Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

I reckon Ndidi and Vardy will both be involved, Ndidi to start and Vardy on the bench would be my complete guess. Having them both place a part will be massive.

God knows on the formation, I just hope they don't manage to score the couple of free headers from set pieces we'll no doubt give them. Without Jimenez they don't look anywhere near as threatening, just gotta keep Neto quiet and not allow Traore the space to run at us.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I reckon Ndidi and Vardy will both be involved, Ndidi to start and Vardy on the bench would be my complete guess. Having them both place a part will be massive.

God knows on the formation, I just hope they don't manage to score the couple of free headers from set pieces we'll no doubt give them. Without Jimenez they don't look anywhere near as threatening, just gotta keep Neto quiet and not allow Traore the space to run at us.

And not give away needless corners.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Hoping the end to the Fulham match with the back five wasn’t in preparation for Wolves

Highly doubt it. Common practice from Rodgers to switch to/from a back 5. Our record when leading games this year speaks for itself, Rodgers and the lads know exactly how to see out games. To be honest, we’ve only really used the 5 due to lack of personnel or to shore up central areas when defending a lead. It’s not Brendan’s go to.

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

And we're off..........

How did you know?.. yes it's me incodnito.

Feel like you have peaked too soon with that one

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Vards on the bench for this 

I’d keep wilf back for brighton second half 

same starting line up  as last night but Marc for ayoze 

and hopefully Harvey remembers he is playing on Sunday cos he wasn’t really with it yesterday.....

I wonder whether he needs a rest. It would be possible by putting Albrighton on the left (his old position) and Under on the right, though I doubt Rodgers would do this.

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So long as we don't rush Wilf back too quickly, as we have in the past.

Wasn't Ndidi's injury more precautionary as it was? Sure I remember Brendan saying he'd not torn anything just that he felt it tightening up.

We've been poor for a while but that win against Arsenal should give us a bit of confidence back. 

Hopefully VARdy misses this one from our perspective. 

I have no idea if he'll stick with a back four or go back to a three. Hopefully the former as it allows us to get more men in attack. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

Not checked the stats but seems like we have a fair few drab stalemates with this Wolves sides in recent seasons and I wouldn't be surprised to see another here. I don't think we'll risk Vardy and Ndidi from the start, Wilf to start and Vardy on the bench. Iheanacho up front, and he will probably bring in Albrighton in for Perez.