Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

40 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Good point. That is a serious blow. I would still be against buying a striker in a hurry, usually means a higher than usual price if the seller knows you are in a hurry, and unless BR is a genius who ever we buy is likely to cost over 30K and might take as long as Vardy is off before he is effective within the team. Generally cheap strkers are a mistake and repented at leisure  JV being the necessary exception to prove the rule. 

I would be inclined to try Barnes and Madison as strikers at Brentford and tell them today they are trial strikers who have to press as hard as Vardy (should n't be too difficult its really a two man job anyway) . Realise we might  not be going to win the PL, and EFL and FA cup altho we should keep seriously pursuing them IMO.

No need for panic (there never is) . I think the squad as it is can largely cope without Jamie for a few weeks, we have some very flexible players, mainly Justin and Castagne, but there are others such as Pereira probably, who would have to play Brentford along with HB and JM (to see how that goes) and as a first option after that check the chances of recalling KDH by the Everton match.I suspect he will turn out a good striker and even if he does n't will be a very useful MF almost immediately. Don't really want to rush him in a striker role even if he shows promise. I know I've been against that in posts but no JV is not good as even he might take a week or so after the op . to get back to full effectiveness. That would be my proposal and I'm pretty confident BR will have even smarter proposals as I doubt this has come out of the blue to him. Never the less you make a good point and priority is  the two points, then beat Brentford and Everton,(that will take care of the two points) then make sure we don't lose touch in the PL, and carry on in the FA cup ( Next !!) then the ERL

Just think how dejected our pursuers will feel if our stride is n't seen to falter. One thing I am pretty sure of is Brendan will have known it was coming and might already have a plan to cope with it. I would suggest we don't win all 3 if possible so as to get a better chance of winning the PL, ECL and cup again next season and to keep our forum members a little bit humble. I can think of a few who could get carried away.

Might turn out to be a piece of luck if JV back quickly and playing more effectively than ever, HB and JM cope, and KDH starts knocking in a goal a game. Then with JV repaired, and not having to buy a striker at all.......who knows. Don't forget as well the goals from corners and set pieces practicing is going well with our first goal from a corner since the war, you guys tell me. Burnley probably had't done much better from penalties as they've probably only been awarded 3 or 4 since the war. 

That's a bold prediction.  You're really sticking your neck out there.  lol

And another thing, please stop saying KDH is a striker.  He's not a striker, never been a striker a striker he is not.  Why does it upset me so much that you keep saying KDH is a striker?  It really shouldn't.... but it does.  It really irritates me.  It twists my melon, rattles my cage and presses my buttons.  Just stop it!  You keep doing it and  you're doing it on purpose now.  Just stobbit!     :frusty:

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I think we've picked our moment actually, other players have been finding the net and dare I say he's looked off his best the last few games.

He's off his best exactly because he's been nursing a hernia - they can be damned tricky blighters. I suspect his off-form coincides with it either appearing or getting worse. I guess the consultant they use would have monitored his condition frequently to ensure no serious damage was occurring. Football is the sport to find or create damage to the groin, knees, ankles and leg muscles. Tribute to his devotion to the cause that he's persisted playing - City hero yet again.

9 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

lollol

Take it easy on @Alan Frost.

I believe he'd previously stated that football isn't his forte.

That's as maybe but we've been through this on other threads.  It must be deliberate.  He's doing it on purpose.  I thought that I was quite relaxed and laid back but Mr Frost has found the chink in my armour and he is relentlessly pursuing it.  This man has no mercy.  Every time he says it I find myself making an involuntary fist and my left eye starts twitching violently.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont Think he had poor games, he pulled the Defence all over the place, Opening up Spaces for the goals....I

Though I reckon your train of thought   this rest  I agree with...but Maybe just Maybe Rodgers & Coaching staff 

have with the squad more than prepared themselves...and ready to face up to Everton in their own Way with suprising formation + selection set up...I

Good & procative last sentence, which Shows how far we have come...I

But like a Year ago...2 other major reoccuring  injuries could scupper a well thought out scenario & program.

we are still Light in some Area & individual positions...

He wasn’t poor overall, but he was below his usual standards. He was clearly hampered and especially against Chelsea , I was saying ‘he looks hampered , I don’t know what’s up’ so I wasn’t suprised to hear the news today as it felt he couldn’t really be at his best.

He wasn’t awful. I thought he was good at Spurs and Newcastle in particular. It’ll be interesting if we can cope without him.

Perez isnt great but I’m confident more because of the other 10. We have a great balance and I believe as long as we keep the rest of the team how it is, we’ll still dictate games and have a fine balance.

3 hours ago, dayday said:

That’s what I thought, but apparently I’m an ostrich for even thinking that he wasnt all that great 

I think he has been a bit poor vs Southampton and Chelsea I agree with you, and I’m JV biggest fan.

He hasn’t been awful though he’s just struggled a bit physically and his finishing has dropped. He seems to be trying so many silly little flicks which I don’t understand.

He missed a 1 on 1 vs West Ham, also at 3-1 up vs Leeds and also vs Arsenal to make it 2-0(this was a tough chance to be fair), he also did it vs Chelsea. I don’t understand why he doesn’t just drill it low and hard, he’s trying to be too precise, which I don’t understand.

His overall play though in general has been good and he’s fitting perfectly into the system, his play and timing for Youris chance vs Chelsea was fantastic play and in general he will be a miss.

However we arnt a 1 man team anymore, we have 3/4 absolutely top draw players so I’m hoping we’ll be ok, we are pushed to our bare bones now though, Praet and Vardy out will strain us, any more and we could be in huge trouble.

As I said above, as long as we don’t tweek our team now , I think we’ll be ok.

Same team with Perez in for Vards against Everton and Leeds and see how we go.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I wouldn’t be adverse to Nacho starting…. Granted he’s had a couple of ropey moments of late, but, I suspect he’d do fine

Perhaps playing without the inevitable dropping thatll follow any performance will help. 

I thought the nacho in that middle period last season esp v Villa looked lethal 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

If I'm Everton I would be partying right now.

All of the club's we are playing, will be pleased.

This is a massive psychological boost to our opponents

Remember his last minute winner against them last season? Nacho was terrible at West Ham, but he’s performed ok in Europa and last year we were praising Brendan for rescuing his career. Barnes and Under on the wings to maintain our pace going forward and hopefully it will work. 

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is why Brendan has been pushing everyone else forward and to take a shot and try and score then I guess. I would imagine to give them the confidence knowing Vards is going to be out. We will be fine - Youri, Madders, Harvey and even Marc have scored recently when Vardy hasn't. I think we will miss his movement though and the fear factor to opposition but the team are brimming with confidence and Perez can fit in. I would take him over Kelechi. Positive thoughts all will be fine. He hasn't been right for a while so it needs sorting. He will be back firing for the Liverpool match.

Get well soon Vards!

1 minute ago, Hales said:

This is why Brendan has been pushing everyone else forward and to take a shot and try and score then I guess. I would imagine to give them the confidence knowing Vards is going to be out. We will be fine - Youri, Madders, Harvey and even Marc have scored recently when Vardy hasn't. I think we will miss his movement though and the fear factor to opposition but the team are brimming with confidence and Perez can fit in. I would take him over Kelechi. Positive thoughts all will be fine. He hasn't been right for a while so it needs sorting. He will be back firing for the Liverpool match.

Get well soon Vards!

Even Wilf has scored!

I just hope it doesn’t give him the confidence to keep trying it 

• Haha 2