Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I assume it is this guy that he is using:

https://www.davidmlloyd.com/

His surgery are all key hole and have a quick recovery. Jamie used him in the title winning season when he missed the FA Cup game. I think he recovered in 10/11 days from that. If this is the one then I am sure he will be back by the Wolves game latest, maybe even the midweek fixture before.

Fingers firmly crossed.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I presume he has had the op by now... any news?

Vardy's message was that he needs to get back on the training pitch and pick up a further three points in the next game

8 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Hello Lee, no we are not F====D although as a former youth team player recently promoted to the reserves I would not over criticise your post. First lets get rid of the panic. Oh woe, sackcloth and ashes , we are undone. There ,does that feel better.

We are not F-----d because we have a decent manager who is not injured and has had covid so is unlikely to be. Vardy is one of , maybe even the best thing that has ever happened to Leicester but.let me tell you why I think we're possibly only mildly inconvenienced and indeed may be better off as a result of recent events. Firstly Kevin de Bruyne is out for longer according to recent news. Personally at this stage in the season as I've posted before I think the main threat to LCFC  is Man C. Despite JV's importance de Bruyne is probably an even bigger loss because apart from Van Dijk (injured) and Pogba he is the only galactico I can think of in the PL.  Pogba's manager is OGS ,the worst manager of any of the clubs threatening us. Unfortunately OGS has given uo trying to manage Pogba but dare n't leave him out. As a result Pogba has started playing to his near potential which is bad news .However the rest of Man. U is still managed by OGS, the manager who left Fred on for a second half and thereby got Man u ejected from the ECL, when even the " as it happened -minute by minute" correspondents were pleading with OGS to take him off following a mild head butt and a terrible foul in the first half. As he's a man U player the ref did n't send him off and he came out again at half time !! He did n't stay on long even Refs (most of whom one would think are partly employed by Man U ) can have enough. Its football so Man. U may still be a threst but i think its unlikely with a relatively inexperienced , not too smart manager.

De Bruyne is probably a bigger loss to Man C. than JV is to us because he plays more centrally than JV and is therefore more involved in a game although admittedly JV is usually more involved that your average striker. As Jurgen Klopp has found with van Dijk and Pep already knows, replacing galacticos is not immediately possible however rich the club is or however attractive a side is . It took quite a while for even Real Madrid to assemble their Galacticos and fit them together , far longer than to the end of this season. galacticos are very rare creatures.

The summary of the above is that the two events ,JV's operation, and de Bruyne's absence has probably left LCFC in an overall stronger position. Liverpool have faded a bit more since Van Dijk's injury, Man U have OGS, Man C are still our biggest worry but have lost De Bruyne. Everton have Ancelotti and Spurs Morinho but neither team has a galactico. Hope this improves your sleep.

Guessing sarcasm isn’t your strongest point

Think it'll shake things up for the opposition as much as us. Perez or Nacho will take their chance.

Personally, with Ricardo coming back I'd be looking in training at the possibility of Madders as a false 9 with Barnes/Albrighton/Under/Perreira moving into dangerous positions from out wide. 

We saw Pep do it with Messi and Villa and Pedro wide and now with KDB up front.

It's a big switch up but it's something we should be considering with Maddison's talents. He's looking a lot more comfortable further forward and we have the personnel for it. Brentford could be an ideal opportunity to try these FM tactics. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Hello Lee, no we are not F====D although as a former youth team player recently promoted to the reserves I would not over criticise your post. First lets get rid of the panic. Oh woe, sackcloth and ashes , we are undone. There ,does that feel better.

We are not F-----d because we have a decent manager who is not injured and has had covid so is unlikely to be. Vardy is one of , maybe even the best thing that has ever happened to Leicester but.let me tell you why I think we're possibly only mildly inconvenienced and indeed may be better off as a result of recent events. Firstly Kevin de Bruyne is out for longer according to recent news. Personally at this stage in the season as I've posted before I think the main threat to LCFC  is Man C. Despite JV's importance de Bruyne is probably an even bigger loss because apart from Van Dijk (injured) and Pogba he is the only galactico I can think of in the PL.  Pogba's manager is OGS ,the worst manager of any of the clubs threatening us. Unfortunately OGS has given uo trying to manage Pogba but dare n't leave him out. As a result Pogba has started playing to his near potential which is bad news .However the rest of Man. U is still managed by OGS, the manager who left Fred on for a second half and thereby got Man u ejected from the ECL, when even the " as it happened -minute by minute" correspondents were pleading with OGS to take him off following a mild head butt and a terrible foul in the first half. As he's a man U player the ref did n't send him off and he came out again at half time !! He did n't stay on long even Refs (most of whom one would think are partly employed by Man U ) can have enough. Its football so Man. U may still be a threst but i think its unlikely with a relatively inexperienced , not too smart manager.

