Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

On paper we still have a squad full of so much quality we should be able to beat Fulham.

I won't say it will be easy because we don't know how determined Fulham will be to battle us.

My worry is the chopping and changing of players add to that different formations causes havoc!

Just when performances and results were going good for us we trip up. This must be the 3rd time this season.

we just can't catch a good break and take advantage of our league table position. Hate having to watch our

rivals play hoping they trip up lol. I really want us to stay in the top 4 this season. COYF :chant:

Just need to get 3 points here and make it through 90 minutes without anymore injuries. Hopefully by the weekend Ndidi, Castange and Vardy will all be back involved with the match day squad and we’ll be looking a much stronger outfit. 

I think Iheanacho deserves a start, got absolutely zero faith in him though, it’s ridiculous how we’ve got to this point with our attacking options. 

Easiest game of Fulham’s season. 2-0 Fulham. ‘Leicester bottling top 4 again’. In reality we havnt got Vardy , Ndidi and now Fofana.

This will go down as the most disappointing season ever, as we are good enough to get top 4 and win a trophy and make it a fantastic season, but unfortunately we have a bottom half back up options.

All relies on Tielemens tomorrow. Plays every single game, every single minute and expected to create wins all alone.

I’ll be absolutely gobsmacked if we win. It’s not going to happen.

25 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Easiest game of Fulham’s season. 2-0 Fulham. ‘Leicester bottling top 4 again’. In reality we havnt got Vardy , Ndidi and now Fofana.

This will go down as the most disappointing season ever, as we are good enough to get top 4 and win a trophy and make it a fantastic season, but unfortunately we have a bottom half back up options.

All relies on Tielemens tomorrow. Plays every single game, every single minute and expected to create wins all alone.

I’ll be absolutely gobsmacked if we win. It’s not going to happen.

Thanks for your positivity.

Before Leeds we were 9 games unbeaten in all competitions, now all of a sudden we're useless?

It will be tough to win at Fulham but we can win if we play like we did at Everton (2 points dropped IMO).

Vardy and Ndidi back soon hopefully and we can stay up there challenging for top 3 or 4.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 2

Fulham certainly won't role over. I think they've proven that this season. However the negativity is shocking. We had a little wobble against Leeds but we have been in very good form and I thoroughly anticipate a reassuring win so everyone can do another 180 and be talking up the title again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Before Leeds we were 9 games unbeaten in all competitions, now all of a sudden we're useless?

It will be tough to win at Fulham but we can win if we play like we did at Everton (2 points dropped IMO).

Vardy and Ndidi back soon hopefully and we can stay up there challenging for top 3 or 4.

He he thanks for your positivity we will score 3 Barnes Maddison and youri. They will get none 

34 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

That’s the thing ‘were’ unbeaten, with our best team..It wasn’t no reason it was obvious why and obvious why it’s changed.
So yeah now all of a sudden we will be useless for 10 days or so(whenever Wilf is back in).

It’s quite clear Wilf is a huge miss and Mendy is the problem.

Lets go back to the international break. Top of the league.

We play Liverpool - lose, battered. Mendy in no Ndidi. Must be because of Liverpool’s quality?

We play Fulham - lose battered. Mendy in no Ndidi. Must be because of Fulham’s quality? 🤦‍♂️.

Same old sh*t.

We then play bottom of the table Sheffield Utd - struggling to a 1-1. Strange pattern this!! Oh now Wilf replaces Mendy. Manage to turn it around to a win! Hmmm.

Phew..we will be much better now..

AEK Athens - 2-0 most 1 sided convincing wins for a long time. Strange? Just a poor Athens team? No Wilf is back.

Next Brighton - 3-0 most convincing win you’ll ever see. 2nd half a non event. Notice a pattern yet?

Now onto Everton another win now we’re back in the grove. Oh no Mendy is back in and Wilf at CB.. will be different again now. 0-2 loss. Run over in the middle, poor.

Same old sh*t!  ‘Why are we so inconsistent?’ I wonder 🥱.

Onto Spurs away. Their top of the table. Tough.

Oh we have Wilf back in and Mendy out. Strong!

2-0 win - fantastic, dominant. Starting to see a pattern here I think.

Now a strong on form Man U team - 2-2 good point. Good performance. The pattern continues.

Onto Palace away - we are looking good. Oh Brendan rests Wilf and Mendy is back in. Sigh. Oh another game we for some reason don’t win. 4 points vs 2 top teams and then drop points to a team battered 7-0 the week before. Starting to seem more and more conclusive.

Onto Newcastle away, must win! Wilf back in for Mendy, perfect. Very confident now - 2-1 no problem.

FA cup Stoke away - strong team! 4-0 no problem.

Southampton, same team again. Southampton strong at the time but no problem. Really looking good currently.

Now Chelsea roll into town. Again same team. Very confident. Dominant and another manager in the bin. Top of the league, we are a very good team.

