Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s the thing ‘were’ unbeaten, with our best team..It wasn’t no reason it was obvious why and obvious why it’s changed.
So yeah now all of a sudden we will be useless for 10 days or so(whenever Wilf is back in).

It’s quite clear Wilf is a huge miss and Mendy is the problem.

Lets go back to the international break. Top of the league.

We play Liverpool - lose, battered. Mendy in no Ndidi. Must be because of Liverpool’s quality?

We play Fulham - lose battered. Mendy in no Ndidi. Must be because of Fulham’s quality? 🤦‍♂️.

Same old sh*t.

We then play bottom of the table Sheffield Utd - struggling to a 1-1. Strange pattern this!! Oh now Wilf replaces Mendy. Manage to turn it around to a win! Hmmm.

Phew..we will be much better now..

AEK Athens - 2-0 most 1 sided convincing wins for a long time. Strange? Just a poor Athens team? No Wilf is back.

Next Brighton - 3-0 most convincing win you’ll ever see. 2nd half a non event. Notice a pattern yet?

Now onto Everton another win now we’re back in the grove. Oh no Mendy is back in and Wilf at CB.. will be different again now. 0-2 loss. Run over in the middle, poor.

Same old sh*t!  ‘Why are we so inconsistent?’ I wonder 🥱.

Onto Spurs away. Their top of the table. Tough.

Oh we have Wilf back in and Mendy out. Strong!

2-0 win - fantastic, dominant. Starting to see a pattern here I think.

Now a strong on form Man U team - 2-2 good point. Good performance. The pattern continues.

Onto Palace away - we are looking good. Oh Brendan rests Wilf and Mendy is back in. Sigh. Oh another game we for some reason don’t win. 4 points vs 2 top teams and then drop points to a team battered 7-0 the week before. Starting to seem more and more conclusive.

Onto Newcastle away, must win! Wilf back in for Mendy, perfect. Very confident now - 2-1 no problem.

FA cup Stoke away - strong team! 4-0 no problem.

Southampton, same team again. Southampton strong at the time but no problem. Really looking good currently.

Now Chelsea roll into town. Again same team. Very confident. Dominant and another manager in the bin. Top of the league, we are a very good team.

Everything going so well, so obvious why.

Everton away - title push? Oh no big injury to Wilf. Little Mendy on again. Struggle on the cards.

Everton weak in the middle but not In control as we have been for some reason in a 9 game unbeaten run.

Pickford bails us out but we don’t seem to flow as much..why I wonder.

Now Leeds at home - were 3rd there 12th easy win right? ‘Can we win the title!?’ Silly time to ask that when this pattern is so obvious and we havnt got the tools now. Mendy in again, will the obvious pattern continue? Surely not.

Leeds 3-1 and run us over. Very very strange, just a ‘bad day at the office’ right?

Its beginning to look a bit like a GCSE maths test where you have to spot the pattern and predict the next outcome:

1 4 7 10 ___ ? Answer: 13 maybe?

Win(Wilf), win(Wilf), win(Wilf), lose(___) ? Mendy?

So yeah forgive me if I’m a bit pessimistic about Fulham 🙄

You can't blame Mendy for us losing a game of football lol wtf. what about all the games he played that we have won?

Nacho cost us against Palace or Rodgers by not playing Vardy first half then having to bring him on 2nd half.

but yea its all on MENDY!!>!>!>!>!>!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I don’t understand the negativity towards Mendy & a few others. He was excellent during his run in the side & was rightly praised virtually every game, suddenly he’s Championship standard !

Some of your bosses are so lucky that you are so great at your jobs & never make mistakes !

Sunday was disappointing, we are having a great season even so. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Let’s not turn into entitled Arsenal fans. 
2-1 win tomorrow. 

I don’t rate him and never have. Yea he’s tidy and against certain opposition, teams with fairly passive midfield players he is okay, but put him in against an aggressive midfield and he is exposed for being completely immobile and shows how limited he is. He was gash against Leeds, not because their midfield is better than ours, but because they ran, pressed and got into our faces. Mendy can’t deal with that, he’s not aggressive enough, and he doesn’t attack the spaces where the play is, not does he anticipate where the play is going. He is more of a sit there and keep the ball moving type of player, which like I said is fine against certain opposition, but not against sides with some physical presence and aggression in midfield. 

In short, he’s a back up and that is it, but the fact Wilf is sooooo good, makes it tough for Mendy when he comes in. But we will see the same again against Fulham, as we did last time where he had the same issues of just not being able to cope with their physicality.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t rate him and never have. Yea he’s tidy and against certain opposition, teams with fairly passive midfield players he is okay, but put him in against an aggressive midfield and he is exposed for being completely immobile and shows how limited he is. He was gash against Leeds, not because their midfield is better than ours, but because they ran, pressed and got into our faces. Mendy can’t deal with that, he’s not aggressive enough, and he doesn’t attack the spaces where the play is, not does he anticipate where the play is going. He is more of a sit there and keep the ball moving type of player, which like I said is fine against certain opposition, but not against sides with some physical presence and aggression in midfield. 

In short, he’s a back up and that is it, but the fact Wilf is sooooo good, makes it tough for Mendy when he comes in. But we will see the same again against Fulham, as we did last time where he had the same issues of just not being able to cope with their physicality.  

👏👏👏. Finally someone who says it how it is and doesn’t hide behind the seemingly easy narrative on here.

He is so limited it’s painful. I’ve never seen stats that tell such a strong correlation of how much a difference it is when he plays. 
He was absolutely gash vs Leeds but it was the same vs West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Liverpool and Everton.

The really sad thing is it wouldn’t be so obvious if we weren’t suddenly looking nowhere near as gash in the games in between.

22 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Mate Wilf is better than Mendy, a lot better, and I’d have him in the team over Mendy every single time but you do come across as having a slight vendetta. We won lots of games at the start of the season which Mendy played and he’s certainly not quite as bad as you make out. I’m all for stats, intact I’m quite a sad person with not much life and I really like stats but you can’t just ignore the ones at the start of the season that don’t fit your predetermined viewpoint, there’s a name for that. I’d say pretty much 99% of us on here know that Mendy is a downgrade on Wilf but he’s certainly not the donkey you make out and, honestly, I don’t know how it feels when you’re writing the posts but as an objective viewer they just come across a bit silly which is a shame because you do have some valid viewpoints. The issue is that the constant hyperbole only serves to undermine your assertions (Some of which hold true) so you’re only really harming your own argument. X 

It’s not any hyperbole at all. I’m being as least dramatic as I can be. I would be much stronger on him but it’s not his fault he’s out his depth and I don’t want to hate on the guy.

It’s as simple as this, he’s out his level. He’s very very poor and limited player. He wouldn’t get in any Premier league team. Anguissa at Fulham, Basuma at Brighton both better. He wouldn’t get into a single team.

I don’t even need to compare to Wilf because it’s not even a question(although saying that, some people on here questioning whether Wilf would get back in the team before 🤣🤣🙄), the problem is, he’s not even good enough as a back up. If we partnered Youri and Madders with Praet, when Ndidi is out we’d be ok.

Praet is ‘good cover’ Mendy is not.

You say you like stats..since the international break:

Wilf in DM(90 mins) - 7 wins 1 draw 0 losses

Mendy in DM(90 mins) - 0 wins 1 draw 4 losses.

*I didn’t include Sheffield Utd away as Mendy played 70 at 1-1 and Wilf came on at 1-1 to win. Didn’t include it in either though.

Every loss this season Mendy has played, Wilf only lost 1 at CB.

They are very damming.

