Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's odd that that's their barometer of our current success - 'look, bigger teams have bought their players in the past'.

I'd honestly say that's probably about as good as it can get for us for the time being.

And as we collectively appear to appreciate it is all self serving bollocks, I'm more than happy to stay on the outside of that one.

(Although in fairness, the article is glowing and praises us in our own right. The original caption was praising us for continuing to compete/improve/excel, despite selling our "best" players each year. Ruined of course by the numpty who thought slabhead won the league with us. The hasty edit doesn't quite work though)

What's he said that's wrong? That year they used Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Agger, Cissokho as defenders. Agger was very good, Skrtel did a job but the rest are hardly brilliant.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

What's he said that's wrong? That year they used Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Agger, Cissokho as defenders. Agger was very good, Skrtel did a job but the rest are hardly brilliant.

Exactly, our back four is one of the best in the league, and certainly better than what Liverpool had that season 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

The ones most likely to make it are either injured, coming back from injury or in a position where there's lots of competition. Justin for me would have be a shoe in for these latest squads and would have played his way into a call up for the summer. He's injured though, so nobody is going to include him. Barnes is currently injured but should be fit for the summer. That said there are plenty of established internationals in his positions that are still playing pretty well. Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish all fill the wide roles, so he was always going to struggle to get a spot. Maddison is just returning from injury. I'd take him to the euros, but its pretty clear Southgate and the media would prefer Mount and Foden.

Just now, Nalis said:

Being a pedantic bastard, Vardy and Mahrez were bought when we were in the championship.

....and they would say Championship WTF is the Championship?

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mainly about Mourinho but Jordan calls Spurs players perennial losers who should have won the league when Leicester did...

When I see Talksport linked on FT, it’s usually dumb-assed clickbait drivel.  The exception being when @UpTheLeagueFoxis doing the posting.  A good soldier who ensures the occasional reasonable opinion expressed on his platform does get seen on here.

If Mr Peters is the lone voice in the wilderness, does that prove we're mostly interested in the clickbait drivel?

• Like 2