Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Crystal Palace (A) - Match Thread

I think we all know what's going to happen here. Oh boy! Well I'll take a big leap of faith and hope Mr. Rogers proves us all wrong. Maybe this team have something to prove. Maybe he sees something in these lads that say we can do this. In the same token I'm sure Hodgecakes is not telling his boys to G up as we don't have a full strength line up out there. C'mon Nachos its about time you started scoring some goals.

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

As nice as it was to go toe to toe to toe with Utd, I suspect that we would probably have been better off overall to have rotated against them and gone full strength vs Palace. Should then have secured 3 points from the 2 matches instead of just the one that I’m expecting.

Obviously hope I’m wrong.

If we had lost to man u, we would have had to have beat Palace just to make the three points back on them....

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Except when those Elite Athletes Keep getting regular niggling knocks & other Major players are still returning & not quite ready for any heavy duty runs...!!

Also elite sports science who probably assess all sorts of muscles.

Let’s see how a heavily rotated team does against a possible fatigued team.

Edited by jmono84

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Palace have made 5 changes, we've made 7, we're carrying a lot of knocks, obviously worrying putting that midfield out but we haven't got a choice. 

Could work out better with the five changes for palace though, they have just shipped 10 goals in the last two lol 

On any given day Foxes should always be confident of beating a team like Palace no ifs no butts. Hope Barnes continues to improve. will need to keep an eye on Zaha his petulance was at an all time high against Villa.

Just now, BKLFox said:

Why don’t people stop, take a breath, try to understand the reasoning for the side before firing out a load of pony.

Vardy carrying a groin injury but on the bench

Youri everyone wanting him to have rest he’s on the bench against Palace rather that than Man U.

Ndidi recently back from injury on the bench

Timmy recently back from injury played twice in 5 days rested

Madders, Fofana and Under all carrying knocks rested

Whats hard to understand?

I have already turned off the tele, watching Corrie on catch up instead. An absolute disgrace 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, BKLFox said:

Why don’t people stop, take a breath, try to understand the reasoning for the side before firing out a load of pony.

Vardy carrying a groin injury but on the bench

Youri everyone wanting him to have rest he’s on the bench against Palace rather that than Man U.

Ndidi recently back from injury on the bench

Timmy recently back from injury played twice in 5 days rested

Madders, Fofana and Under all carrying knocks rested

Whats hard to understand?

• Patience?
  • More than eleven players names?
  • Injuries?

pick one lol

Excited to see Thomas linking up with Barnes again down the left. Thomas also seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to finding Perez in the middle.

I can see why there are concerns about the midfield three, but all of them have given good performances this season and I don't think we're asking either Hamza or Mendy to be an 'Ndidi replacement' as such.

Finally, Amartey gets a start in his preferred position, so I hope he can step up and stake a claim to be one of our Fuchs or Morgan replacements when they finally hang up their boots.

Iheanacho is what most concerns me as his performances are so variable. If he has a good day, we'll be alright.

I just hope we can stay disciplined defensively and creative going forward. Three points here would be superb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Palace have made 5 changes, we've made 7, we're carrying a lot of knocks, obviously worrying putting that midfield out but we haven't got a choice. 

They lost their last 2 games with a combined score of 0-10, even without the weird schedule they needed to make several changes.

That said, I am relatively comfortable (albeit still mildly shocked) by our lineup. Come on you foxes. :scarf: