Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

45 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We will keep being run over and dropping points how we are. What part of that can’t you understand?

So based on that if we play Fofana at CDM we'll never drop any more points this season? Okay then mate. 

Having seen some of the posts you've made this weekend, I will just conclude that you're fvcking braindead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

True. I get the sense that Brendan is trying to keep Cags happy by giving him regular game time, even though he's not starting.

Personally think it’s time he came back with Evans at cb. I think he’s better than fofana. He’s been good but does give away the ball and positioning isn’t always the best. 

27 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Fofana was one of our better players today, would hate to see him be dropped over a result that wasnt his fault, i think Evans should be the one to make way for soyuncu.

Problem is I think playing 2 centre backs in Cags and Fofana who enjoy stepping out with the ball could be asking for trouble with how high a line we like to play

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

So based on that if we play Fofana at CDM we'll never drop any more points this season? Okay then mate. 

To be fair he is in similar stature to Ndidi and is very comfortable in possession, is also our best defender playing forward passes from the back. I'd rather play him at DM than drop him just to get Soyuncu back in. I'd also rather play him DM to avoid changing to a back five to protect Mendy.

• Like 2

1 Kasper

2 Ricardo 

3. Soyuncu

4. Little Wes

5. Justin

6. Mendy

7. Tielemans 

8 Under

9 Barnes

10 Maddison 

11 Nacho

A team with a lot of pace and I would tell Nacho to get further forward, he’s a good finisher thats never been in doubt,  no point in asking him to play deep so we need to get the midfield and wingers on the front foot and supply him, I think this is our best team that’s available 

Tempted to shake it up

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans/ Soyuncu

Fofana

Justin

Choudhury

Tielemans

Under

Maddison

Albrighton

Barnes

Two things that we lacked today were bite and cover in the midfield and pace and movement up front. This could be a temporary solution.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Problem is I think playing 2 centre backs in Cags and Fofana who enjoy stepping out with the ball could be asking for trouble with how high a line we like to play

As it is we're having the issue of getting caught out when soyuncu/fofana step out of the defensive line even with evans as part of the centreback partnership. Soyuncu and fofana are clearly two very intelligent centrebacks, my hope is that due to their similar playstyle they might be able to read each other better than evans does, and also their pace might be better suited to covering for the other's agression.  We'll only know once we try it out.

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

How do you know? From what I've seen most are saying it is worth a try, no one is saying its the solution merely an idea

Obviously no-one knows but it's not a risk worth taking playing a player like Under well out of position and away from where his strengths lie.

Can you imagine the hounding Rodgers would get if he stuck Under there and this experiment failed? I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, the reaction wouldn't be 'ah, it was worth a go, we tried it'. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Obviously no-one knows but it's not a risk worth taking playing a player like Under well out of position and away from where his strengths lie.

Can you imagine the hounding Rodgers would get if he stuck Under there and this experiment failed? I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, the reaction wouldn't be 'ah, it was worth a go, we tried it'. 

I'm pretty sure BR would try it out in Trg before he put Under in that position for a Prem league match, who knows he may have tried it already, and decided it doesn't work. 

3 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I'm pretty sure BR would try it out in Trg before he put Under in that position for a Prem league match, who knows he may have tried it already, and decided it doesn't work. 

I bet he hasn't lol 

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't be any worse than sticking with something that clearly isn't working. Under's skillset seems more suited to playing the 9 role than Perez, that's for sure

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does it?

I'd say so, he's got pace so can get in behind, which will allow Maddison some space higher up the pitch. He looks a lot sharper on the ball and in front of goal than Perez does to me. 

What do you think the pro's of Perez over Under in the number 9 position are? 

I've been really impressed by Fulham over recent months. They're solid at the back, have some talented midfielders and Lookman is real quality on the wing. They just lack a mobile quick centre forward - in the system they play, Mitrovic just doesn't fit, so they've basically been playing a winger up front. This will be a tough, tight game and I'm really not at all confident of our chances without Vardy and Ndidi. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd say so, he's got pace so can get in behind, which will allow Maddison some space higher up the pitch. He looks a lot sharper on the ball and in front of goal than Perez does to me. 

What do you think the pro's of Perez over Under in the number 9 position are? 

It's more the fact that Under's qualities mean he is much better on the wing and far more accommodating for how Rodgers likes his wide forwards to be (look at Barnes on the right). 

The inverted-winger position. Pacy, skilful and likes to cut in on their stronger foot.

Under just isn't a centre-forward as a 9 or a 10. As the post above says, not sure Under can hold the ball like we'd want him to, I don't think he'll take up the right positions centrally. 

I can't envisage him making the 'intelligent' runs centrally as opposed to how he would on the wing. He'd be up against big centre-backs and we've not really seen much of Under in the air and with no disrespect to him, I doubt he's great in the air given his small stature and height.