Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Crystal Palace (A) - Match Thread

Guest Hansifüx

This is when perez and nacho have to proof their value!  btw I don't understand why so many are criticising  gray. He may not be effective but he is a good player. I understand that he hasn't worked for us bu I also  think he would be very valuable for Palace if he played for them.   

There seems to be a lack of understanding of modern day football... if Rogers was to play some of the same players from the United game who then got injured today people would be bemoaning his lack of rotation and naivety. Anyone who has played/participated in any kind of sport/physical activity to a certain level know that 48 hours is far too soon to expect players to play again to the same level. Those that are will be operating at maybe 60-70%. I think we have to trust Rogers and the sports science team to manage the squad at this time, worked out pretty well last year...! Back the boys👍🏻

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lampard is quoted as saying he'll make six of seven changes for Chelsea at 5.30pm.

Bit easier to do given they will be starting calibre players anyway

Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Hudson Odoi, Havertz, Giroud all on bench v Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I’m actually not sure which personnel people are unhappy with. Mendy, Praet, Perez and Amartey have all proven they can do a job this season, Thomas and Nacho have had decent games too. Only Hamza is the one you’d worry about, but it’s a big opportunity for him

Got no issue with the side, it was similar last year v West Ham and we ran all over them in midfield.

Worry (again) is defending set pieces and crosses.

11 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Reserving judgement, still plenty of talent in that 11.

Yes, that side is hardly a Carabao Cup team - should be plenty good enough.  Would have preferred to have Maddison available as a sub and Mendy and Choudhury together is dubious, but it's about what everyone should have expected.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx
1 minute ago, theessexfox said:

I’m actually not sure which personnel people are unhappy with. Mendy, Praet, Perez and Amartey have all proven they can do a job this season, Thomas and Nacho have had decent games too. Only Hamza is the one you’d worry about, but it’s a big opportunity for him

I think it is the mix. 

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

When Brendan is that dumb then we don’t deserve to win. Not a chance we win today now.

Hamza and Mendy as a 2 in midfield 🤣🤣. Deserve everything we get.

Preparing for the post match loss chat and the people saying ‘how can we beat spurs and lose to sh*tty palace!?’

Its clear as day why we won’t win with stupid management like this. Trying to be a smart arse. 

Are you Rodgers..mother-in-law..:)

If it means we don't pick up injuries, im happy with that team. Its going to be tough but what is the point in a squad if they aren't going to be picked 48 hours after a previous match. The same people moaning about that team would lose their heads if any of the rested players were out for months with an injury. 

Stunned by the amount of changes but it's still a side capable of beating Palace. Unfortunately it's a ready made excuse if we don't play well and drop points. Let's hope Nacho has one of his good days and we don't need to use Vardy at all, he's the only player I feel we should be desperate to protect over this period. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Palace have shipped 10 in their last two ...... teams generally don’t suffer three consecutive games conceding three or more ....

I dont think theres any danger of a premier league team conceding 3 against out line up