Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

18 minutes ago, Guest said:

I suppose it depends on what it is exactly about modern football you don't like. If it's the massive wealth inequality and rampant cheating then yeah, you're probably quite justified in being against modern football. If what you don't like about it is all these bloody foreigners and all these bloody women and the fact that players don't smoke fifty a day any more then you're probably just a bit of a tool and maybe the problem is you, not football.

The money bandied about in the top echelons of the game are totally unfair and clubs clamouring how it ruins the entire pyramid are totally correct and valid about the current modern situation when it comes to finances...

But is that really what Nottingham Forest fans are referring to? Are they heck! They thought the fridge man would bankroll them back to the top 15 years ago, so it's not about the financial disparity.

Allthat thread is a bunch of old boys glorifying their years on top "back in teh day".

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Things were always better in the good old days, eh?

People generally like the "good old days" because it reminds them of their youth and the best days of their lives.

I remember starting work as a 16yo and there was a man there who was 64 who used to tell me about the "good old days" when he worked 12 hours a day, 5 days a week at a machine and ate his lunch whilst still working because there was no breaks. He'd then tell me my generation didn't know what proper work was. The irony was he was one of most skiving, workshy ****ers I have ever worked with. He's dead now, I seen his gravestone a couple of months a go.

Edited by Gerard

Well it's a mix and match you can pluck things out of different eras that are better than the current one but that means there are plenty of good things about the current time. Unfortunately we can't mix and match you have to take life as it comes.

• Like 2

Did $105M only buy 85% of Harry? Why is he eating a Leicester City FC cake in a barn? Why is he playing with Lego? Why doesn't he have a bank account ffs?

So many questions  :surrender:

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did $105M only buy 85% of Harry? Why is he eating a Leicester City FC cake in a barn? Why is he playing with Lego? Why doesn't he have a bank account ffs?

So many questions  :surrender:

Why are his legs straddled in such in such an impossible position that is likely to render him infertile? 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Surprised Burnley aren't higher given the stability. Did Sean Dyche rig the voting lol

Their new owners have finance things by putting the club in a serious amount of debt like the Glaziers did at Man Utd. They might be fine but the fear is that they bugger off and leave the debt with the club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Apparently percentage of fans who think their club is well run.

FB_IMG_1617177736739.thumb.jpg.ddef48fa796577064a95ecceacd5ff3e.jpg

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Surprised Arsenal are as high as they are on either given where they are in the table and their recruitment history.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Surprised Newcastle is as high as 23.91

A quarter of their fans (a) think the club is well run, and (b) want to keep Bruce?!  :revenge:

Actually, this comment explains a big flaw in how they came up with these numbers.

1118595816_20percentfree.JPG.9ade06bbfb781ee3452b17a156e1d49f.JPG

Either that, or all those Geordie jokes an American doesn't get -- I'm now laughing at.

geordie eye test.JPG

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

A quarter of their fans (a) think the club is well run, and (b) want to keep Bruce?!  :revenge:

Actually, this comment explains a big flaw in how they came up with these numbers.

1118595816_20percentfree.JPG.9ade06bbfb781ee3452b17a156e1d49f.JPG

Either that, or all those Geordie jokes an American doesn't get -- I'm now laughing at.

geordie eye test.JPG

I think that makes sense - very damning indeed!

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

Arsenal fans always pile into a survey...its the only thing they have a decent chance of winning these days.

Below Spurs though, strange, keep the survey running and In sure the mighty cocks will bottle it.