for me for the first half and plenty of scope for changing things if required. The majority of people appear to think we're going to get stuffed so we may as well give it a go. There's plenty there to keep Spurs occupied whilst being solid.

It's good they're under pressure to get points from this game after losing against Liverpool and dropping off the number one spot. Being at their home ground will also encourage them to play out more (hopefully). The problem is I think we're genuinely a better team and can take control of the game, which sort of walks into the likelihood they'll hit us on the break. It's going to have to be a really controlled and managed game imo. Cutting off Son and Kane's linkup play is a must. We'll get chances but we have to take them. 

Once again we were undone by allowing the opposition get to our penalty area before trying to stop them. We need to move that defensive line further up the pitch.

I'd move Fofana into the middle with NDiddi and play Evans and Soyuncu at CB when he's fit.

Or bring Amartey in to play alongside NDiddi. both of whom are good at competing and have strength and pace.