davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

54 minutes ago, majaco said:

If we all become delusional  will that make us big 6 like Arseanall and Totteringham and like Liverpool we're?

It's not entitlement for those clubs to have expectations. Some take it too far granted.

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I hope we never get that arrogance and sense of entitlement.

I agree. I mean I’m quite happy to alternate winning the title with other clubs. The FA Cup henceforth should always be ours and I think we’re nailed on for the CL title. Football is easy. 

• Haha 4

With great performances, come great expeditions. 

It’s as simple as that. 

It’s a winning mentality. 

If you’ve been part of a successful team, that feeling that you’re unbeatable is great (although you don’t do a Ben Chilwell and come out and say it).

It also raises the belief of the supporters and the exceptions they have. Football comes in cycles, fans don’t always recognise that.  The team that Arsene Wenger built was brilliant, however he couldn’t re-build that to compete continually. The fan base don’t realise that they’re in the mix with every other team, other than Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool though now. Arsenal fan TV, whilst being comedy gold is cringeworth painful at times. 

The same could be said about Spurs, who will suffer if Kane ever leaves. 

Manchester United have been poorly mismanaged, as they’ve wasted millions and the recruitment has been frankly shocking in fairness. Maguire is a solid centre back, but he isn’t worth £80,000,000. The same could be said for Fred, Martial, Pogba etc 

Liverpool have proved this season that the wheels come off once they lose some of the cogs in the machine. They don’t have the strength in depth to

sustain a challenge in the long term against Manchester City. It’s hard to play that style where you press continually. It takes a high energy player and discipline in how you press. Klopp should have adjusted to what he had, not tried to play the same way. In fairness give Brendan kudos, as he realised this and adapted with our injuries. 

West Ham have built a talented team, you see people write them off but they’ve got a winning formula and Lingard who had become somewhat of a comical figure has worked well for them. 

In the Premier League, on any given day, anyone can beat anyone. However fans got caught up in the heat of the moment and don’t see the talent of the team and go off status or history. At the moment, we have a talented team and are worthy of top four slot. These pundits and fans saying they’re better than “little Leicester” are delusional and only say this as they feel they’re entitled to be higher based on past performance. 

Should Pep leave Manchester City, I think Brendan would be a candidate for them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sly said:

With great performances, come great expeditions. 

It’s as simple as that.

Cool!  Where are we headed?  The South Pole?!

expeditions.JPG.f867a09bd274d303d009f92cddad5c3a.JPG

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Screenshot_2021-04-03-09-28-02-67.thumb.jpg.f2ee552b7b4b90347029d2c58a328ab5.jpg

Confirmed. Good work fella 😀👍

It's odd that that's their barometer of our current success - 'look, bigger teams have bought their players in the past'.

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's odd that that's their barometer of our current success - 'look, bigger teams have bought their players in the past'.

I'd honestly say that's probably about as good as it can get for us for the time being.

And as we collectively appear to appreciate it is all self serving bollocks, I'm more than happy to stay on the outside of that one.

(Although in fairness, the article is glowing and praises us in our own right. The original caption was praising us for continuing to compete/improve/excel, despite selling our "best" players each year. Ruined of course by the numpty who thought slabhead won the league with us. The hasty edit doesn't quite work though)

What's he said that's wrong? That year they used Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Agger, Cissokho as defenders. Agger was very good, Skrtel did a job but the rest are hardly brilliant.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Corky said:

What's he said that's wrong? That year they used Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Agger, Cissokho as defenders. Agger was very good, Skrtel did a job but the rest are hardly brilliant.

Exactly, our back four is one of the best in the league, and certainly better than what Liverpool had that season 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

The ones most likely to make it are either injured, coming back from injury or in a position where there's lots of competition. Justin for me would have be a shoe in for these latest squads and would have played his way into a call up for the summer. He's injured though, so nobody is going to include him. Barnes is currently injured but should be fit for the summer. That said there are plenty of established internationals in his positions that are still playing pretty well. Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish all fill the wide roles, so he was always going to struggle to get a spot. Maddison is just returning from injury. I'd take him to the euros, but its pretty clear Southgate and the media would prefer Mount and Foden.

Just now, Nalis said:

Being a pedantic bastard, Vardy and Mahrez were bought when we were in the championship.

....and they would say Championship WTF is the Championship?