Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Arsenal Home Pre match Sunday 28th at 12.00 on BT1 @ 11.30am

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Badly need Perez available for this.

I never thought I'd utter those words.

Be great if Perez is Fit, but I'm not sure he will change much in whatever role he is put in, his form pre injury wasn't great

Just now, adam said:

No  way is brendan playing nacho in the 10. Probably be a flat back 5. 

When we signed him nacho said his best position was as a 10. Like in the Okazaki role just of Vardy, and tbh he’s looked decent on occasion in that position, but also fairly poor in other games, as is often the way with Iheanacho. But think it’s the best option at this point and should provide Vardy more support and we can go more direct. 

• Like 2

Both played on Thursday and had tricky games albeit with different result, early lunchtime games are always dependent on who got out of bed feeling better.

......we have a reasonable chance against a mid table team so with a strong team am hoping for a result unless more injuries weaken us.

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Kasper  

Castagne  Evans  Soyuncu  Thomas  

Ndidi  Tielmans    
   Ricardo                    Barnes   

Nacho     
                    Vardy  

This. Think Ricardo didn’t play tonight as he’ll have to keep Saka quiet on Sunday.

43 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s out for 3/4 weeks. 

FFS, the international break can’t come soon enough so we can at least get Maddison, Fofana & Perez back. 

Out of interest, how do you know it’s 3/4 weeks if Rodgers ‘can’t put a timescale’ on it? - The fact he’s even saying that worries me, he’s always miles off it with our injuries. 

Given we have just slumped to a demoralising defeat to Slavia Prague, there will be some skewed and reactionary views across the board as to how this game might go.

Lest us forget that we are third. Arsenal languishing in mid-table mediocrity. We should use this as motivation to put tonight's defeat right and take the game to them in the way we do best. Y'know, like the first half against Villa, but for the whole 90 minutes. No reason why we can't do the double over Arsenal this week (last double was 1973 I think...), it's perfectly doable with the right Starting XI and set up.

Edited by Bezzanator89
Cheeky statistic...

Back to our tried and tested 4-3-3, with Ndidi sitting in and fullbacks bombing on. Time to play square pegs in square holes. (Oh, and I’d play Tavares in Madders position, as the ‘2nd number 8 role’)

GK Kasper

RB Ricardo

CB Soyuncu

CB Evans

LB Castagne 

CDM Ndidi

CM Tielemans

CM Tavares 👀

RW Ünder 

CF Vardy

LW Barnes

I am ready for this!

4:45 AM wakeup, feed the dog, brew a cuppa, watch the match (5 AM MT US).

I still have a bad attitude toward Arsenal from the 2015-16 losses.  I just want to beat them now and forever more.

G'wan you foxes!

• Like 2

We can’t play Tielemans in the Maddison role. It’s like we’re losing two players when we do that. Not only do we lose Maddison but we lose Tielemans from where he plays best. Youri just doesn’t have the physical attributes to play in that position. 

• Like 4