Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 31/03/2021 at 09:05, Facecloth said:

Apparently percentage of fans who think their club is well run.

FB_IMG_1617177736739.thumb.jpg.ddef48fa796577064a95ecceacd5ff3e.jpg

Someone posted this on reddit and explained that the methodology is, frankly, terrible and misleading.

The question(s) were a scale out of 5 - not a simple yes/no as the graphic implies - then they've just summed up all the scores out of the max. So the minimum score would be 20 (it's not 20%) if everyone scored 1/5 - basically what happened for Newcastle.

For us, you've probably got the vast majority of fans giving a 5/5 and a small number giving a 4/5, bringing the 'approval' down slightly. There may still be some people who don't think we're well run, but it'll be less than the 1.38% that this suggests.

Edit: skimmed through the thread and didn't see that @KingsX had already mentioned this. My bad :)

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're a 'massive club' now!

In some senses yes but Brendan would have to do more on the European front to be actively considered.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're a 'massive club' now!

We are becoming a bigger club. If this upward trajectory continues our fans need to adjust as well and start thinking like a big club. When you see the squad we have and our world class facilities + stadium expansion, this small club mentality we have grown up with needs to be binned. 

Pochettino gave Spurs multiple top 4 finishes and oversaw a stadium move and Spurs fans now have much higher expectations than they did in 2013. If our growth keeps on we also need to start expecting top 4/6 finishes rather than hope and accept anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

We are becoming a bigger club. If this upward trajectory continues our fans need to adjust as well and start thinking like a big club. When you see the squad we have and our world class facilities + stadium expansion, this small club mentality we have grown up with needs to be binned. 

Pochettino gave Spurs multiple top 4 finishes and oversaw a stadium move and Spurs fans now have much higher expectations than they did in 2013. If our growth keeps on we also need to start expecting top 4/6 finishes rather than hope and accept anything. 

Yeah, and if we fans try really hard then one day we just might reach the heady heights of being like Spurs and Man Utd fans lol

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

That's a shame because the rest of the article is really buttering our muffin.

Love to read the BBC bigging us up.

Yeah the article is great. Just whoever does the captions, screams of amateur. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Quality work BBC. X

A555AF70-A46D-4930-9CE7-EB503097C372.jpeg

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

That's a shame because the rest of the article is really buttering our muffin.

Love to read the BBC bigging us up.

50 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah the article is great. Just whoever does the captions, screams of amateur. 

I contacted the beeb sports team when I saw it earlier and it's now been changed to, "... all left Leicester".

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, majaco said:

If we all become delusional  will that make us big 6 like Arseanall and Totteringham and like Liverpool we're?

It's not entitlement for those clubs to have expectations. Some take it too far granted.

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I hope we never get that arrogance and sense of entitlement.

I agree. I mean I’m quite happy to alternate winning the title with other clubs. The FA Cup henceforth should always be ours and I think we’re nailed on for the CL title. Football is easy. 

• Haha 4

With great performances, come great expeditions. 

It’s as simple as that. 

It’s a winning mentality. 

If you’ve been part of a successful team, that feeling that you’re unbeatable is great (although you don’t do a Ben Chilwell and come out and say it).

It also raises the belief of the supporters and the exceptions they have. Football comes in cycles, fans don’t always recognise that.  The team that Arsene Wenger built was brilliant, however he couldn’t re-build that to compete continually. The fan base don’t realise that they’re in the mix with every other team, other than Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool though now. Arsenal fan TV, whilst being comedy gold is cringeworth painful at times. 

The same could be said about Spurs, who will suffer if Kane ever leaves. 

Manchester United have been poorly mismanaged, as they’ve wasted millions and the recruitment has been frankly shocking in fairness. Maguire is a solid centre back, but he isn’t worth £80,000,000. The same could be said for Fred, Martial, Pogba etc 

Liverpool have proved this season that the wheels come off once they lose some of the cogs in the machine. They don’t have the strength in depth to

sustain a challenge in the long term against Manchester City. It’s hard to play that style where you press continually. It takes a high energy player and discipline in how you press. Klopp should have adjusted to what he had, not tried to play the same way. In fairness give Brendan kudos, as he realised this and adapted with our injuries. 

West Ham have built a talented team, you see people write them off but they’ve got a winning formula and Lingard who had become somewhat of a comical figure has worked well for them. 

In the Premier League, on any given day, anyone can beat anyone. However fans got caught up in the heat of the moment and don’t see the talent of the team and go off status or history. At the moment, we have a talented team and are worthy of top four slot. These pundits and fans saying they’re better than “little Leicester” are delusional and only say this as they feel they’re entitled to be higher based on past performance. 

Should Pep leave Manchester City, I think Brendan would be a candidate for them.

• Like 2