Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Disagree - Marc got his first goal in 2 years this week, Harvey has what? 10 from the left already this season across all competitions? Losing those to move him centrally is a huge gamble

I think pereira on the left is our best bet. He was quite good there against everton

Celtic have siad that they won't sell Edouard thi month but what have they really got left to play for?  I think they're 20+ points behind Rangers.  Maybe we could arrange a loan fee of around £7m which is not a lot for us but would go a long way in the SPL.  Gives us a chance to see if he is up to the PL too and we could even send Nacho the other way.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

"Vardy's out, they ain't got no-one else Jeff, all these teams lavv playing on the telly, can't see it Jeff, really I can't".

81b139795e8d8cf1cd7935226e234cae.png

It's the stock answer from the pundits whenever we're in the title conversation "...but Vardy getting an injury" etc.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Anybody else wondering if the timeing means wev'e got a forward coming in?

I think it might be being used as leverage to bring a new striker in. It’s what I’d do. We’re close to something incredible, so why not go balls to the wall and see where the cards fall?

Edited by ARM1968

There is no way we should play Ayoze up top on his own. He is way too light weight and slow. For me it's got to be Nacho. Who despite people losing faith, does hold it up well and give structure. I'm not as down on him as others as I remember his good patches last season. However if we want something closer to Vards so we can remain true to our style. Then it can only be Barnes centrally as he has the gas. 

It will be interesting to see how we adapt. I would love Nacho to find some form and prove the doubters wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Harvey to move up front, with Under and RP to go to the wings?

I could see that happening with Barnes' rich vein of scoring form, but there'd be an argument to keep him playing in the same role that's bringing results. 
Not sure who'd play left wing - Albrighton to switch over and Perez/Ünder/Perreira on the right?

15 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Time to announce Daka. 

if people want Barnes moved centrally ...

could Timmy do a job as an inside forward on the left to cover? I mean I’d rather round pegs and round holes. Daka or taking that or settle for Oddsone lol  

Would rather see Albrighton on the left and Ricardo in his place 

28 minutes ago, AshbyBlue said:

The year we won the league Vardy got band for 3 matches and all the pundits said that was it we were going to fail then up step  leonardo to take his place and guess what we didnt buckle.So keep the faith whoever takes Vardys place.

Yeah but we had Mahrez and Ulloa.....

Not that I'm hitting the panic button, Vardy hasn't looked that sharp recently and off the top of my head his scoring record in the months January and February isn't that great. Sure he still adds a lot to the team, but weeks could mean 1 or 2 so hopefully he won't be missing for too long and being naturally fit as he is, shouldn't take too long to get back up to speed either

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Are people really suggesting Ricardo up top as a serious suggestion?

It'll be Perez or Nacho, got a feeling it'll be Perez, Nacho only really plays well in a 2. I think this shows the need to move Iheanacho on, if we can't rely on him for 4 weeks whilst Vardy is out then we'll never be able to.

The only minor benefit for having Kel and Ayoze whilst Vardy is out, is that either can (at a push) cover for both Vardy or fill a Maddison hole should he need a rest/pickup a knock. Looking for gold in a turd I know :(

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If we create a decent number of chances a game I'd back Iheanacho to score more of them then Perez. 

Both of them are very different strikers to Vardy and either would be used to bring others into the game and add to their goal tally. Kelechi holds the ball up well with his back to goal and Perez drops deep and play forward. The issue wouldn't be so much relying in goals from either of them, it would be who we play wide.

Barnes has stepped up and looks more and more confident and Maddison has taken Carraghers comments very personally and looking to get more goals.

With Vardy out, teams are likely to play higher against us, so personally I'd pick Perez, allow him to come deep and spread the play

Hope his OP goes well and wish him a speedy recovery.

I would give Cengiz Under a chance up front, not sure Perez is any better, he doesn't have Unders pace and Nacho's confidence as we have seen is not great.

I'm sure BR will make the right call..

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Are people really suggesting Ricardo up top as a serious suggestion?

It'll be Perez or Nacho, got a feeling it'll be Perez, Nacho only really plays well in a 2. I think this shows the need to move Iheanacho on, if we can't rely on him for 4 weeks whilst Vardy is out then we'll never be able to.

not at all serious lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Both of them are very different strikers to Vardy and either would be used to bring others into the game and add to their goal tally. Kelechi holds the ball up well with his back to goal and Perez drops deep and play forward. The issue wouldn't be so much relying in goals from either of them, it would be who we play wide.

Barnes has stepped up and looks more and more confident and Maddison has taken Carraghers comments very personally and looking to get more goals.

With Vardy out, teams are likely to play higher against us, so personally I'd pick Perez, allow him to come deep and spread the play

I think we need someone to be in and around the box, Perez best work is done outside whereas Iheanacho has quick feet and not afraid to shoot. Ideally we probably have to play both to get the best out of them but only way we can do that is to go back to a back 3.