Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Cags JJ

Barnes Mendy Tielemans Under

Maddison

Kelechi

Why have Barnes and Under moved to opposite sides to normal? But yeah, like it

It feels frustrating winning against Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton for us to then go and drop points to a team like Fulham. Leeds I can just about take. But at the end of the season these are the games the team (and the fans) will be kicking themselves about losing. Ideally we want to pick up points from both the games (Fulham, Wolves) we have before hitting Liverpool. If we can make that a six pointer it'll be how we cement our position before we start playing European midweek games again. So yeah Fulham is a must win. 

Play Nacho from the start. I'm tired of the Perez bashing (even if he sometimes deserves it). Play Nacho, give him 90 minutes to prove me wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Simply have to win this. Some difficult games ahead short term, 3 points would be huge here after Sunday 

Absolutely this. Nothing but a win will do if we are to have any serious chance of top 4. I know everyone is dropping points left right and centre but we need 3 points from this game. Not sure we will get them though with the number of important players we have out injured yet again.

Sort of game we will lose to a late winner probably 1-0. I don’t think Rodgers trusts Under so I guess Albrighton plays as additional Rodgers insurance policy. I’m hoping Ricky and JJ can be effective in an attacking sense. 

45 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Kasper

Ricardo JJ Evans Cags Thomas

Albrighton Mendy Youri Barnes

Perez

Please no ^

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Cags Justin

Mendy Youri

Under Maddison Barnes

Kelechi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Injuries coming back and really do now threaten to ruin the season again. No doubt things would have been different end of last season if we’d have kept all players fit. Tomorrow with no Fofana Castagne Ndidi Praet and Vardy means bare bones on the bench and if the starting 11 don’t gel not much at all to come in and change the game. With Wes out too expect 2 or 3 u23s on bench on weds, potentially why not playing this evening.

starting xi-: kasper riccy p soyuncu Evans Justin Mendy tielemans Barnes Maddison Albrighton Iheanacho 

subs Ward Amartey Thomas Fuchs Choudhury under perez leshabela and ? 

Edited by Cropwellfox

9 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Injuries coming back and really do now threaten to ruin the season again. No doubt things would have been different end of last season if we’d have kept all players fit. Tomorrow with no Fofana Castagne Ndidi Praet and Vardy means bare bones on the bench and if the starting 11 don’t gel not much at all to come in and change the game. With Wes out too expect 2 or 3 u23s on bench on weds, potentially why not playing this evening.

starting xi-: kasper riccy p soyuncu Evans Justin Mendy tielemans Barnes Maddison Albrighton Iheanacho 

subs Ward Amartey Thomas Fuchs Choudhury under perez leshabela and ? 

Jakupovic 

On 31/01/2021 at 20:45, filbertway said:

That's fair, I think I'd tend to agree on those points. Whoever is playing up front needs to be playing higher up the pitch so Maddison can do his work in between midfield and attack. If your striker is coming deep constantly then your number 10 becomes useless. 

I think from the past few games, Kel probably deserves a crack, with Barnes and Under on the wings. I still think Kelechi is a quality finisher and could prove useful for us.

You are right. Rogers is set against Kelechi. Even if he starts, plays well and scores, Brendan will still sub him ( Villa away, last season). Kelechi has been treated in a manner that couldn't have been better designed to ruin his confidence. OK; Kelechi is the most one-footed player since Long John Silver (he can't even toe-poke the ball with his right) but he offers a physical presence, the ability to beat his man, and a goal threat. Having said that, Rogers pressed for Perez to be signed. Expect Brendan, LCFC's answer to Tammy Wynette, to stand by his man.