Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

4 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I'm torn by this..

I want us to have a real crack at going deep into this competition, but am fully aware of the toll that will place on our wonderful squad who have pushed themselves to the limit already.

Do we go all in and try to win the thing or conserve and protect our top 4 status?

Brendans problem! And a fantastic one to try and solve.

Its been a lot of fun watching us back in Europe. May this be the beginning of a pretty special era for our club which in my opinion (and many many others who don't support us) is one of the best run around. 

Does anyone know how many games it would take, after Thursday, for us to win the Europa?

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Under isn't starting any more games for BR.  Not happening.

Yes I think you may be right.  None of us has seen enough of under ... i can only presume his form in training means Brendan doesnt think giving him time to shine is worth while .

Anyone got any info on Rodgers view on under?

15 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Are there any quotes or videos of him mentioning the ref? 

He criticised the ref in the BT Sport interview and the same in the post match Zoom (which I was on for TS).

He pretty much never does this and you could see surprise in the faces of journalists on the zoom call.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

So go on then who realistically would you sign a) who would come b) be happy possibly not starting every game c)we could afford? We almost certainly couldn’t afford Pepe or Traore....

My point was Pepe and Traore are bang average. But in answer to your question, Stengs from AZ Alkhmaar and if we should have gone in for Bertrand Traore or Raphina in the summer who are all better players than Perez.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

40 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Stengs is dogshit this season

He's not been dog shit but AZ have dropped off a bit this season in the amount of goals they've scored. Even Boadu isn't seemingly as lethal either. They were my favourite team in Europe last season, not sure what's happened. They both now have Raiola as their agent so we won't be going near them anyway.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Assume we don't get the same ref from the first leg? Would be ideal if we had the female French ref who did one of our home games in the group stage. She took no crap when it came to diving and just let the game flow.

I don't think they are allowed to have the same ref for both legs. Or at least UEFA would ensure different refs.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think they are allowed to have the same ref for both legs. Or at least UEFA would ensure different refs.

The Ref we had in the first leg has returned to his asylum - so relax.

Winning this trophy ensures a champions league place, though that's extremely challenging, with Arsenal/ Spurs in the Europa and Chelsea/ Liverpool if 2 of those teams were to win their respective tournaments and both not finish in the top 4, 4th place would miss out on the champions league, though this is unlikely, it's something to be aware of, for those that dismiss the Europa in favour of finishing in the top 4.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

My point was Pepe and Traore are bang average. But in answer to your question, Stengs from AZ Alkhmaar and if we should have gone in for Bertrand Traore or Raphina in the summer who are all better players than Perez.

Bang average they may be, but neither would sign for Leicester........

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Assume we don't get the same ref from the first leg? Would be ideal if we had the female French ref who did one of our home games in the group stage. She took no crap when it came to diving and just let the game flow.

said it at the time but that ref, and the resulting free flowing game with actual tackles and shit was awesome !

• Like 1