Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

Regarding away goals does that count in ET too? If it’s 0-0 after 90 and 1-1 after 120 do they go thru or is it pens? 

I actually think it’s unfair to have away goals matter in ET bc then it’s a huge advantage to play the 2nd tie away - which wouldn’t really make sense. 

30 minutes ago, dynamark said:

This is the IBS thread !    I have ceoliacs BTW but absolutely no symptoms and condemned to a boring  lifetime gluten free diet.No pizzas

Dean Smith not happy with the Grealish injury news being leaked I am convinced Albrighton would have been in if BR had not had the nod.All worked out well in the end 

No pizzas must be brutal, I'd actually not be able to cope with that and would go out in a blaze of glory where I'd be 90% flour, yeast, cheese and pepperoni

9 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think BR must have been frustrated by yesterday. Had we scored the 3rd either side of H/T. He'd have whipped off Vards, Youri, Madders straight off and they'd be fresh for Thurs. As it was we regressed and now he has a bit of a dilemma. Vards won't start on Thurs and again at the weekend you'd think. 

I think he’d have been quite pleased. Blistering first half and very comfortable second half. The players executed his game plan and game management very well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I think he’d have been quite pleased. Blistering first half and very comfortable second half. The players executed his game plan and game management very well

I mean we could have been clear by H/T and he'd have been delighted to rest some. But it didn't pan out that way. So a bit of a missed opportunity 

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I mean we could have been clear by H/T and he'd have been delighted to rest some. But it didn't pan out that way. So a bit of a missed opportunity 

3 points was the most important thing. We have to take one game at a time. Thomas, Amartey, Mendy, Choudhury all played so it’s not like we didn’t utilise the squad

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Kasper

Amartey.      Evans.   Soy.       Fuchs/Luke

Albrighton.  Hamza/pappy  youri.     Fuchs/luke

Under

Kel 

id like to be stronger but not sure we can be and then perform on Sunday .....I expect a palace type starting line up at Burnley .....

Glad you're not the manager, that team is horrific.

Iheanacho is banned anyway so Vardy is the only option so we need a two goal lead before bringing him off.

I'd like to see a virtual first XI, maybe start Under ahead of Barnes? Just get a two goal lead before we start bringing players off, I'm happy to put faith in the squad that we won't blow a two goal lead. Otherwise just get through and we'll worry about Arsenal after the game. The advantage of playing Arsenal next is they're playing their tie in Athens and they will have all their eggs in the Europa Cup basket, for them it will be get through at all costs and worry about Leicester after the match.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

Regarding away goals does that count in ET too? If it’s 0-0 after 90 and 1-1 after 120 do they go thru or is it pens? 

I actually think it’s unfair to have away goals matter in ET bc then it’s a huge advantage to play the 2nd tie away - which wouldn’t really make sense. 

They would go through on away goals

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No way.  Too soon.

Tough decisions with Vardy, Ricardo and Castagne.

I’d imagine 2 of them will play, Vardy highly likely to start again due to complete lack of options up top. Albrighton coming in is likely, with then Ricardo maybe moving to right back instead of Castagne. Thomas likely to continue. Wonder if Campbell or Fuchs will be utilised? If we brought in the likes of them and Amartey a switch to a 5 at the back would be expected 

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’d imagine 2 of them will play, Vardy highly likely to start again due to complete lack of options up top. Albrighton coming in is likely, with then Ricardo maybe moving to right back instead of Castagne. Thomas likely to continue. Wonder if Campbell or Fuchs will be utilised? If we brought in the likes of them and Amartey a switch to a 5 at the back would be expected 

Daley-Campbell is ineligible, I think.

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Daley-Campbell is ineligible, I think.

Yep my apologies just checked our Europa league squad. Not eligible to play

Maybe involved v Arsenal then although I think Albrighton will definitely play then. 

Think we’ll play an attacking 4231as per on Thursday then a more conservative 541 v Arsenal 

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

9 goals in 52 simply isn't good enough.......

Traore 4 goals in 90 games...

Maupay 17 in 59

Pepe 5 in 48

Che Adams 8 in 53

Mitrovic 11 in 43

Not saying its great, but on a par with most other (there are more) support forwards.....

Apart from Maupay and Adams who by the way chip in with number of assists and Perez does not. Traore, Pepe and Mitrovic are all on the same-level as Perez - weak players who in many cases do not justify their price tags.

3 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

A friend of a friend had that - turned out his stomach hated onions...  Hopefully we'll give Slavia Prague something to be irritated about on thurs, 'cause the ref won't let them get away with their shenanigans :P

Can we be sure it won't be the same officials for the return match?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Apart from Maupay and Adams who by the way chip in with number of assists and Perez does not. Traore, Pepe and Mitrovic are all on the same-level as Perez - weak players who in many cases do not justify their price tags.

Brendan has his usual easy task of freshening up the side, winning the tie, and having a strong, fresh team ready for Arsenal!

Expect Amartey, Albrighton & Mendy to start Thursday, possibly Under & Choudhury too.

And Iheanacho to start Sunday, Maddison hopefully to return.

Edited by Steve Earle

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Glad you're not the manager, that team is horrific.

Iheanacho is banned anyway so Vardy is the only option so we need a two goal lead before bringing him off.

I'd like to see a virtual first XI, maybe start Under ahead of Barnes? Just get a two goal lead before we start bringing players off, I'm happy to put faith in the squad that we won't blow a two goal lead. Otherwise just get through and we'll worry about Arsenal after the game. The advantage of playing Arsenal next is they're playing their tie in Athens and they will have all their eggs in the Europa Cup basket, for them it will be get through at all costs and worry about Leicester after the match.

swap vards for kel - of course i forgot about the ban

what else is horrific ???   what would be horrific for the rest of our season is players like timmy, ricky or wilf picking up injuries ……..

My team for Thursday 

Schmeichel 

Castagne Evans Soyuncu Thomas

Tielemans Mendy

Under Maddison Albrighton

Vardy

My team for Arsenal (3421) 

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Tielemans Ndidi Castagne 

Maddison Barnes

Vardy 

Make use of Iheanacho, Mendy, Choudhury , Albrighton and thomas on Sunday If needs be. 

Edited by TJB-fox

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

2 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Apart from Maupay and Adams who by the way chip in with number of assists and Perez does not. Traore, Pepe and Mitrovic are all on the same-level as Perez - weak players who in many cases do not justify their price tags.

So go on then who realistically would you sign a) who would come b) be happy possibly not starting every game c)we could afford? We almost certainly couldn’t afford Pepe or Traore....