Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

Fascinating fixture.  We need to be at our best in this one.  If we win this one, it will show what a good team we are.

Southampton have done brilliantly.  Ings is one hell of a player.  Ward-press's set piece delivery is immaculate.  I will want to go to the toilet every time we give away a corner or a soft free kick near our area.

3 hours ago, dayday said:

The home game last season they was well up for it, and we didn’t really respond, we was beat from the start.

If there was ever a match to remind you that any game is a not a gimme that was it.

Didn't help that we were playing the 9-0 game on the screens with commentary to go with it during the warm up and stuff. If that's not motivation for you as a player on the back of a 9-0 hammering then you should probably quit football. 

The same happened with us when we played Watford after the Play-Off game.

• Like 4

My main recollection of this fixture last season was how hopeless Ben Chilwell was - so hopeless in fact that we even had the unedifying situation of some fans mockingly cheering when he finally found a teammate with a pass.

Southampton did us good and proper that day.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

My main recollection of this fixture last season was how hopeless Ben Chilwell was - so hopeless in fact that we even had the unedifying situation of some fans mockingly cheering when he finally found a teammate with a pass.

Southampton did us good and proper that day.  

James Justin is certainly an upgrade on Ben Chilwell. Chelsea must be be wondering why they spent £50m on the wrong fullback. 

• Like 3

Very very tough game. It is clear their improvement since the 9-0 last season is off the scale. They are a very decent team, not full of stars especially but they function well as a unit, infact very well.

I'd like to say we can win but they have to be respected and will really be up for this. They are serious top 4 contenders this season.

Our home form has been pretty dismal so I'd even say they may be slight favourites but if we are seriously to challenge for the top 4 places we need to win these next two league games or at the very least not lose them.

Also must give away as few fouls as possible in our own hald as they have one of the best free-kick takers in the league.

Got a lot of 'saints mates' as now working on the south coast (yes I was at that 9-0 game as a guest of one of them who said he would never take me to a

F*******g game again!!). They are a very decent side now...who will be hard to beat, but watching us recently we are just starting to play attacking football between the lines at pace again...when we do that we look so much better.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

They’re in good form but we’re the better team, superior players.

Yes, you're right.   It seems that most of are not confident for this game so I had a quick gander at their forum.  They seem to be confident of winning, so I think we should be more positive.  Only two pages though with an extra week of build up for them.  Amateurs.

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

An in form Madders in his new false 9/shadow striker role will be the key to this game. 

If he performs we win.

Rake in the fouls and get Romeu sent off, weaken them in a vital position and take advantage there :D 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes, you're right.   It seems that most of are not confident for this game so I had a quick gander at their forum.  They seem to be confident of winning, so I think we should be more positive.  Only two pages though with an extra week of build up for them.  Amateurs.

Hope they have n't read all of ours. I don't worry about shop windows or talking behind hands but posts that do half Ralph Hassenhuttl's job for him are definitely not wise.

Edited by Alan Frost
Hopefully correcting Ralph's name

It's interesting that Brendan played nearly our full strength team as otherwise they would have had a 2 week break and may lose rhythm.... with Southampton's Cup game getting cancelled,  pretty much a 2 week break for them. So let's hope they struggle to get up to speed.

• Like 1

Big couple of home games. Really need to start picking up wins at home.

3 points from the next two would be ok, 4 points good and 6 would be brilliant of course. 

Team pretty much picks itself I think, assuming Vardy and Maddison are fit. Albrighton has to keep his place on current form.

I have a feeling we are gonna start kicking on at home. One thing that still worries me is the state of our zonal marking. Stoke caused us problems with set pieces and I get that Brenda and the lads ain’t doing much on field training listening to his comments. Hopefully big boy Soy can give us a little more stability with set pieces. 

I don't think showing the video of the 9-0 made that much of a difference. I doubt their squad would've avoided talking about it.

Far more pertinent was that in the return game they were in much better form and also were much better away from home last season.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think showing the video of the 9-0 made that much of a difference. I doubt their squad would've avoided talking about it.

Far more pertinent was that in the return game they were in much better form and also were much better away from home last season.

That and Ben Chilwell passing the ball straight to Southampton shirt every other minute.

• Like 1

Saints are proper technical grafters! Ings up front is deadly. That Prowes guy is probably the best deliverer of set pieces I've seen in the league so far. I will dread our lot defending his corners but I'm sure Brendan knows this is coming and will have prepared for it. Agreed it will be a tough game and certainly no walk over. The sooner we forget that result the better. Hope everyone is on their A game and ready to put a shift in. I predict a hard fought win 2-1