Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

God knows what the team is and who's fit and fully capable and in fairness,  only Rodgers is privy to that. All I personally would ask is round pegs round holes and no already failed experiments. So:

1. If any 2 of Soyuncu, Evans or Armarty fit, no bloody Ndidi at centre half, it's a total waste of our best midfielder and totally unnecessary. 

2. No bloody Ricardo on the right wing. He's not got explosive pace (excellent pace running from deep), can't dribble sufficiently, no tricks. Absolutely a typical not to top standard winger/midfielder turned into one of the best wing backs in the Premiership if not further a field, don't nullify his talents on a clever thinking whim. If Under is in front of him for example then arguably he could flourish also in the knowledge that there is a hugely competent defender behind him rather than a makeshift. 

A back 4 of Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu and Castagne (or Armarty if Evans out) is as good as anyone else is fielding at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think that’s the most horrible starting eleven I’ve seen since the 1994 play off final against Derby County. 

You beat me to it. I saw that line-up and had visions of that front 3 of Walsh, Roberts, Ormondroyd. Most creative player (JJ) was on the bench. Pretty it was not but the result could not have been better. Repeat of that today?

• Like 1

No doubt he'll play Choudhry on the right and if its going wrong it'll be made to be his fault.

Why Mendy on at all, never mind instead of any width defies comprehension. Under, or even albrighton a better option, or should I say would at least give us an option.

Amazing

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just so little creativity. Sadly expected but doesn't change it.

I think this ends 0-0.

Until we go a goal down after 5 minutes, Brendan then waits until 60th Min to make changes......

Could be a long night lads.

4 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

Tbh, i cant understand whst people are moaning abouy with team selection. Atm best we can put out. The shspe idnt as baf as people make out. Under not stsrting ssys all we neef to know about how bad he is. But anywsy  dont blame brendan. Grt behind him and the squad

I really hope you are typing this on a phone,otherwise you need a new keyboard!:)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You know how that story ends lol 

One of the worst ones I can remember was losing to Villa in the great escape season, some ridiculous record like Villa not scoring in the second half in front of the Holte End for ages and Alan Hutton not scoring a goal in 10 years and we managed both in one half lol

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just so little creativity. Sadly expected but doesn't change it.

I think this ends 0-0.

We need some 1-0 shithouse wins whilst we wait for players to come back. Where is Ulloa now?