Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Arsenal Home Pre match Sunday 28th at 12.00 on BT1 @ 11.30am

Going off today's performance and a few others of late and the fact the club failed in another important transfer window my prediction is we lose this by atleast 4 goals....

If this team wants to take things serious and get upto the next level they need to invest in the squad and get atleast 5 quality players in in the summer.

GOD WE LOOKED SO ****ING SHIT TONIGHT !!!

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I never thought I'd say this... but when is Perez back?

Brendan said before last weeks game with Slavia that Perez was out for 2 weeks, that presser was on the 17th so I think this would probably still be a bit too early for him

Probably back for Burnley or Brighton next week

• Like 1

I have big concerns for this game unfortunately. 

Arsenal just seem to be a team on the up at the moment, with their big players starting to fire again.

I'm really hoping we see a reaction but I can't help think we will really struggle with out Maddison

My prediction is that Iheanacho will come in behind Vardy and he has to have a real impact if we are to win this one!

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Arsenal just seem to be a team on the up at the moment, with their big players starting to fire again.

I'm really hoping we see a reaction but I can't help think we will really struggle with out Maddison

My prediction is that Iheanacho will come in behind Vardy and he has to have a real impact if we are to win this one!

Wouldn't necessarily they are on the up yet, 1 league win in 5, and the only teams they have beaten in 2021 in the league are West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds

They went very strong tonight, think they are going to be focusing on doing well in Europa rather than trying to properly climb the table

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't necessarily they are on the up yet, 1 league win in 5, and the only teams they have beaten in 2021 in the league are West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton and Leeds

They went very strong tonight, think they are going to be focusing on doing well in Europa rather than trying to properly climb the table

But what remains to be seen is if  there has been a marked shift in morale, on both clubs, due to their respective results earlier tonight.

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Got a slight soft spot for Arsenal from when I was growing up so always keep one eye on them, and I wouldn’t be too worried tbh.

They looked so poor tonight and there’s rumours they might be resting Saka and he’s the only one that makes things happen for them. 

Not saying I’m optimistic based on our performance, but can’t see them outplaying us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vardy is destroyed, unpopular opinion but I don't think he should start. We are seriously mismanaging him at the moment. He should be playing a game a week, he just isn't young enough to eat up games like he used to. Give him a rest for the next two games and then we'll have a revitalised man for the run-in, hopefully, rather than hoping he'll play his tired body out of his poor form.

Better to rely on Barnes and Iheanacho for two games that we might be likelier to lose, (although on Vardys recent form that's no given) if it means we will have Vardy fit and firing again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Banker away. They will be on a high after a great win v Benfica, whereas we have barely had a shot in 180 minutes against the equivalant of Sheffield United.

Get prepared for a re run of last season

Equivalent of Sheff Utd is harsh to Slavia. They've literally kicked Sevilla out of the Europa League recently. That's like beating Man City in the carabao cup.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Kasper,

Castagne, Evans, Cags, Thomas

Youri, Ndidi

Ricardo, Iheanacho, Barnes

Vardy

Put Iheanacho a bit further forward just off Vardy

Ricardo at left back with Perez at right wing if he is back for this

Whether people agree or not, I think that will be the team.

5 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Banker away. They will be on a high after a great win v Benfica, whereas we have barely had a shot in 180 minutes against the equivalant of Sheffield United.

Get prepared for a re run of last season

Or the alternative view is that we will recover and refocus on what are now some very important league games.

Arsenal played in Greece tonight and will be elated after needing to score two goals in the last half hour with a last minute winner. They'll still be buzzing saving their season hours later but need to get back to England, get to bed in the early hours with a bit of adrenaline still in them, see the draw Friday morning and travel to Leicester on the Saturday. By the time they play us Sunday morning they could be very flat.

I think to some extent we're paying a price (as last year) for BR's reluctance to rotate the squad when he has the chance, because now he doesn't.  Tielemans and Evans look gassed, and Vardy should never be starting more than once a week.  

I've been critical of Vardy recently but this is the sort of game he has to start. He doesn't play at Burnley.

Assuming Maddison doesn't play this is going to be hard work but I'd rather be facing a team like Arsenal then a a team who are going to sit and defend.

Mendy in for Choudhury. Thomas was dreadful last night but he keeps his place because Ricardo will play on the right wing. Castagne at right back..

Kasper

Shitmartey     Evans           Cags

Ricardo         Youri                Ndidi             TIMMEH

Albrighton                              Barnes

Vardy

Edited by Pliskin