Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Regarding Ndidi

How deluded are these clowns? So used to chucking money at things they just expect it. Also, we play hard ball so well on transfers these days, so good luck getting him for less that 80 million. Even then I wouldn't sell.

IMG_20210322_101204.jpg

I hate to be that person but they're right. 

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Right maybe that they can pay him more (3x though?) But it's ignoring the fact that they have to pay what Leicester value him at, with his contract not running out until 2024. It's not as simple as they are making out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

What’s even funnier is that this person calls for United to pluck Tielemans from an upstart rival, but then immediately decries this sort of thing happening in other leagues.

These are not true fans, yes propper fans will be fed, up but they know that they were beaten by a better team. These fans are just joy riders who cannot control their emotions and just come out with endless crap, they may have never seen their team play live in a stadium? Plastic fans for what is now mainly a plastic club.

Edited by Dorkingfox

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Absolutely they're right. STCC held us back when we won the league and even though it ended in 2019, I hope we stick to the principles of it and keep our wage bill lower compared to the teams around us in the table. Yes, the bigger teams can double and triple the wages of our players. But that's often in our favour - Donny Van De Beek has played about 800 minutes for Man Utd but is being paid more than everyone in our team except Vardy, Kasper and Maddison. Chelsea are still paying Drinkwater £120k a week. Arsenal only just released a player they were paying £350k a week to, who they chose not to play for purely political reasons. Spurs are paying £300k a week for Bale and he's been shite. £200k a week to Ndombele and Kane, £100k to Alli. While paying off a billion pound stadium, and wondering why they're having to rely on emergency government loans.

Let them make these financial commitments. We should just keep doing what we're doing and watch how they falter.

The future is ours

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Absolutely they're right. STCC held us back when we won the league and even though it ended in 2019, I hope we stick to the principles of it and keep our wage bill lower compared to the teams around us in the table. Yes, the bigger teams can double and triple the wages of our players. But that's often in our favour - Donny Van De Beek has played about 800 minutes for Man Utd but is being paid more than everyone in our team except Vardy, Kasper and Maddison. Chelsea are still paying Drinkwater £120k a week. Arsenal only just released a player they were paying £350k a week to, who they chose not to play for purely political reasons. Spurs are paying £300k a week for Bale and he's been shite. £200k a week to Ndombele and Kane, £100k to Alli. While paying off a billion pound stadium, and wondering why they're having to rely on emergency government loans.

Let them make these financial commitments. We should just keep doing what we're doing and watch how they falter.

The future is ours

Those teams pay much higher wages because they can. It’s still a smaller percentage of their turnover than we pay. Personally I like our approach of paying big on wages, but no being the highest in terms of net spend. Let’s look after those who have done well for us.

Other teams have their issues. Manchester United still have to service their huge debt. I can’t see how the approaches of Everton, Aston Villa and even Brighton are sustainable in the long term.

For us to compete with the big six is a vicious circle: get better players, finish top six, pay higher wages to keep players, need to increase turnover to pay them, need to finish top six again to keep them, get better players. 

The key challenge is how do we challenge without selling a big asset every year? We cannot sustain our current wage profile without selling someone or increasing our turnover, which puts us back inside the vicious circle if we want to do it year on year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Regarding Ndidi

How deluded are these clowns? So used to chucking money at things they just expect it. Also, we play hard ball so well on transfers these days, so good luck getting him for less that 80 million. Even then I wouldn't sell.

IMG_20210322_101204.jpg

They'd be better off spending the money sorting the scouting/transfer department out. They could have had Ndidi + Tielemans for the same amount they spent on Fred!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I remember him getting sent off on his debut for us, against West Ham, after about half an hour.

No doubt he has a soft spot for us, but he was shite as a player.

In fairness, it was at the end of his career and we were signing the wrong players. 

Eg: Martin Keown.

This moment though..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Those teams pay much higher wages because they can. It’s still a smaller percentage of their turnover than we pay. Personally I like our approach of paying big on wages, but no being the highest in terms of net spend. Let’s look after those who have done well for us.

Other teams have their issues. Manchester United still have to service their huge debt. I can’t see how the approaches of Everton, Aston Villa and even Brighton are sustainable in the long term.

For us to compete with the big six is a vicious circle: get better players, finish top six, pay higher wages to keep players, need to increase turnover to pay them, need to finish top six again to keep them, get better players. 

The key challenge is how do we challenge without selling a big asset every year? We cannot sustain our current wage profile without selling someone or increasing our turnover, which puts us back inside the vicious circle if we want to do it year on year. 

Any team paying 'big' wages needs to regularly be in the CL that's pretty much where the bulk of their turnover comes from and maintains their commercial income and that's why the current rich 6 are there. The ones that are struggling Arsenal and Spurs and to an extent Man U is because they haven't been able to do that. 

