Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Southampton..(H)..up next.

This potentially could be a really good game. The last time they just out muscled us as I felt they wanted it a bit more.

We can't allow teams to do that to us if we're serious about top 4. Our reliance on Vardy is a worry so I think this could be the perfect

game for Under to enter the game on the right Wing. As I think Albrighton is looking very tired as he's played a lot lately.

our interplay is getting better as the understanding grows.

However we still give the Ball away too cheaply at times and against a good team like Southampton are, we're likely to get punished.

Tight games are usually won by mistakes or flashes of brilliance. Let's hope it comes from Barnes or Under.

Brendan please, can you work on Corners and Free Kicks please, As they're still rubbish.

1 hour ago, Monk said:

I think football will be suspended over the course of this coming week and it won’t go ahead for some weeks. 

If this happens the Euros will need to be cancelled.

If it gos ahead it will be a tough game, Ralph has them really well set up. Tight either way.

We could do with sorting our home form out. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

I have a lot of time and respect for Southampton. 

Love the football they play and they deserve all the credit they get. 

I also love how Danny Ings really looks like he enjoys playing every minute he's on the pitch. 

If we do what we can and don't commit basic mistakes at the back, I think we'll win 3-1.

And one of them will be a set piece 😉😄

A draw against 'Southampton' sounds a lot worse a result than the reality. Obviously 3 points would be brilliant, but Southampton have some real quality and organisation about them. Like others have said, if we score early and dominate, we could end up winning by 2+ goals however if we show any weakness, or we have an off day, Southampton will take full advantage.

Can NOT afford to give silly free kicks away with Ward-Prowse on the field.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3

Same team as today with Madders hopefully back in for Praet and Vardy in for Perez. 
Southampton are a good side, very dangerous from set pieces- Ward-Prowse for me has the best delivery in the league currently, which is a huge worry for us.

They can leak goals though, although their back line was brilliant against Liverpool. 
I think we’ll edge it by a goal with both teams scoring.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  feel if they press Tielemans the advantage will swing their way!!!

Unless we find another outlet I  think we will struggle to open them up.

We've overcome this this season though, did it vs Man City to devastating effect. Have to be relentless from our full backs to twist the press in our favour.

I'm not guessing the team but I think its easier than usual. We really could do with 3 points from this looking at what's coming up. We are due some home form and after todays performance which I'd give a 8 or 9/10 I've got hopes. Stoke  were better in my opinion than many said but we made them look worse.

If you are practising heading guys keep doing it. It does n't take a lot of training time. I thought it was pretty competent today with Wes Fofana the most improved and if we could get a bit beyond just competent that would be very valuable against Saints. They looked a tallish team to me against Liverpool and very useful in defence when the ball was in the air.  I would say we're well above average with the ball on the ground and it will be less frustrating when we improve when it's in the air. Ndidi is already good, Soyuncu has the technique and I suspect Evans was maybe a major contributor at West Brom when they achieved a goal from corners every 2.5 matches . I would think thats far from a world record but we' re not a big team and I'd settle for one every four matches. That would be 5 goals from what we've got left. probably worth 6-9 points, given average luck. It would certainly be a colossal improvement on 1 own goal (to us) from what was it almost 400 corners and n free kicks even though we did forget one by Huth and one by Vardy, and maybe one from Castagne..

I'm hoping Brendan continues as a realist and will probably ignore again the guys who will want to put the youth team out to give everyone a rest with no risk of injuries. I'm sure he's well aware that if allowed he could do it to the end of the season and have no injuries , cards , or tiredness in the first team squad so they could all go on holiday with a clear mind and in perfect nick.There's a time for rotation and rest but there's a good reason most successful managers prefer the chance of an unchanged team, although they know they won't be lucky enough to get it for long in the average season. I can imagine Shankly or Jim McLean saying "You'll get rest soon enough, lad, just as soon as you're injured'

Edited by Alan Frost