We are also very poor with Mendy. Even our wins vs Arsenal and Wolves are very poor performances that we ‘knicked’

The win vs Wolves was as bad as any of the 6 defeats we’ve suffered but a lucky penalty and a poor Wolves team struggling as we fell over the line with some Kasper brilliance stopped another home joke. The 2nd half vs Wolves was as bad as anything.

The stats tell 1 thing, but the performances tell it in an even uglier picture. Mendy is holding back the rest of the team and the sooner he’s binned the better chance we stand at making the CL.

36 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You can't blame Mendy for us losing a game of football lol wtf. what about all the games he played that we have won?

Nacho cost us against Palace or Rodgers by not playing Vardy first half then having to bring him on 2nd half.

but yea its all on MENDY!!>!>!>!>!>!

Stats don’t lie. We can hide behind the narrative that Mendy plays well every game, ignoring the reality. Or we can actually try and understand, as a fan base why quote ‘I can’t understand how we can play so well for weeks then turn up vs Leeds and play like that’.

Its ok to turn a blind eye to it, but don’t be suprised when we drop points to sh*te teams and wonder why.

• Haha 1

Mendy is a decent player, I like him. But without wilf we lack the physical presence in midfield.

also we are better on corners defensively with wilf in the team just because of his height. 

we have managed to win games without wilf this season and I personally think we will beat Fulham.

we have fofana and castagne out, but the people coming in are pretty damn good replacements.

Everyone is so hot and cold, we have done brilliantly to be up there again so far, we are still in the FA cup and the Europa league. This is about the most successful this club has ever been. Let’s have some perspective.

39 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’m fine mate you? You can ignore the stats and facts all you like but please Just don’t be suprised when we keep going on polarisation of form depending on whose in the team and wondering why you can’t work out why.

Mendy has 100% stolen your girl. You can rate/dislike a player but you seem devoted to criticising him on any thread you can. I'm about to pop over to the music forum if you could maybe keep it out of there?!

As for tomorrow, my worry is where the goals are going to come from. There was a worrying lack of bite and pace on Sunday. Hard to see that changing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Mendy is such a clever little player and seems the kind of bloke you always route for. Trouble is Wilf is so much more of a physical presence and is absolutely massive for us. We seem to go from a team that dominates mf to team that gets overrun when Pappy replaces Ndidi.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Mendy is such a clever little player and seems the kind of bloke you always route for. Trouble is Wilf is so much more of a physical presence and is absolutely massive for us. We seem to go from a team that dominates mf to team that gets overrun when Pappy replaces Ndidi.

At the start too we had Dennis rather than Maddison, who is slightly more physical. When wilf is missing.

Edited by teblin

11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

👏👏👏. Finally someone who says it how it is and doesn’t hide behind the seemingly easy narrative on here.

He is so limited it’s painful. I’ve never seen stats that tell such a strong correlation of how much a difference it is when he plays. 
He was absolutely gash vs Leeds but it was the same vs West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Liverpool and Everton.

The really sad thing is it wouldn’t be so obvious if we weren’t suddenly looking nowhere near as gash in the games in between.

It’s not any hyperbole at all. I’m being as least dramatic as I can be. I would be much stronger on him but it’s not his fault he’s out his depth and I don’t want to hate on the guy.

It’s as simple as this, he’s out his level. He’s very very poor and limited player. He wouldn’t get in any Premier league team. Anguissa at Fulham, Basuma at Brighton both better. He wouldn’t get into a single team.

I don’t even need to compare to Wilf because it’s not even a question(although saying that, some people on here questioning whether Wilf would get back in the team before 🤣🤣🙄), the problem is, he’s not even good enough as a back up. If we partnered Youri and Madders with Praet, when Ndidi is out we’d be ok.

Praet is ‘good cover’ Mendy is not.

*I didn’t include Sheffield Utd away as Mendy played 70 at 1-1 and Wilf came on at 1-1 to win. Didn’t include it in either though.

Every loss this season Mendy has played, Wilf only lost 1 at CB.

