Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

TalkSPORT on about Maguire this evening and Durham was saying he is a great player. 

He went on to say that any Leicester fan who disagrees with this and was happy we rinced Man Utd for £80m can not have their opinion taken seriously as we are jealous and upset about losing him. 

He also said he was much better than Fofana and Evans. Seems he has a right ball ache about Leicester at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

TalkSPORT on about Maguire this evening and Durham was saying he is a great player. 

He went on to say that any Leicester fan who disagrees with this and was happy we rinced Man Utd for £80m can not have their opinion taken seriously as we are jealous and upset about losing him. 

He also said he was much better than Fofana and Evans. Seems he has a right ball ache about Leicester at the moment. 

I can sum up their broadcasting/journalistic technique thusly:

:fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I'm working alongside him at Derby-Norwich on Saturday so I may mention this to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/04/2021 at 16:59, Jimmy said:

A question was just on tipping point, in 2018 which footballer made history by scoring the first goal decided by VAR? Jamie Vardy Kelechi, Iheanacho or Rihad Mahrez were the options they went for Mahrez

Nicole at a preseason match wasn't it?

33 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

He was described in The Guardian as an "expert phone-in troll, arrogantly spouting inflammatory football opinions in the hope of prompting some indignant phone rage from an uppity fan."

What he’s saying is not completely untrue, Maguire is a very good defender and gets way to much stick. However, if he were still at Leicester now, he would be 4th choice CB. 
If we play a back 3 he doesn’t get in ahead of Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What he’s saying is not completely untrue, Maguire is a very good defender and gets way to much stick. However, if he were still at Leicester now, he would be 4th choice CB. 
If we play a back 3 he doesn’t get in ahead of Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana. 

Pissed off with this post. I was about to write exactly the same thing and wait for rep points.:@

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm working alongside him at Derby-Norwich on Saturday so I may mention this to him.

I swear he's abused Maguire before saying he's not good enough. Absolute clown.

The reality is Maguire is a decent player, got limitations which get exposed and will be villified at Utd but also is very good at set pieces and good on the ball.

We haven't missed him though, since he's left we've been in the top 4 every week of the season bar 2 weeks or something daft. We've also conceded a similar amount of goals to Man Utd and the money has been invaluable to us.

Geoff, does Durham ever wear anything other than that heinous flowery shirt?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The reality is Maguire is a decent player, got limitations which get exposed and will be villified at Utd but also is very good at set pieces and good on the ball.

We haven't missed him though, since he's left we've been in the top 4 every week of the season bar 2 weeks or something daft. We've also conceded a similar amount of goals to Man Utd and the money has been invaluable to us.

Durham always 'bigs up' England and England players. This is just more of that. 

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I said when he left us. Colossal in the air and very good on the ball. But often gets caught out of position and gets turned way too easily. 

People saying oh he wouldn’t be in our side now well he would because we wouldn’t have signed Fofana had we not sold Maguire. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Also @UpTheLeagueFox off air does he admit to being a professional troll? He clearly is saying those Maguire things to get a reaction out of Leicester fans. I mean everything he says is just to get a reaction, seems a pretty sad life even if he does get paid for it. 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Also Evans and Fofana are clearly way better than him as is Soyuncu. 

Regardless of whether they are better, similar or slightly worse. Our 3 CB's who are the envy of the PL costs us around £50m combined. We received £80m for Maguire and a further £5m for them getting CL.

Since he has left we have been in the top 4 pretty much the entire time having never finishing higher than 9th when he was with us. 

He got his big move, we got obscene money for him which is proving even more invaluable during this pandemic and we are building a side that challenges his and have more dynamic defenders that suit our side than his. 

Durham is a bell sniffer.

10 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

He flip flops his opinion daily to bait callers. Its not hard to find clips of him saying the exact opposite to what you've said there. 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 16:59, Jimmy said:

A question was just on tipping point, in 2018 which footballer made history by scoring the first goal decided by VAR? Jamie Vardy Kelechi, Iheanacho or Rihad Mahrez were the options they went for Mahrez

Oh my word, I actually couldn't remember!!! I had to Google it, then realised it was so long ago Mahrez was still in the team...time has definitely flown by!! And my memory is shit :cry:

You can debate Maguire’s quality all along. Bert has covered my opinion. Good in the air but poor when he’s asked to keep a high line. 

What I can absolutely say that our footballing style wouldn’t have progressed and some of players have developed significantly now we can play higher up the pitch