Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Wolves (A) Pre Match Thread

27 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We've been poor for a while but that win against Arsenal should give us a bit of confidence back. 

Hopefully VARdy misses this one from our perspective. 

I have no idea if he'll stick with a back four or go back to a three. Hopefully the former as it allows us to get more men in attack. 

Sorry, what are you implying here?

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Wasn't Ndidi's injury more precautionary as it was? Sure I remember Brendan saying he'd not torn anything just that he felt it tightening up.

No. It was a tear. I think you're thinking of Castagne. I think Brendan said Ndidi's recovery is slightly behind Vardy. I doubt either will start. Could both be on the bench, though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Foxxed said:

Same as the first half against Fulham for me. A back five with Mendy wasn't pleasant.

I agree that nothing happened that was interesting, but being 2 up at a toothless team was the opportunity to shut up shop without alarm, and that was done. 

• Like 1

1-1 draw, which wouldn't be a bad result. Despite being not in the best form they are always a well-drilled team and tough to break down. Even in the first game despite playing really well for large chunks of the game we only ever looked like scoring from the penalty spot. But if Maddison and Tielemans turn up then we can beat anyone, and even if we only get 30 minutes of Vardy, that's enough to pose a problem for anyone.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

1-1 draw, which wouldn't be a bad result. Despite being not in the best form they are always a well-drilled team and tough to break down. Even in the first game despite playing really well for large chunks of the game we only ever looked like scoring from the penalty spot. But if Maddison and Tielemans turn up then we can beat anyone, and even if we only get 30 minutes of Vardy, that's enough to pose a problem for anyone.

If we have Wilf back, it might make the difference too. Pretty sure the whole team were blowing by the end of the home match...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

apparently it was a low grade tear which makes it all the more surprising that he’s back in training ! 

Yes, I couldn't understand that either, I presumed such thing's took several weeks to heal so as not to make them worse? Just hope that we don't risk him too soon again. I suppose they're the experts.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

If we have Wilf back, it might make the difference too. Pretty sure the whole team were blowing by the end of the home match...

Not having Praet could be an issue though. Last time round we went 343 to match their shape and didn't play Barnes, Under or Albrighton, instead having Praet, Maddison and Tielemans. And for me it worked, as Maddison and Praet drifted through the lines of their low block which they are very good at. 

Recently Wolves have shifted to a 4 at the back so it will be interesting to see if they keep that system against us. If they do, having Harvey Barnes up against Nelson Semedo is a tantalising prospect. I also think that Moutinho despite being a class player on his day these days doesn't have the legs and Tielemans will dictate the middle if they are only playing him and Neves in the middle of the park. For that reason I think they will change their system back to a 343 against us, and I could see us modify our formation during the game like we have done a few times during the season already if they do so and it's not going our way. That said 4141 with Soyuncu, Ricardo, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Ndidi can beat anyone if they turn up. 

• Like 1

I'd feel relatively confident with Vardy and Ndidi starting,  but if they do, I'll have brown pants from just watching them break into a jog.

I'd play the long game and keep them in light training until Liverpool. Recovering from tears and operations in 2 weeks sounds dangerous.

33 minutes ago, sdb said:

I'd feel relatively confident with Vardy and Ndidi starting,  but if they do, I'll have brown pants from just watching them break into a jog.

I'd play the long game and keep them in light training until Liverpool. Recovering from tears and operations in 2 weeks sounds dangerous.

I think both will start on the bench..

Same starting 11 as the Fulham game.

Barnes was very subdued last night so hoping for a big game sunday. Nice to see Riccy back doing what he does and linked up nicely with Perez. 

Big game again, they have been poor but remain a solid side on paper. Hope the players can smell this opportunity of getting a foothold in top 4.

They will have renewed confidence after their win. They have skilful players and some raw power and pace in Traore of course. A win will do whatever it takes to build on last night and keep pressure on the Manchester clubs. If Ndidi is back that would be great. Iheanacho did a job last night and if Jamie needs more time so he's fully recovered, then hope we give it. 

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

They will have renewed confidence after their win. They have skilful players and some raw power and pace in Traore of course. A win will do whatever it takes to build on last night and keep pressure on the Manchester clubs. If Ndidi is back that would be great. Iheanacho did a job last night and if Jamie needs more time so he's fully recovered, then hope we give it. 

Justin had Traore in his back pocket earlier in the season whereas Chilwell was all over the place just before lockdown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Justin had Traore in his back pocket earlier in the season whereas Chilwell was all over the place just before lockdown.

Justin has also developed physically and confidence wise. I also think he has an excellent footballing brain as evidenced by his run and goal last night. So yes, more confident there. 

• Like 1