The only way a team like us can break into and stay in the 'big' group is to be in the CL every year that's why these Rich 6 are trying to side-line us as we would take one of their places and why they want to ring fence the CL places.

In many ways it's the CL with all it's riches that is ruining football.

• Like 4

Just now, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-barcelona-abidal-job-5213248

Former Barcelona star reveals talks with Leicester City as he seeks fresh challenge
The former France international has spoken of his admiration for the Foxes and the way they operate off the pitch as the club chases a Champions League spot

ByLeigh Curtis
13:37, 22 MAR 2021

Former Barcelona star Eric Abidal has been impressed with Leicester City's progress as a football club and revealed he held talks with the Foxes to see how they are run behind the scenes.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, in which he reflected on his time at the Nou Camp as director of football before leaving last August, Abidal is looking for a new challenge with the Premier League a potential destination.

As part of his research of clubs across Europe, he spoke to the Foxes to gain a better understanding of how they operate and what has been responsible for their success with the club flying high under Brendan Rodgers.

He said: "When I started my masters in 2015 with Uefa and at the Centre for Sports Law and Economics in Limoges in France, I was really convinced that my future would be as a sporting director.

"And after two years’ experience at Barcelona, I can tell you 100 per cent that this is what I want to do.

“You don’t have a lot of clubs like Barcelona.

"But if you have a club with a real project, focus on the academy, focus on the performance of the first-team, really good balance between economy and performance and, as well, a small team of decision-makers, this would be an environment that would be good for me because you have to deal with a few people who all go in the same direction to achieve the same objective. This is my philosophy.

“Around the world, Leicester City is one of the clubs I am really impressed with. I talked to them while I was at Barcelona and they are very focused on the target and everybody knows their role.

"The atmosphere internally in the club is very positive as well and everybody feels comfortable and they are taking good decisions. They are not scared to take different coaches when they make changes. I’ve been very impressed.

“I have studied hard on my English, which is good now and all my family speak perfect English.

"I think the Premier League is the best league in the world and I am interested in working there, why not? But French is my language and my Spanish and my Catalan are good, so I’m open to many things.”

Read this earlier, really cool to see people abroad are also taking notice of how well we are doing

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Yes but it’s a bigger issue than that. Ndidi would cost them 15m and would have been seen as the cheap option. He would not get in the team instantly (see van der beek) and he would have not improved like he has with us, when he got a rare start he would have been under huge pressure and spot light, likely to make an error and them be taken back out the team. Then another x amount would be chucked at the likes of Declan rice rather than letting wilf grow.

we can sign players and give them a chance. Teams like Man U have to sign the finished article generally speaking as their fans have no patience/are plastic.

There's plenty of LCFC fans that write players off before they've had a decent chance including a run of games to prove themselves.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Right maybe that they can pay him more (3x though?) But it's ignoring the fact that they have to pay what Leicester value him at, with his contract not running out until 2024. It's not as simple as they are making out. 

Contract runs out in 2023, if Tielemans won't sign a new one then we will have to be prepared to consider a big offer in the summer if one were to arise.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Contract runs out in 2023, if Tielemans won't sign a new one then we will have to be prepared to consider a big offer in the summer if one were to arise.

I'm reckoning Tielemans will sign an extension on the basis there's a gentleman's agreement that we'd listen to offers from certain clubs; Juve, Bayern, Man City, Man U, Barca etc

...otherwise, as you say, this summer wed6hsve to consider our options

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm reckoning Tielemans will sign an extension on the basis there's a gentleman's agreement that we'd listen to offers from certain clubs; Juve, Bayern, Man City, Man U, Barca etc

...otherwise, as you say, this summer wed6hsve to consider our options

Agree with that, big pay rise for a longer contract and some sort of agreement to sell him to an elite club. To get a really big fee players need to be sold before they are about 26 so Tielemans still has a couple of years yet.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Agree with that, big pay rise for a longer contract and some sort of agreement to sell him to an elite club. To get a really big fee players need to be sold before they are about 26 so Tielemans still has a couple of years yet.

The good thing is that the pool of clubs is narrowing of who can simply come.in and poach a player off us. 

Sadly we are unable to resist man u and man City. Liverpool don't quite have the finance. Arsenal and spurs zero chance. Even Chelsea now are questionable....I'm not convinced tielemans or wilf or madders would go there 

Overseas, only the absolute elite could wade in for one of ours

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Wilf would require a bid of £150m minimum

I certainly think over £100 million.  Very few players go for anything like £150 million and I can’t think of any club in the current financial situation who would pay over £100 million for a player. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We were discussing Ndidi. Finger's crossed for tielemans though. Makes us tick.