Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Brentford (a) Pre-Match (FA Cup)

On 21/01/2021 at 11:16, weller54 said:

How long and how many chances does Iheanacho need, he's like Gray.. both failed miserably to impress when given their chances.

He's not "like Gray", because he's substantively second-string regardless of how well he plays. It's not like Vardy will be sat down if Nacho has a good run of performances. Personally, I am HOPING (emphases added) that he's more "like Mendy" who most had given up on until Wilf's injury afforded him a good run of games without having to constantly look over his shoulder. Over the next few weeks, we shall have an answer either way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

He's not "like Gray", because he's substantively second-string regardless of how well he plays. It's not like Vardy will be sat down if Nacho has a good run of performances. Personally, I am HOPING (emphases added) that he's more "like Mendy" who most had given up on until Wilf's injury afforded him a good run of games without having to constantly look over his shoulder. Over the next few weeks, we shall have an answer either way.

I hope you're right but it's not like Nacho hasn't had a lot of chances to really put a stake down on his value to the team. Goals are important but honestly I was a big fan of Ulloa but I don't even see that kind of importance in Nacho's value (ignoring that Ulloa scored more PL goals in our 14/15 great escape than Nacho has scored his entire term with us). Same with Shinji who had only a slightly better goal record as Nacho but was always impactful. I hope but I have ZERO faith. I sort of question how he's even playing in the PL tbh. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

A postponement would be good. Then play it midweek meaning Everton game off & re-arranged later in the season when Vards & Denis are fit.

Why wouldn’t they postpone the Fulham game the following week instead ?  Surely more likely to do that than one in three days ? 

in any case, would be quite unusual for London to get proper snowfall that makes a pitch unplayable ....Brentford have a new stadium which I would think has undersoil heating 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Why wouldn’t they postpone the Fulham game the following week instead ?  Surely more likely to do that than one in three days ? 

in any case, would be quite unusual for London to get proper snowfall that makes a pitch unplayable ....

In normal times they would play it the week after but with no crowds they can arrange it at very short notice, they could play at 3 in the morning if they wished. 

Irrelevant anyway, there is no way it will be postponed

4 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

I hope you're right but it's not like Nacho hasn't had a lot of chances to really put a stake down on his value to the team. Goals are important but honestly I was a big fan of Ulloa but I don't even see that kind of importance in Nacho's value (ignoring that Ulloa scored more PL goals in our 14/15 great escape than Nacho has scored his entire term with us). Same with Shinji who had only a slightly better goal record as Nacho but was always impactful. I hope but I have ZERO faith. I sort of question how he's even playing in the PL tbh. 

It's not about my being either right or wrong, as I merely expressed a HOPE (emphasis yet again) rather than making a prediction.

As for how Nacho is playing in the PL, it's probably because he started off with 19 goals in 46 apps at Man City while scoring at a higher clip per minutes played than any other player in the league, and he must still be doing something 'right' for us to retain him after all these years while binning several others (Slimani, Musa, etc.). Just last season, many here on FT were bemoaning and even berating Brendan for not giving Nacho more minutes or for not finding a way to use him alongside Vardy. Nonetheless, and yet again, we should hopefully have more clarity in a couple of weeks.

Edited by NaijaFox

I think he will test Ricardo and Soyuncu out in this to see if they are capable of 90 mins and give JJ and Fofana a rest. Castagne to LB. 

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Castagne 

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans  Barnes

Maddison

Perez

52 minutes ago, thegaffer9 said:

Snow forecast tomorrow at Brentford, hope we can get this one played and not have to rearrange.

I assume their new stadium has under-soul heating so fail see how it would be off unless South West London suddenly becomes ‘Ice Station Zebra‘.

2 hours ago, thegaffer9 said:

Snow forecast tomorrow at Brentford, hope we can get this one played and not have to rearrange.

The chances of snow ruling out a football game in London is about as likely as a pandemic meaning it's against the law to go round your mum and dads for a bacon & egg sanger.... oh hang on.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

In normal times they would play it the week after but with no crowds they can arrange it at very short notice, they could play at 3 in the morning if they wished. 

That would be compatible with my current sleep pattern!  (Thank Sors for only being on emergency calls atm. (and still getting paid :D))  I could probably even turn up for the match is they did allow crowds at 3am :)  (It can't be THAT hard to get to from here, can it?)

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think he will test Ricardo and Soyuncu out in this to see if they are capable of 90 mins and give JJ and Fofana a rest. Castagne to LB. 

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Castagne 

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans  Barnes

Maddison

Perez

It's bad enough being without Vardy, why would we possibly want to even risk Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi. Albrighton also could do with a rest in order that we have the potential to play a relatively unchanged winning formula side against Everton. If we can't beat the Brentford second string with the many international players left we have at our disposal then we're hardly worthy of going through anyway. Your team, whilst very good, is overkill for a task that is lower down in the pecking order compared with the upcoming run of games where we need the best team possible out on the pitch.