They are very damming.

We are also very poor with Mendy. Even our wins vs Arsenal and Wolves are very poor performances that we ‘knicked’

The win vs Wolves was as bad as any of the 6 defeats we’ve suffered but a lucky penalty and a poor Wolves team struggling as we fell over the line with some Kasper brilliance stopped another home joke. The 2nd half vs Wolves was as bad as anything.

The stats tell 1 thing, but the performances tell it in an even uglier picture. Mendy is holding back the rest of the team and the sooner he’s binned the better chance we stand at making the CL.

Stats don’t lie. We can hide behind the narrative that Mendy plays well every game, ignoring the reality. Or we can actually try and understand, as a fan base why quote ‘I can’t understand how we can play so well for weeks then turn up vs Leeds and play like that’.

Its ok to turn a blind eye to it, but don’t be suprised when we drop points to sh*te teams and wonder why.

Like I said Hyperbole.

”Mendy is not as good as Wilf and our record with Mendy is much poorer. The stats back that up. We stand a much better chance of winning with Wilf in the team and I worry that with Mendy we will fall away”. That’s fine. Put that and no one can disagree but his is what you put....

”Easiest game for Fulham all season, Mendy would not get into ANY other Prem team.” 

That is just not true, and in my opinion it ruins your argument which, as I said, is very sound in parts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Like I said Hyperbole.

”Mendy is not as good as Wilf and our record with Mendy is much poorer. The stats back that up. We stand a much better chance of winning with Wilf in the team and I worry that with Mendy we will fall away”. That’s fine. Put that and no one can disagree but his is what you put....

”Easiest game for Fulham all season, Mendy would not get into ANY other Prem team.” 

That is just not true, and in my opinion it ruins your argument which, as I said, is very sound in parts. 

But that’s my opinion. It’s not a hypobole. I genuinely believe he wouldn’t. I’ve watched a lot more footy this year being as it’s lockdown and evenings are indoors a lot more and he wouldn’t get in any premier league team I’ve seen. Fulham and Brighton have much better midfielders than him and they are strugglers. He’d never get in Burnley’s over brownhill. He wouldn’t get in Leeds or Newcastle’s either. Sheffield Utd? Fleck and lundstrum are better players imo too. It’s hardly a hypobole its how I see it.

It doesn’t really matter about how it’s ‘my argument’. I think it’s just simply a case of it’s quite obvious to me why we drop points and it honestly confuses me when I hear people who are so suprised by our polarisation of form and how we are so bad in so many games this year against weaker teams and missing the clear anomaly.

21 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

We get overrun because he’s weak, not got the engine and stands off all the time because when he steps in he gets roasted. He’s a very poor player whose way below the requirements.

The trouble is, when you lack the physicality, the engine , the strength, the timing of tackles or the aggression you don’t really offer much to the team. So that means you need to offer it in another way, Madders lacks that for example but then has top technical ability so you can carry him.

Mendy is neither here nor there. Doesn’t offer anything. He passes sideways and backwards and flirts near the ball and picks up loose possession that someone else has broken up for him.

He is a wasted man and for me I’d rather try Fofana or Amarty in there and if not then Hamza.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

But that’s my opinion. It’s not a hypobole. I genuinely believe he wouldn’t. I’ve watched a lot more footy this year being as it’s lockdown and evenings are indoors a lot more and he wouldn’t get in any premier league team I’ve seen. Fulham and Brighton have much better midfielders than him and they are strugglers. He’d never get in Burnley’s over brownhill. He wouldn’t get in Leeds or Newcastle’s either. Sheffield Utd? Fleck and lundstrum are better players imo too. It’s hardly a hypobole its how I see it.

It doesn’t really matter about how it’s ‘my argument’. I think it’s just simply a case of it’s quite obvious to me why we drop points and it honestly confuses me when I hear people who are so suprised by our polarisation of form and how we are so bad in so many games this year against weaker teams and missing the clear anomaly.

