Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

28 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’d start with same 11 as last night.

Choudhury for physicality/speed and Perez & Nacho deserve to keep their places.

If Vardy and Ndidi are fit it would be a boost for them to be on the bench but wouldn’t rush them back as need to keep them fit from this point forward 

The same with the exception of either Under or Albrighton on the right instead of Perez. Albrighton possibly the more defensive option, Under the more attacking. Perez is neither on the right and has never really been a success there.

Last night was an assured and professional performance. The result was far more important than the performance last night. Wolves is a different proposition but I would keep it unchanged with perhaps Thomas for Ricky P if we want to make sure we don't overwork him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’d start with same 11 as last night.

Choudhury for physicality/speed and Perez & Nacho deserve to keep their places.

If Vardy and Ndidi are fit it would be a boost for them to be on the bench but wouldn’t rush them back as need to keep them fit from this point forward 

I was thinking exactly the same, no need to rush Vardy and Ndidi, give Nacho and Choudary a boost by givin them another start, if both Wolves and Brighton play the stubborn resolute way, i'd expect of them, there is a good chance both games could be 0-0 at HT, bring them both on at 60 mins in both games, an start them both at Liverpool.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It was pretty horrible, I really saw little benefit in us doing that but based on conversations I've had with many friends im not allowed to question in game decisions if we win.

I'm pretty sure we conceed as many if not more goals when we go five at the back, I'd like to see us keep starting Iheanacho and bring Vardy off the bench if needed. It would benefit both strikers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

Baffled to hear Ian Stringer saying Hamza was world class last night 

I thought it was average performance from him

‘World class’ was a bit over the top if he said that? However I do not understand the criticism of him on here, as if people want a local lad to fail.

He was very good and has that bit of bite we need without Wilf.

If Wilf isn’t 100% fit then I’d rather not rush him back and play 1 more game with Hamza.

Id go the exact same 11 as vs Fulham, we played really well for 60 minutes and deserved to be 2-0 or more up.

Wolves will be trickier than Fulham but we have a good balance with Tielemens and Hamza in the middle and Nacho is far better up top than Perez.

Same as vs Fulham for me, the only decision is whether to bring Marc or Under In or to stick with Perez for the RW spot. I’d stick with Perez  personally.

Bring on Under if we’re chasing the game, bring on Marc if we’re in control or drawing.

Edited by deanolegend1989

Assuming Ndidi won't start then I'd start Mendy over Hamza. I think it might be a cagey game so Mendy's better distribution and composure would suit it more. Wolves haven't got dynamic central midfielders, so less chance of Mendy getting exposed going backwards as he does against more high octane opposition.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I was thinking exactly the same, no need to rush Vardy and Ndidi, give Nacho and Choudary a boost by givin them another start, if both Wolves and Brighton play the stubborn resolute way, i'd expect of them, there is a good chance both games could be 0-0 at HT, bring them both on at 60 mins in both games, an start them both at Liverpool.

their a funny team beat arsenal twice, 4 points of chelsea yet were awful at palace

their basically like a sporting lisbon x1 planted in the west midlands.Their niggly and competitive but their coach is a decent bloke

I expect both teams to pretty much with the same 11's except I think they might go with Hoever for Kilman.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, martyn said:

Assuming Ndidi won't start then I'd start Mendy over Hamza. I think it might be a cagey game so Mendy's better distribution and composure would suit it more. Wolves haven't got dynamic central midfielders, so less chance of Mendy getting exposed going backwards as he does against more high octane opposition.

No chance. We’ve shown we’re better with Hamza.

Last 3 times we played Mendy in 433:

Leeds home(lost), Everton home(lost), Villa home(lost).

Brendan knows that now and that’s why always goes 5 atb to compensate for him,

5 atb is awful and we lack any creativity in that formation, anyone can see our players work better in a 433.

We were shocking vs Fulham for the last 30 but in games like that it don’t really matter because the game is won. Different starting that way, just playing into Wolves hands.

Wolves have lost Jota and have Jiminez out, they are a lot less of a threat up top so 5 atb just invites unnecessary pressure.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, happy85 said:

Baffled to hear Ian Stringer saying Hamza was world class last night 

I thought it was average performance from him

somewhere in between those two levels is what I thought, he wasn't world class, but compare every player, to the level you have seen from them before, an for my money, that was a very good display from Hamza, did you see that first half, 60 yard cross field pass from Hamza? didn't even think he had that in his locker! also how he won the ball back for the first goal to pass to Maddison was very good.

