Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

Fulham have 4 days rest before the game, us 3, so it makes sense to freshen the line up as much as we can. Thus starts for Ricky, Cengo, Kelechi and Caglar. Rest Ayoze, Albo, Jonny and Timmy, who I guess is injured anyway. 

This would be a wonderful moment to have your best game in a Leicester shirt Kelechi old son

• Like 1

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

So, play 2 complete duffers in the team instead of one?

I can see the headlines now, 'Leicester's Dual Duffers Deliver Double Damage in another Disastrous Defeat'

I think I prefer the Barnes, Iheanacho, Under option personally. In fact I'd be open to most line ups distinctly devoid of Perez. 

I think he might be better playing in a two but I don’t rate either of them to be fair. Under is good but he’s not a defensive as Albrighton that’s why he doesn’t start. 

I'd like to see Barnes and Under in the same starting 11, playing in inverted wide roles like Salah/Mané to replace the pace we lack up top when Vardy is out. 

Both Perez and Kelechi are better suited in a more withdrawn role anyway. Not sure who I'd pick out of the two.

Maybe play Maddison there and have a midfield 3 of Mendy, Tielemans and Choudhury. 

A more workmanlike midfield could pave the way for a front 3 of Maddison, Barnes and Ünder.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KingKoala said:

Also personally, 3 at the back will not work as we have seen time and time this season.

And neither did the back four as we saw time and time the second half of last season. The system is dependent upon the opposition - we've seen significant away success deploying the 3/5 (whatever you want to call it). Regardless, a back four is Brendan's preferred option. The key issue is that we are lacking arguably the best DM in the league...again. 

We need to maximise the attacking partnerships and one of the most promising I've seen this season is Thomas and Barnes. Ünder and Ricardo together has the hallmarks of being pretty devastating too and Justin could do with a breather anyway.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu 

Evans

Thomas

Mendy

Ünder

Tielemans 

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need to maximise the attacking partnerships and one of the most promising I've seen this season is Thomas and Barnes. Ünder and Ricardo together has the hallmarks of being pretty devastating too and Justin could do with a breather anyway.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu 

Evans

Thomas

Mendy

Ünder

Tielemans 

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Only issue with this is when Nacho and Under played together in Europa, they both tried to occupy the same spaces with the ball. Under would cut in and end up running into Nacho

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Only issue with this is when Nacho and Under played together in Europa, they both tried to occupy the same spaces with the ball. Under would cut in and end up running into Nacho

Yeah, Iheanacho had a poor game vs AEK when Ünder and Barnes were electrifying. The only saving grace was Iheanacho didn't drop anywhere near as deep as Perez does and created a bit more space between midfield and attack for Barnes and Ünder to get on the ball.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, Iheanacho had a poor game vs AEK when Ünder and Barnes were electrifying. The only saving grace was Iheanacho didn't drop anywhere near as deep as Perez does and created a bit more space between midfield and attack for Barnes and Ünder to get on the ball.

I'd be hopeful it's something we've worked on in training and they all know where to run. 

Guest Hansifüx

Kasper

Evans          

Fofana                            Soy

Tielemans           Mendy     

JJ                                                            Thomas     

Maddison

Under                           Barnes

On 31/01/2021 at 16:51, winteriscoming said:

Kasper 

Fofana  Evans Soyuncu 

Ricardo                             Justin  

Mendy  Tielmans 

Maddison 

Under         Barnes 

Can’t start with Perez after today. Mix the 3 forward players as who plays the central role. 

Kasper 

Fofana  Evans Soyuncu 

Ricardo                             Justin  

Mendy  Tielmans 

Maddison 

Under         Amartey 

👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I just want the Ünder unleashed and shithouse a win like they shithoused us. That was such an annoying loss, The pen Fuchs conceded was so dumb and soft.

Be careful Fuchs might yet be playing given the squad is gradually being skittled through injury.