Everything going so well, so obvious why.

Everton away - title push? Oh no big injury to Wilf. Little Mendy on again. Struggle on the cards.

Everton weak in the middle but not In control as we have been for some reason in a 9 game unbeaten run.

Pickford bails us out but we don’t seem to flow as much..why I wonder.

Now Leeds at home - were 3rd there 12th easy win right? ‘Can we win the title!?’ Silly time to ask that when this pattern is so obvious and we havnt got the tools now. Mendy in again, will the obvious pattern continue? Surely not.

Leeds 3-1 and run us over. Very very strange, just a ‘bad day at the office’ right?

Its beginning to look a bit like a GCSE maths test where you have to spot the pattern and predict the next outcome:

1 4 7 10 ___ ? Answer: 13 maybe?

Win(Wilf), win(Wilf), win(Wilf), lose(___) ? Mendy?

So yeah forgive me if I’m a bit pessimistic about Fulham 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t understand the negativity towards Mendy & a few others. He was excellent during his run in the side & was rightly praised virtually every game, suddenly he’s Championship standard !

Some of your bosses are so lucky that you are so great at your jobs & never make mistakes !

Sunday was disappointing, we are having a great season even so. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Let’s not turn into entitled Arsenal fans. 
2-1 win tomorrow. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I wonder how many times he will touch the ball this time

Looked like he had a decent first touch. 

Maybe we can sign him as a free agent and play him up front? Added plus would be that at least he'd understand the offside rule...

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think he just likes the pleasure of people responding to him. I hope he’s ok. X

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s the thing ‘were’ unbeaten, with our best team..It wasn’t no reason it was obvious why and obvious why it’s changed.
So yeah now all of a sudden we will be useless for 10 days or so(whenever Wilf is back in).

It’s quite clear Wilf is a huge miss and Mendy is the problem.

Lets go back to the international break. Top of the league.

We play Liverpool - lose, battered. Mendy in no Ndidi. Must be because of Liverpool’s quality?

We play Fulham - lose battered. Mendy in no Ndidi. Must be because of Fulham’s quality? 🤦‍♂️.

Same old sh*t.

We then play bottom of the table Sheffield Utd - struggling to a 1-1. Strange pattern this!! Oh now Wilf replaces Mendy. Manage to turn it around to a win! Hmmm.

Phew..we will be much better now..

AEK Athens - 2-0 most 1 sided convincing wins for a long time. Strange? Just a poor Athens team? No Wilf is back.

Next Brighton - 3-0 most convincing win you’ll ever see. 2nd half a non event. Notice a pattern yet?

Now onto Everton another win now we’re back in the grove. Oh no Mendy is back in and Wilf at CB.. will be different again now. 0-2 loss. Run over in the middle, poor.

Same old sh*t!  ‘Why are we so inconsistent?’ I wonder 🥱.

Onto Spurs away. Their top of the table. Tough.

Oh we have Wilf back in and Mendy out. Strong!

2-0 win - fantastic, dominant. Starting to see a pattern here I think.

Now a strong on form Man U team - 2-2 good point. Good performance. The pattern continues.

Onto Palace away - we are looking good. Oh Brendan rests Wilf and Mendy is back in. Sigh. Oh another game we for some reason don’t win. 4 points vs 2 top teams and then drop points to a team battered 7-0 the week before. Starting to seem more and more conclusive.

Onto Newcastle away, must win! Wilf back in for Mendy, perfect. Very confident now - 2-1 no problem.

FA cup Stoke away - strong team! 4-0 no problem.

Southampton, same team again. Southampton strong at the time but no problem. Really looking good currently.

Now Chelsea roll into town. Again same team. Very confident. Dominant and another manager in the bin. Top of the league, we are a very good team.

Everything going so well, so obvious why.

Everton away - title push? Oh no big injury to Wilf. Little Mendy on again. Struggle on the cards.

Everton weak in the middle but not In control as we have been for some reason in a 9 game unbeaten run.

Pickford bails us out but we don’t seem to flow as much..why I wonder.

Now Leeds at home - were 3rd there 12th easy win right? ‘Can we win the title!?’ Silly time to ask that when this pattern is so obvious and we havnt got the tools now. Mendy in again, will the obvious pattern continue? Surely not.

Leeds 3-1 and run us over. Very very strange, just a ‘bad day at the office’ right?

Its beginning to look a bit like a GCSE maths test where you have to spot the pattern and predict the next outcome:

1 4 7 10 ___ ? Answer: 13 maybe?

Win(Wilf), win(Wilf), win(Wilf), lose(___) ? Mendy?

So yeah forgive me if I’m a bit pessimistic about Fulham 🙄

You ok hun? X 

• Haha 1

There has been a lot negativity around in the last couple days, defeat on Sunday, more injuries and not signing anyone. Probably an overreaction but we really need a win here just to settle everyone down. Hopefully the panic is only on here and not in the dressing room.

• Like 2