Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

32 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I just don’t get this argument of well Vardy hasn’t scored for so many games but Barnes, Maddison etc have. We’ll be fine without him. No we won’t. The reason other players are scoring is thru Vardy making the runs to allow space for others. This obviously won’t happen with Vardy not playing. 

Forfeit the matches!

Guest StevieLynex

Vardy will be out for a couple of weeks. Here's what happened in 2016:

Jamie had a bilateral Lloyd Release Procedure in early January and was able to return to playing Premier League football eight days after surgery. He had surgery to both groins with mesh reinforcement using keyhole surgery. His physiotherapist, Dave Rennie, was closely involved in his rehabilitation and the whole medical team helped him to return to top flight football.

Unlikely he will be back and fit until March. Hernias usally take 3 weeks to heal and then another 3 before you can do strenuous excercise. Then there is match fitness to regain. Allowing for the fact he's very fit and will be under top medical teams the recovery might be shorter but we're probably going to have to do without him until Brighton away.

That's if the reported Hernia surgery is correct of course.

Edited by reynard

Well that sucks.

But he has looked more than a bit off the last 2 games. Time for the next in line to step up like JJ for Ricardo and Mendy for Ndidi. Kelechi, now is the frickin time to show us what you really got!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, reynard said:

Unlikely he will be back and fit until March. Hernias usally take 3 weeks to heal and then another 3 before you can do strenuous excercise. Then there is match fitness to regain. Allowing for the fact he's very fit and will be under top medical teams the recovery might be shorter but we're probably going to have to do without him until Brighton away.

That's if the reported Hernia surgery is correct of course.

Hopefully worst case scenario as that means he misses the EL games.

Being positive about this it means we go into the FA Cup quarters (hopefully), EL and the second half of the PL with a reasonably rested team.
Ricardo, Soyuncu, Castagne, Ndidi, Maddison & Vardy will all have misssed a fair few games. Praet will be back for the finals.

Step forward the new Jamie vardy , mr Harvey Barnes , I think if he could sort his shooting out ( I know he’s scored more this year already) but he’s got the right attributes, pace , power ( think Martin waghorn with skill ) & he’s got youth on his side & he’s really coming into his own this season 

• Like 1

If it carries on like recent weeks then we should come through intact but no Vardy is still a huge boost to whoever we play. 

We need Kelechi to score a complete fluke of a goal a la Chris Wood at Watford 10 minutes into the next league match and hopefully he takes off from there.

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Left field option of Barnes up front and Marc and Under on the wings?

Can Perez play as a direct replacement? Rather than Ian?

What about?

Kasper 

Justin Fofana Soy Castange

Ndidi

Ricardo Tielemans Maddison

Perez Barnes

....Maddison needs to be central.......or a free role!!!

We have made the error of putting him out wide and it does not work, we have seen it before, he will not see much of the ball and he will start to drift centrally to try and affect the play..

• Like 2

Schmeichel

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Ndidi 

Youri          Maddison

Under                    Barnes

Iheanacho

Maybe something like that? Maybe put Perez in for Under, but I think Iheanacho's link up play combined with Maddison and Barnes' goal scoring form could work

11 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Seeing as Soyuncu cant get a game in defence, put him up top, didnt he start as a striker?

You could see Vardy wasn't right for a while now, So it's better to get it sorted before we get to the crucial part of the season and more big games.

That's not as bad as it seems. He'd win a lot of headers to bring others into play while occupying a few defenders. It's certainly something we should consider if were not winning a game.

I suspect though we'll go with Perez to start as he's technically better than Iheanacho. 

With the support of Maddison Barnes etc. backing him up.

Whoever gets the job tomorrow is likely to be the one to keep it. 

Brendan quoted in Leicestershire Live:

"In fact, Vardy may only be out for a week following an operation that was originally scheduled for November.

“It’ll just depend on the recovery, he could be a week,” Rodgers said. “It’s not a major operation, it’s a minor one. It’ll just depend on the recovery process. It could be earlier than two weeks, but on a rough guess that’s what it will be"

I wouldn't normally have much confidence in anything the LL website says, but BR is directly quoted here. Hopefully it's cause for a bit of optimism and he'll probably return better than he was before as he's clearly been in some pain 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Schmeichel

Justin - Fofana - Evans - Castagne

Ndidi 

Youri          Maddison

Under                    Barnes

Iheanacho

Maybe something like that? Maybe put Perez in for Under, but I think Iheanacho's link up play combined with Maddison and Barnes' goal scoring form could work

Why is Castagne in the car park? 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 4

I recon Brendan has been thinking putting Barnes in the Vardy Role bringing either Ricardo on one side Albrighton on the other maybe utilise Ünder, Brendan has been saying apparently on the press even tho Vardy is injured he won’t sign another Striker but The Edouard story doesn’t seem to be slowing down either?

Is Nacho the right one to replace Vardy whilst he goes under the knife and for his rehabilitation back from injury as the guy just has no confidence, yes he’s been great at times but the performances Of late the penalty debacle I just think we need to send him on loan if we’re going to keep him to get more game time get his confidence back as it’ll take more than 4weeks of Vardy away to bring him back from his lack of confidence?

Yes well miss our little Fox in the box but we will need to and this is a dreadful thought have to replace him one day so is this the chance to see if we already have a replacement in Harvey Barnes ?

Onwards And Upwards !!image.png.fa0505e48d5e0c6ea178115b62a2b968.png

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Brendan quoted in Leicestershire Live:

"In fact, Vardy may only be out for a week following an operation that was originally scheduled for November.

“It’ll just depend on the recovery, he could be a week,” Rodgers said. “It’s not a major operation, it’s a minor one. It’ll just depend on the recovery process. It could be earlier than two weeks, but on a rough guess that’s what it will be"

I wouldn't normally have much confidence in anything the LL website says, but BR is directly quoted here. Hopefully it's cause for a bit of optimism and he'll probably return better than he was before as he's clearly been in some pain 

That's huge news. From the sounds of it theyre expecting 2 weeks maximum to recover which means he could be back in time for the Fulham game or even Leeds!

• Like 2

Vardy has been hampered for a while with his fitness and we've generally been awesome.

As long as Maddison and Barnes keep delivering we'll be fine but i have zero confidence in Perez or Nacho.

I think we'll end up playing Barnes as a striker if/when the above two arent cutting it.

9 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

The thing they don’t tell you about hernia ops is that your balls turn black . Quite a surprise when it happens

Other half said she was hoping the whole thing would go, which I thought was telling. ;)

They also don't tell you that the codeine is going to back you up so much that the first dump is a tortuous nightmare, only resolved by extreme laxative abuse.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Vardy will be out for a couple of weeks. Here's what happened in 2016:

Jamie had a bilateral Lloyd Release Procedure in early January and was able to return to playing Premier League football eight days after surgery. He had surgery to both groins with mesh reinforcement using keyhole surgery. His physiotherapist, Dave Rennie, was closely involved in his rehabilitation and the whole medical team helped him to return to top flight football.

That's what I had, the surgeon said I could go back to heavy lifting once recovered as the repair makes you stronger than new. The flesh actually grows through the mesh, which is mega strong, so it really can't move once it is done.