De Bruyne is probably a bigger loss to Man C. than JV is to us because he plays more centrally than JV and is therefore more involved in a game although admittedly JV is usually more involved that your average striker. As Jurgen Klopp has found with van Dijk and Pep already knows, replacing galacticos is not immediately possible however rich the club is or however attractive a side is . It took quite a while for even Real Madrid to assemble their Galacticos and fit them together , far longer than to the end of this season. galacticos are very rare creatures.

The summary of the above is that the two events ,JV's operation, and de Bruyne's absence has probably left LCFC in an overall stronger position. Liverpool have faded a bit more since Van Dijk's injury, Man U have OGS, Man C are still our biggest worry but have lost De Bruyne. Everton have Ancelotti and Spurs Morinho but neither team has a galactico. Hope this improves your sleep.

I’m sending you an invoice for 5 minutes of my life I just wasted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hip/groin/hernia all probably the same problem/injury. I doubt there are 2 separate concerns, I'm fairly confident they're one in the same.

Maybe Vardy has both. Someone on the forum with similar problems claimed that it was probably a hip joint problem which a "lubricating "injection cured for a while.  If correct .he probably could have completed the season with injections altho personally I don't think its wise to keep playing with injections . A medic might dfisagree. but pain is often the body's way of saying "Don't do that". Maybe the hernia has happened since,recently . I don't have any medical knowledge but I guess any sort of hernia is something you would n't want anyone playing football with. My main worry was Vardy would have an operation in an NHS hospital which is probably full of corona virus cases.

10 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Maybe Vardy has both. Someone on the forum with similar problems claimed that it was probably a hip joint problem which a "lubricating "injection cured for a while.  If correct .he probably could have completed the season with injections altho personally I don't think its wise to keep playing with injections . A medic might dfisagree. but pain is often the body's way of saying "Don't do that". Maybe the hernia has happened since,recently . I don't have any medical knowledge but I guess any sort of hernia is something you would n't want anyone playing football with. My main worry was Vardy would have an operation in an NHS hospital which is probably full of corona virus cases.

I very much doubt the club will put added pressure on the nhs or risk their multi million pound asset by putting him near coronavirus. The speed it is getting done will be private all the way. The problem he has is the same he has had for a while and not a new problem. I'm glad he is getting it sorted.

Sorry but neither of Perez or iheanacho did anything there to show that we have adequate striker cover for vardy. Granted Kel didn’t have a great deal of time on the pitch and whilst the midfield is in good scoring form it’s probably not highlighted as much but this should be alarming the club into action soon.

Edited by FoxFromCoalville
  • Like 2

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Just having in the starting 11 makes defenders nervous regardless if he is scoring 

Fully agree. We sre a better team with him. But I hate this narrative that we are nothing without Vardy. 

• Like 3

Just now, Koke said:

Fully agree. We sre a better team with him. But I hate this narrative that we are nothing without Vardy. 

Tbh it was kind of the case last season. 17 goals in his first 18 games last season, about half of our goals up to that point. Then he scored 6 in the next 20 and we struggled massively. This season maddison and barnes have taken their goalscoring to the next level thankfully, imagine if vardy comes back into this team at his best, we'll be blowing teams away!

7 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Sorry but neither of Perez or iheanacho did anything there to show that we have adequate striker cover for vardy. Granted Kel didn’t have a great deal of time on the pitch and whilst the midfield is in good scoring form it’s probably not highlighted as much but this should be alarming the club into action soon.

Not many are adequate striker cover for Vardy though? 

They're not the same strikers and need support. Expecting them to perform as well as Vardy is having too high expectations I would say. 

I think Perez was fine today. Not exceptional but certainly not worth the stick he gets/is getting from anyone during the game. He had a few chances and threatened with a few of their shots. You shouldn't expect the same movement as Vardy gives us as it's not the kind of player he is. I agree we should be getting another striker in but 1) finding a like-for-like replacement for Vardy is going to be very difficult and 2) we should keep Iheanacho until we get another striker in. It would be bad management to get rid of a striker before buying one. 

• Like 2

Perez did ok for me. Vardy brings a lot to us, that goes without saying, but regularly goes games without reaching double figures in touches. He's not long term answer and needs to played alongside someone who can benefit from his work but he'll be fine if we can find other ways to score.Rather him upfront then on the right anyway.

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Perez did ok for me. Vardy brings a lot to us, that goes without saying, but regularly goes games without reaching double figures in touches. He's not long term answer and needs to played alongside someone who can benefit from his work but he'll be fine if we can find other ways to score.Rather him upfront then on the right anyway.

Vards doesn't need to touch the ball , his presence and threat to keep making those dangerous runs is enough to worry defences!

Without him our attacking presence is much weakened.

Can't see opponents defences crapping themselves about Perez or Ihneacho's names on the teamsheet!