Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

Just now, Daz93 said:

There’s absolutely no movement off the ball. We just stand there looking at each other hoping someone will do something with it.

The worrying thing is that you look to the bench and realise there is no one who we can bring on the change things. Very worrying

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

People complaining about the formation, I hate 352 more than anyone except Mark but clearly this gets our best currently fit players all on the pitch. 

I'm not entirely sure what you think would be different with 442 or 4241.

Who's on the bench that's a goal threat? 

Castagne and Ricardo are both more dangerous going forward than Albrighton and they're in a formation that let's them get forward with plenty back to cover. 

We'd be playing shit however we line up at the moment because quite frankly everyone's heads have gone. No belief anywhere in the pitch. 

There is no out ball for the defenders. I feel like having full backs with options to pass forward would help 

Just now, Finnegan said:

People complaining about the formation, I hate 352 more than anyone except Mark but clearly this gets our best currently fit players all on the pitch. 

I'm not entirely sure what you think would be different with 442 or 4241.

Who's on the bench that's a goal threat? 

Castagne and Ricardo are both more dangerous going forward than Albrighton and they're in a formation that let's them get forward with plenty back to cover. 

We'd be playing shit however we line up at the moment because quite frankly everyone's heads have gone. No belief anywhere in the pitch. 

Couldn’t agree more, just disappointing knowing that we can do better than this. 

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

3 at the back is not working well for us. Need to go back to a back 4 (so Ricardo and Castage can come back a bit to pick up the ball and so we have an extra midfielder).

Good to have a front 2 but Rodgers is not brave enough to play a back 4 so that we can have one less central defender. Ricardo and Castagne are too far forward to defend anyway but yet we can get the ball pass the half way line so it is clear we need an extra midfielder and more width around the back to pick up the ball.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What changes to make if we get to 1-0 at HT then? 

Amartey is one of the most frustrating players. Runs forward. Stops the ball. Turns back. Passes back. Kills any forward momentum dead on the spot. Infuriating when there's space in front of him. 

That’s what they’ve all been doing 

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

Castagne doesn't seem to want to take on the defender to get in the box, he was the same against Burnley, so we became ineffective on the attacking left side. 

I don’t think he’s been that great since the first few weeks of the season. He’s not been at the level of JJ or Ricardo last season.