Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

The good thing is that the pool of clubs is narrowing of who can simply come.in and poach a player off us. 

Sadly we are unable to resist man u and man City. Liverpool don't quite have the finance. Arsenal and spurs zero chance. Even Chelsea now are questionable....I'm not convinced tielemans or wilf or madders would go there 

Overseas, only the absolute elite could wade in for one of ours

Liverpool wouldn't go near us due to the high prices we would demand.

It would be tempting for one of our players to join them no question but they wouldn't want to be fleeced for players. Instead getting big sums for deadwood and net spend is the name of the game.

Edited by Blue ROI

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nice!

The bit about Leicester :D 

Following a break of seven months, Abidal is ready for a new challenge, which could potentially bring him to England and the Premier League. He has been impressed by many clubs around the world, but particularly Leicester City.

“When I started my masters in 2015 with Uefa and at the Centre for Sports Law and Economics in Limoges in France, I was really convinced that my future would be as a sporting director,” said Abidal. “And after two years’ experience at Barcelona, I can tell you 100 per cent that this is what I want to do.

“You don’t have a lot of clubs like Barcelona. But if you have a club with a real project, focus on the academy, focus on the performance of the first-team, really good balance between economy and performance and, as well, a small team of decision makers, this would be an environment that would be good for me because you have to deal with a few people who all go in the same direction to achieve the same objective. This is my philosophy.

“Around the world, Leicester City is one of the clubs I am really impressed with. I talked to them while I was at Barcelona and they are very focused on the target and everybody knows their role. The atmosphere internally in the club is very positive as well and everybody feels comfortable and they are taking good decisions. They are not scared to take different coaches when they make changes. I’ve been very impressed.

• Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

He's not bad, but he's no Jon Rudkin. ( Imagine saying that a few years ago)

Ps. If this found its way around the paywall and into my dm's, I would ensure that it was deleted forthwith. 🤪🙏🤞🧐😉

Hit reload and cancel a second later and you’ll catch the page loaded before the paywall does, might need a couple of goes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are creating a lasting legacy. In 20 years time kids today who will be adults in their 30s and 40s will remember us fondly and say stuff like :growing up Leicester were a great team challenging for league titles". The kinds thing trotted out about Notts Forest over the years.

45 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

West ham can take Rogers because they're  'A big London dog' 

Their squads on par. Rice is the best midfielder between us both. 

Wow. Mr 'Yeah but...'

Never ever bother engaging people who answer every logical argument you make with a sentence that essentially says 'yeah but'. What a total pub bore that guy must be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Jason Cundy even agreed with him when he said West Ham squad is on par with Leicester, what the **** lol  Our squad is a million times better than theirs. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Lol. Big London dog. Hide Rodgers from Milwall too - they’re London - shit what a dream move. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Who do you think West Ham should be 4th instead of?"

"Leicester"

:sge:

Typical Lahndahn football fan suckered in by the big names and bright lights.  Looks at the names up the top and assumes we must be the weakest one because it's Leicester.

The West Ham fans I know are really happy with Moyes. 

That guy is delusional. 

People keep on about Arsenal like they should be a top 4 club. They haven’t been that for a few seasons now. Top 6 maybe, however it just hasn’t clicked for them. With the financial burden of the stadium coming closer to and end, I’d expect them to get stronger in the next 5 - 10 seasons though. 

Tottenham are in for the pain that Arsenal have suffered. 

West Ham should be competing higher than they do. Passionate fan base, free stadium, etc. Are they still owned by the Ann Summers crowd though? I’m sure I read somewhere that “industry” got a major boom during lockdown 😂 . In theory, they should have the money to push them on if required. 

Man City, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool are the four. The chasing pack will always be the rest of us ....... for now. 

We’ve got a great team, a golden era. Enjoy it and let other people under appreciate just how good they are. 

It’ll take years of us performing at this level, for people to appreciate that we belong here. 

14 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yeah but West Ham are due to invest £4 million in upgrading their current training facilities, to include:

1. Removal of all temporary offices and gym cabins. Creation of an additional 800m2 of internal operational space across the entire site, which will allow for further improvements in the future.
  2. Enhanced site entrance with 20% increase on current parking facilities and new visitor-friendly main entrance reception.
  3. Additional Academy main changing rooms and coaches / staff changing rooms, new player analysis room with state of the art equipment and team meeting / presentation room.
  4. New first floor parent / coaches viewing gallery, three times the size of existing space, with full height glazing offering unrestricted views to indoor pitch, with catering and welfare facilities.
  5. Upgraded and extended indoor pitch with enhanced LED lighting and new playing surface.

How can we ever hope to compete with that, it's what Rogers dreams of. Farewell BR your dream move awaits.... 

• Haha 1