Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

Took a peek at the highlights of their game yesterday on You Tube.  That pitch looks like the the surface at Derby's old ground.   Their coach's comments about pitches in the Czech League may have some truth!

10 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

He hasn’t played in many key games.....has he?
my original point was we have one of the very best strikers in our history, but he hasn’t scored any in the last 9 weeks...yet we are still winning and scoring.....the reliance on Jamie isn’t as great as it was a year ago, as Maddison and Barnes mature, their goal scoring has gone up with it.......JV one goal since December 21st....team one defeat.....fairly logical to me....

We have definitely become less reliant on Vardy because Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison have contributed more. But as others have highlighted - JVs presence gives defenders much more to think about than Perez.

Plus, Perez played many key games last season. 9 goals in 52 games is simply not good enough - it is as simple as that. So there is no point in starting him as his goal contribution is so poor.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Not sure we will especially if madders isn't fit but I'd be tempted to gamble and have Tielemans on the bench. With the Burnley game next Wednesday we don't have the luxury of a week off. The thought of 2 defensive midfielders dies worry me but needs must. 

One of Castagne/Ricardo will probably sit out. 

Kasper 

Ricardo 

Amartey 

Soyuncu 

Thomas 

Mendy 

Ndidi 

Under 

Barnes 

Albrighton 

Vardy 

Barnes in a free role. Would've have gone for Hamza instead of Mendy but worried their play acting will get him into trouble. 

I don't think away goals technically count as 2, more if the scores over both ties are level, the team who scored the most away goals wins (So if we draw 2 - 2 on Thursday, Prague would go through as they have scored more away goals, not that they have scored 4). In the event this being the same, for example if the home team won the first leg 3 -1, then lost the away leg 3 -1, it would go to extra time.

Edited by MGLCFC

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

Happy with Ric playing where he did yesterday found a load of space and got several shots off.He is a very clever player in his movement and positioning

....just goes to show how much faith Rodgers has in Ünder!!!

When you choose to play a defender ahead of a Right Winger  in a Right Wingers role then it really is bad.

Cengiz what ever Rodgers has asked you to do, just do, do it and prove to all the doubters that you are more than capable of holding your own in a top Premiership club.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just goes to show how much faith Rodgers has in Ünder!!!

When you choose to play a defender ahead of a Right Winger  in a Right Wingers role then it really is bad.

Cengiz what ever Rodgers has asked you to do, just do, do it and prove to all the doubters that you are more than capable of holding your own in a top Premiership club.

Whatever the reasons were for yesterday’s team, could have been the Grealish factor, I do think Under is a bit unlucky even when he does get a run out.  Even yesterday he’s unlucky. I’m sure had the game stayed two nil for long enough he probably gets a run out in a situation made for him with the opposition chasing the game and space everywhere.  Instead they score out of nothing and it’s a different game and the more defensive subs are required. So up to now he’s had very few chances in a game that’s suited to him attack wise with the opponents chasing the game. Arsenal and Leeds away were perfect for him and he performed well in his cameos but most times he’s come on in the league we’ve been chasing the game and space was at a premium.

10 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

Whatever the reasons were for yesterday’s team, could have been the Grealish factor, I do think Under is a bit unlucky even when he does get a run out.  Even yesterday he’s unlucky. I’m sure had the game stayed two nil for long enough he probably gets a run out in a situation made for him with the opposition chasing the game and space everywhere.  Instead they score out of nothing and it’s a different game and the more defensive subs are required. So up to now he’s had very few chances in a game that’s suited to him attack wise with the opponents chasing the game. Arsenal and Leeds away were perfect for him and he performed well in his cameos but most times he’s come on in the league we’ve been chasing the game and space was at a premium.

...it just goes to prove he has no faith he can help to shut up the right side!!!

Obviously viewed as just good going forward,  it all seems down to team ethics and putting in a shift comes first.

2 hours ago, OrielCaziado said:

All those calling for a strong side and get it done in the first 60min and take key players off etc, you just know a scoreless draw is incoming with extra time to follow.  

i can see us chasing the game for 70+ minutes after conceding an early goal which would be far more tiring and draining 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've got terrible IBS, I'm out of Thursdays clash.

That was probably yesterday's game that caused that. For a man of delicate constitution, it would be like having a shredded wheat and wheatabix starter followed by a chicken vindaloo, washed down with red wine and Jack Daniels chasers. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've got terrible IBS, I'm out of Thursdays clash.

A friend of a friend had that - turned out his stomach hated onions...  Hopefully we'll give Slavia Prague something to be irritated about on thurs, 'cause the ref won't let them get away with their shenanigans :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

We have definitely become less reliant on Vardy because Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison have contributed more. But as others have highlighted - JVs presence gives defenders much more to think about than Perez.

Plus, Perez played many key games last season. 9 goals in 52 games is simply not good enough - it is as simple as that. So there is no point in starting him as his goal contribution is so poor.

9 goals in 52 simply isn't good enough.......

Traore 4 goals in 90 games...

Maupay 17 in 59

Pepe 5 in 48

Che Adams 8 in 53

Mitrovic 11 in 43

Not saying its great, but on a par with most other (there are more) support forwards.....

• Like 1

This is the IBS thread !    I have ceoliacs BTW but absolutely no symptoms and condemned to a boring  lifetime gluten free diet.No pizzas

Dean Smith not happy with the Grealish injury news being leaked I am convinced Albrighton would have been in if BR had not had the nod.All worked out well in the end