Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think what is so stressful is the fact that if Liverpool draw 1 and win 2 games by 1 goal. 

we lose both of ours by 1 goal. We are going to miss out by 1 measly goal. 

Firstly they would have to win 3 games and draw 1 from that scenario and secondly we would have less GD because we lost those games lol 

Edited by chapero82

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think what is so stressful is the fact that if Liverpool draw 1 and win 2 games by 1 goal. 

That's 7 points - they're 9 behind us...or was it assuming they win tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Firstly they would have to win 3 games and draw 1 from that scenario and secondly we would have less GD because we lost those games lol 

Apologies. You are correct so we miss out by 2 goals and a point haha. But yeah it’s likely they would win one of the games by a bigger margin anyway so I guess it’s irrelevant 

Edited by Lambert09

26 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Spurs will have something to play for on the last day. Whether it is to avoid the trans European Conference express or finishing below Arsenal - they will have something to play for. But they will bottle it.

But can't they still finish 6th, so qualify for the Europa? 

30 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

And it will be Aguero's shit pen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

They could still get 4th.

We need to get the job done before the last game! The thought of needing a point at least for that would make last nights game seem like a stroll in the park so far as my nerves are concerned. 

• Like 1

Just now, enmac said:

We need to get the job done before the last game! The thought of needing a point at least for that would make last nights game seem like a stroll in the park so far as my nerves are concerned. 

Not sure I can watch if that happens tbh. Thought of seeing Son do that stupid hand gesture to the camera when he scores, would put me into a deep depression. 

• Like 1

Nothing we can do until Tuesday anyhow so let's see how Liverpool do in their two games and West Ham in theirs. We'll then know a bit more about what we need to do.

Meanwhile there is a FA Cup Final to enjoy. I was 3 the last time we were in one!

Edited by ourla

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

CD3E6ED6-16EE-46CA-A865-4B833065FBF8.jpeg

I think the major thing that people are discounting is Liverpool have a small squad of players that actually play and their fixture congestion is pretty bad. They have 4 games in 10 days. I expect them to drop points in at least one of the last 2 games.

Edited by Rsswmu
  • Like 1

So a Manchester United win tomorrow drops Liverpool's chances to 11.6% of getting top 4, but a Liverpool win increases their chances to 60.6%! 

I've had a somewhat rational, but mostly irrational hatred of Man U for my whole life. Tomorrow, for one night only, I will become their biggest supporter! :chant:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

So a Manchester United win tomorrow drops Liverpool's chances to 11.6% of getting top 4, but a Liverpool win increases their chances to 60.6%! 

I've had a somewhat rational, but mostly irrational hatred of Man U for my whole life. Tomorrow, for one night only, I will become their biggest supporter! :chant:

I love Man U

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Here's a nasty little poser for you then. If because of injury, Evans has only got one match left in him out of the last 3, which one would you play him in? 🤔

Chelsea league.  No-brainer.

Unless waiting for the final match means he's going to be that little bit more ready, but you didn't specify that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Me too - it will feel strange to cheer them on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

We've got to avoid defeat vs Chelsea and barring Liverpool doing something amazing I think that'll be enough for us. 

The problem is that Liverpool doesn't have to do anything remotely amazing, they just need to TCOB against weak opposition.  That's why it would be huge for them to drop points against United.  A draw would be a huge win for us.

Chelski could certainly drop points at Villa, not impossible.  We're ahead of them, so a draw in our league game is still a good result for us.

39 minutes ago, brucey said:

CD3E6ED6-16EE-46CA-A865-4B833065FBF8.jpeg

Liverpool now have top four in their own hands which is quite eerie. 

Tomorrow's game is massive for us, by those percentages if Liverpool win then it's a "pick em", any two from three.

Edited by Gerard

5 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Its amazing that our home record is ignored by Rogers  anything like our away record and we would be challenging for the title.There must be at least half the league who we have done worse at home against than away

What makes you think Rodgers is ignoring the home record ?  The management group would certainly be aware of it & talked about how to fix it.

The general consensus seems to be that without fans home advantage is minimal.

Modern football clubs have stats people that examine every aspect of the game. 

I sense that you are just trying to find some shit that you can lay at Brendans door.

• Like 2