Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

Schmeichel 

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Castagne

Mendy  - Choudhury

Under - Tielemans - Albrighton

Vardy

Assuming that Madison is not going to be ready to play four days after coming off injured, Tielemans is his natural replacement as a creative #10. I believe he played there when he first joined Leicester City on loan, prior to getting Madison from Norwich.

I think Brendan knows we need to go for goals, so we need to play two attacking fullbacks in a 4-2-3-1. That necessitates playing two of the three: Pereira, Castagne, and Thomas. I prefer playing Thomas with Barnes on the left because they combine really well, but I don't think Barnes will start, so neither will Thomas.

Barnes played the full 90 against Villa and Prague, and is the only player that could "replace" Vardy as a striker if there was a need (injury or whatever).  If Vardy is exhausted after 70 minutes and we need a goal to advance, I am not sure moving a fatigued Barnes over from LW is going to really get it done. So I think he is on the bench until we need him. 

That pretty much leaves Under and Albrighton on the wings with Barnes in reserve and Pereira at RB. If we can build a 2-nil lead, we can start putting in defensive substitutes. 

Then against Arsenal, back to the same lineup that we used against Villa: 

Schmeichel 

Castagne- Soyuncu - Evans - Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Periera - Madison - Barnes

Vardy

8 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Schmeichel 

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Castagne

Mendy  - Choudhury

Under - Tielemans - Albrighton

Vardy

Assuming that Madison is not going to be ready to play four days after coming off injured, Tielemans is his natural replacement as a creative #10. I believe he played there when he first joined Leicester City on loan, prior to getting Madison from Norwich.

I think Brendan knows we need to go for goals, so we need to play two attacking fullbacks in a 4-2-3-1. That necessitates playing two of the three: Pereira, Castagne, and Thomas. I prefer playing Thomas with Barnes on the left because they combine really well, but I don't think Barnes will start, so neither will Thomas.

Barnes played the full 90 against Villa and Prague, and is the only player that could "replace" Vardy as a striker if there was a need (injury or whatever).  If Vardy is exhausted after 70 minutes and we need a goal to advance, I am not sure moving a fatigued Barnes over from LW is going to really get it done. So I think he is on the bench until we need him. 

That pretty much leaves Under and Albrighton on the wings with Barnes in reserve and Pereira at RB. If we can build a 2-nil lead, we can start putting in defensive substitutes. 

Then against Arsenal, back to the same lineup that we used against Villa: 

Schmeichel 

Castagne- Soyuncu - Evans - Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Periera - Madison - Barnes

Vardy

Just an FYI - Maddison was already here when Tielemans came on loan. I think they both played as no.8s with Ndidi holding behind them.

I do think it's likely that Tielemans will play as a no.10 if Maddison's not fit. It could have been Perez or Nacho, but neither are available. I suppose there's a chance it could be Barnes.

Not sure if Castagne and Ricardo will both be able to start both games. Would be great if they can, but they're both coming back from injury.

I could see your formation for Thursday being pretty accurate. I think Ndidi might start, though.

Much harder to predict for the Arsenal match right now.

Edited by Raw Dykes

34 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Just an FYI - Maddison was already here when Tielemans came on loan. I think they both played as no.8s with Ndidi holding behind them.

I do think it's likely that Tielemans will play as a no.10 if Maddison's not fit. It could have been Perez or Nacho, but neither are available. I suppose there's a chance it could be Barnes.

Not sure if Castagne and Ricardo will both be able to start both games. Would be great if they can, but they're both coming back from injury.

I could see your formation for Thursday being pretty accurate. I think Ndidi might start, though.

You're absolutely right. I thought Tielemans came on loan first, but my memory is pretty fuzzy. I blame the beer lol

I did look at some of the the games from when he was on loan, and many games Rodgers had Madison was out wide with Tielemans in a three in front of Ndidi and Choudhury. 

Edited by Detroit Blues

Hmm tricky one, with us potentially missing all our attacking midfielders Maddison, Perez and Praet, and even Iheanacho can play in the 10 position. Both Castagne and Pereira are just back from injury and I’d loathe to lose either of them to injury again. Thomas hasn’t played very many minutes this season and as a young lad will only get better with game time. The only change i would consider would be Castagne/ pereira in for Amartey. Or give Evans a rest and move Amartey across one. The only alternative attacking option would be Ünder I guess who could come in for Barnes if he needs a rest, but think he’s too important to leave out at the minute. Get the job done early and ring the changes and get all of the CDM’s on to see it out.

vs Prague 

Schmeichel 

Amartey - Evans - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Choudhury - Ndidi - Tielemans 

Albrighton   -    Vardy   -    Barnes

vs Arsenal 

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Ndidi - Tielemans 

Pereira   -   Maddison   -   Barnes

Vardy

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Are there any quotes or videos of him mentioning the ref? 

In his post-match interview he said the ‘officiating was poor’ and was clearly confused/disappointed over inconsistency with free kicks and yellow cards

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Possiblly Amartey in one game for Evans

Let’s get the job done quick in a 1st half blitzkrieg! 3-0 than shut up shop for the 2nd

rest players that will probably need it like Vardy

feel sorry for tillemans as he could use a little break but he’s just too important to leave out and if madders needs to recover he has to stay. Oh yeh a better ref for this game please UEFA (last one was absolute pants)!

I'm torn by this..

I want us to have a real crack at going deep into this competition, but am fully aware of the toll that will place on our wonderful squad who have pushed themselves to the limit already.

Do we go all in and try to win the thing or conserve and protect our top 4 status?

Brendans problem! And a fantastic one to try and solve.

Its been a lot of fun watching us back in Europe. May this be the beginning of a pretty special era for our club which in my opinion (and many many others who don't support us) is one of the best run around. 

• Like 1

Kasper 

Ricardo 

Soyuncu

Evans

Castagne 

Ndidi

Mendy

Albrighton

Tielemans

Barnes

Vardy. 

Assuming Maddison is injured of course. Can’t see him starting Under. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Just start Tavares and wrap this up EARLY.

Ok. 

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares

Tavares