Edited by Beachyboy

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

No chance. We’ve shown we’re better with Hamza.

Last 3 times we played Mendy in 433:

Leeds home(lost), Everton home(lost), Villa home(lost).

Brendan knows that now and that’s why always goes 5 atb to compensate for him,

5 atb is awful and we lack any creativity in that formation, anyone can see our players work better in a 433.

We were shocking vs Fulham for the last 30 but in games like that it don’t really matter because the game is won. Different starting that way, just playing into Wolves hands.

Wolves have lost Jota and have Jiminez out, they are a lot less of a threat up top so 5 atb just invites unnecessary pressure.

Leeds and Villa, 2 dynamic teams. Everton - Schmeichel mistake and set piece goal.

Against a Wolves side who don't really commit bodies forward, Mendy can do a job. As I've constantly said, i don't rate him in a 4 against teams who can turn you round quickly, but that's not how Wolves operate at the moment. This might be a game to look after the ball better a la 2nd half v Everton away.

9 minutes ago, martyn said:

Leeds and Villa, 2 dynamic teams. Everton - Schmeichel mistake and set piece goal.

Against a Wolves side who don't really commit bodies forward, Mendy can do a job. As I've constantly said, i don't rate him in a 4 against teams who can turn you round quickly, but that's not how Wolves operate at the moment. This might be a game to look after the ball better a la 2nd half v Everton away.

I understand your point. However our whole team works better in a 433. I don’t want to ever see 5 atb again.

As said, Fulham away 2-0 up, I guess it’s understandable? 🙄. But my god we were so comfortable and then it gave them a chance and they would of gave us a sweat had it not been for fantastic Justin stopping Ried.

I hate 5 atb , it doesn’t suit any of our squads strengths.

So with 433 we need some physicality in there. I understand Wolves have less dynamic midfielders than the likes of Leeds and Villa but West Ham had Rice and Soycek and Liverpool had Kieta and Curtis Jones and still ran us over.

Anguissa who ran us over at the KP was suddenly non existent yesterday, as was box to box midfielder Loftus Cheek.

Hamza is just much better than Mendy and fits a lot better with the skill sets of Youri and Madders.

Id trust Hamza to fill the Wilf sized hole short term and thought he was brilliant last night and that’s really promising.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree that nothing happened that was interesting, but being 2 up at a toothless team was the opportunity to shut up shop without alarm, and that was done. 

Yeah I understand the good sense in closing down a game but the match thread discussions were more exciting than the football. Pondering whether a bad female commentator should be attacked for being a woman and if we should ban transexuals from commentating on football, especially if they’ve not played football, was more invigorating. At one point a new user registered in order to criticise Under’s exclusion, and for the first time in 35 minutes I felt alive. I spent a substantial amount of time wondering if StanSP was on a better broadband connection than most and if BT have an unfair advantage over other providers due to the city’s underground wiring.

I really hate to be a deanolegend apologist but I wonder if Hamza’s physicality and height is more important than Mendy’s technical ability. It’s fairly clear that Tielemans is the team’s brain and when he’s having an off game or out muscled we suffer and lose, and despite Mendy’s qualities he can’t protect Tielemans like Ndidi can. I worry about Hamza not being given the benefit of the doubt, and being targeted by other teams, and becoming tired and mistiming a challenge, but if you want a midfield protector then there’s a good argument for using a back four with Hamza letting Tielemans direct our game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah I understand the good sense in closing down a game but the match thread discussions were more exciting than the football. Pondering whether a bad female commentator should be attacked for being a woman and if we should ban transexuals from commentating on football, especially if they’ve not played football, was more invigorating. At one point a new user registered in order to criticise Under’s exclusion, and for the first time in 35 minutes I felt alive. I spent a substantial amount of time wondering if StanSP was on a better broadband connection than most and if BT have an unfair advantage over other providers due to the city’s underground wiring.

I really hate to be a deanolegend apologist but I wonder if Hamza’s physicality and height is more important than Mendy’s technical ability. It’s fairly clear that Tielemans is the team’s brain and when he’s having an off game or out muscled we suffer and lose, and despite Mendy’s qualities he can’t protect Tielemans like Ndidi can. I worry about Hamza not being given the benefit of the doubt, and being targeted by other teams, and becoming tired and mistiming a challenge, but if you want a midfield protector then there’s a good argument for using a back four with Hamza letting Tielemans direct our game.

2nd paragraph, yes, totally get that. The 1st I'll leave be.

• Haha 1