We get overrun because he’s weak, not got the engine and stands off all the time because when he steps in he gets roasted. He’s a very poor player whose way below the requirements.

The trouble is, when you lack the physicality, the engine , the strength, the timing of tackles or the aggression you don’t really offer much to the team. So that means you need to offer it in another way, Madders lacks that for example but then has top technical ability so you can carry him.

Mendy is neither here nor there. Doesn’t offer anything. He passes sideways and backwards and flirts near the ball and picks up loose possession that someone else has broken up for him.

He is a wasted man and for me I’d rather try Fofana or Amarty in there and if not then Hamza.

I actually don’t disagree with a lot of what you say I just think you go OTT. Like it’s every single post. For me Mendy is a decent back up and there were times at the start of the season where we had very good results with him as DM. But it’s good to disagree, it’s the point of the forum. I’m not saying you’re not allowed to have that opinion, simply that I don’t agree with it. X 

• Like 2

We're so spoilt with how good Ndidi is that it makes Mendy look 'bad' in some people's eyes. 

Mendy is a decent player and has come in, remained professional and played as well as he can. I don't mind him staying and being around especially in a season like this. We'd love to have a class back up to the level of Ndidi but it's just not going to happen. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Hmmm, I don't agree, sorry. He would be ideal for a side like Man City who are constantly moving the ball around, but for us he just doesn't work. He will occasionally have the odd good game, but when it is just him and Youri in midfield largely it doesn't work, what get's us by when Wilf is missing is Vardy, his pressing from the front then allows the rest of the team to press, but without Vardy we don't have that, that is when Mendy is exposed. I'm sure we will see it again tonight, especially if perez plays up front again. 

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Come on deano, come have a sit down and really tell us what Mendy did to you?

Did he steal your bird? Did you run into him on a night out and the little guy knocked you on your ass and now your embarassed? Come on, what happened?

Some of us have players we aren't fans of, but your obsession is straight up weird, you take any chance you get to slate the guy, I see any mention of Mendy and you are straight in there like John Terry and another players wife

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hmmm, I don't agree, sorry. He would be ideal for a side like Man City who are constantly moving the ball around, but for us he just doesn't work. He will occasionally have the odd good game, but when it is just him and Youri in midfield largely it doesn't work, what get's us by when Wilf is missing is Vardy, his pressing from the front then allows the rest of the team to press, but without Vardy we don't have that, that is when Mendy is exposed. I'm sure we will see it again tonight, especially if perez plays up front again. 

I was going to attempt humour, but I won't - our game is tomorrow night fyi.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Stats don’t lie.

Well they do if you just blatantly pick a time line which doesn’t give the full picture. 

To add as well, it’s pretty clear Wilf is so much more better than Mendy but when Wilf is injured, what’s your other suggested option? That’s the really point here - no one is demanding Mendy is in any way shape or form better than Wilf 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kasper.

Ricky Evans Cags JJ.

Mendy.

Maddison Youri Albrighton.

Under Barnes 

Edited by GorlestonFox

31 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Cags

Evans

Justin

Tielemans

Mendy

Under

Maddison
Barnes

Iheanacho

Subs: Perez, Albrighton, Fuchs, Ward, Nelson, Hamza and Thomas

Think it’s got to be this.

Although I support dropping Perez, my worry is that Iheanacho is no better really.

3 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Think it’s got to be this.

Although I support dropping Perez, my worry is that Iheanacho is no better really.

Play under at 9... to push the centre backs back and create space for madders and youri

Edited by foxinsocks

There has to be a couple of youngsters on the bench, or we go with less than 9. I think we had every fit senior player on the bench on Sunday and now we've lost 2 more. The lads missing from last night's under 23 game will be making up the numbers. Another sign that Tavares has very little chance of being given an opportunity.

Edited by RowlattsFox