Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Fulham 0-2 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Love it mate. Nice to see. I love how in a matter of seconds it goes from being calm, relaxed, controlled passing in to speed and precision and before you know it our left back has the ball in the 6 yard box!

It's why I don't mind our patient style of play. Suits our players and they are all moving off the ball waiting for that one particular moment to break and move up a gear. 

Well this is almost a textbook example of how that style of play can work. The sideways precision passing is done to drag the opposition out of positions to make space in behind / between the lines. But as you say the way you get that style to work is all about the change from slow to quick passing to catch the opponent unawares. Ihenacho's turn in this move, as well as his pass is first class, that's what really opens it up, but Maddison is magnificent and just watch the engine on James Justin as he steams down that flank searching for a goal!

All round an incredible team move. Unbelievable really to see a Leicester team play this way, you can't really ask for anything more. Can't have anything other than massive respect and admiration for the coaching team to teach how to play like that. That's hours and hours on the training ground practicing patterns of play, working together, etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Not sure what angle your comment is meant but thanks for the share.

As a piece of prose I thought that was superbly written! I love seeing football from other fans perspective and most of that piece made me chuckle and commiserate at the same time.

• Like 4

Solid performance and great to get a win after Sunday.

BR deserves credit for how he has handled the squad especially during transfer window. Admits Hamza could go out on loan, keeps him, picks him, and gives him the confidence to go on and perform like that. Likewise tells the whole world we are in for a striker in the summer and Kel puts in that shift. Clever.

Thought Perez did great too. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I personally think he has a big role to play here 

• Like 1

Really good to bounce back like that after Leeds. Without so many key players it was a top class professional job. Maybe not the most dynamic display but right now it is all about results, conserving as much energy as possible and avoiding as many injuries as possible.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401
28 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Blimey, how many Leicester's are there? Do we have a rival? 

Scott's been on a course.  He's referring to Leicester City Women :ph34r:

Guest bss9401
3 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Until they have an average game.

Then we can get back to slating them and wanting them out of the club again.

If they keep their rejuvenated energy until the end of the season then they'll get none from me.

I've been frustrated by them recently but rather than wanting them out it was about having them put a shift, which they did very well last night. Kelechi was running on fumes at the end.

Smichael 8 brilliant save just before h/t and no dodgy passes.

Peiera 7.5 considering his recent injury and not much play time, solid, great to see him back!

Evans 7.4 why he isn't captain is beyond me.

Soyuncu 7.2 almost scored never troubled

Justin 8.5 what a run for the second goal and took it so carefully and with skill, and playing out of position. Got caught out but that look first half towards Choudhury not backing him up explained why. Player of the season so far. MAN OF THE MATCH!!!

Tielamans 7.3 worked hard albeit Fulham

Choudhury 6 he was only put in because it was Fulham, which shows you what Rodgers thinks of him, he was out of position too often and doesn't have the concentration for that position.

Perez 7.2 had some good spells, worked hard

Maddison 7.7 this is clearly his position for us, he's not a CM, he's an attacking midfielder, excellent cross for the first goal

Barney 7.5 excellent runs and almost scored

Heanacho 6.7 good header, but in all honesty, Keen should've got a head on Maddisons cross. Excellent twist n turn on the halfway line and I'm going to be very cru el on him and say, that and the goal wasn't him being a great footballer. 2 years playing for a Stoke or Coventry would help him in his process to becoming a better player.

Rodgers 7.6 took a gamble playing Choudhury and Heanacho, but in hindsight he was right to do so as we're having a shortened calendar season but with more games, he has no choice but to play championship standard players in these games.

• Haha 4

I missed the game, when i checked to see what time it started it was just finishing.

Got to be good to have Ricardo back, he is one top class player. Even though results have been good this season i think his loss then compounded with Wilfs injury was largely what did it for us in the second half of last season. Imagine if we could get fit a team comprising a defence and midfield with Ricardo, little Wes, Soyu, that boy James, enforcer Wilf, classy Tielemans, a charging Timmy and sometimes classy Maddison. Almost good enough to drool over.

17 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Great performance and in game management from Rodgers. My only concern is that we look dodgy from set pieces and corners. Also there seems sides are playing diagonal balls from 1 side to the other which we’re getting found out on. Happened against Leeds and looks like Fulham did the same. 

...has been going on for sometime now!!!

Villa early season and Everton comes to mind. We struggle to deal with this type of play.

6 hours ago, reynard said:

Really good to bounce back like that after Leeds. Without so many key players it was a top class professional job. Maybe not the most dynamic display but right now it is all about results, conserving as much energy as possible and avoiding as many injuries as possible.

...do you feel we are more pragmatic when we haven’t got the personnel available!!!

I get the impression that more thought goes into our set up and the players are instructed for certain purposes. 

I think with a full squad we would go toe to toe with Man. City as opposed to playing them on the counter with a "low block".

There are different ways of approaching the game as there are teams with different styles of play, I am not sure if we look at our games in this way.