Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Think the Man Utd v Liverpool game will be tough for Man Utd unfortunately, as they could probably do with Maguire back, but he is clearly done for at  least this game.

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Last 3 PL results 2-1 win against Villa, a 3-0 win against Arsenal and a 2-0 against Southampton 

Are you being serious?

April 3rd: Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool

April 10th Liverpool 2-1 Villa

April 19th Leeds 1-1 Liverpool

April 24th Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle

May 8th Liverpool 2-0 Southampton

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think the Man Utd v Liverpool game will be tough for Man Utd unfortunately, as they could probably do with Maguire back, but he is clearly done for at  least this game.

Watching that tomorrow is going to be torture!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just to be clear

image.png.9ebeb34b147320d85545a1b0fa7525f7.png

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you being serious?

April 3rd: Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool

April 10th Liverpool 2-1 Villa

April 19th Leeds 1-1 Liverpool

April 24th Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle

May 8th Liverpool 2-0 Southampton

Unfortunately my phone has made me look quite stupid and I can do that on my own easy enough 

• Haha 2

Bellend Sinclair talking shite on TalkShite at the moment. Basically if you have a strong squad, it is fine to rotate and OGS will be responsible if Liverpool and West Ham fail to accumulate enough points over 38 games to finish top 4.  Interesting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If we get one more point they have to win every game and make up 10gd in the process. I mean, it's probably not likely. 

Yep getting that point is probably....the Needle in an haystack...or it could be like finding a blonde in Sweden...

26 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Ridiculous amount of possible permutations, but I honestly believe that, all things being even, we probably need one more point. 

I felt 68 all along, and I still think 68.  Two draws, one win.  Gonna be tough to get anything off Chelsea - they're in a stunning run of form, still have nothing assured, and really don't need to rest anybody to prioritize the CL match.  If they rest anybody it won't be in the league game, it'll be the FA Cup.  

That leaves Tottenham.  Not that good, and absent needing to beat them, we might beat them.  But all the pressure on us will be huge if we do need a win.  Hopefully they won't be playing for anything at that point.

Edited by Deeg67

By winning last night we at least now have a surprisingly good chance of already having enough points in the bag. Liverpool fail to win two of their last four and West Ham and Everton slip up just once then we are home irrespective of losing both games. That Newcastle match is even more annoying now.  Even a draw in that match would make me feel so much more confident.

• Like 1

After the Man United game yesterday, Tim Howard predicted Leicester would be overtaken by West Ham. 

The West Ham that’ve lost three of their last four will have to run the table and hope we don’t pick up any points.

Phenomenal prediction. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Ridiculous amount of possible permutations, but I honestly believe that, all things being even, we probably need one more point. 

I think about 50% of the time we still qualify if we don't get another point this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So if Liverpool win 3 out of their 4 remaining and/or West Ham win 3 out of 3, (which IMO 1 is quite possible) we still need at least 1 point + hold that +10 goal difference over West Ham, which could narrow with 3 wins from them and a loss for us. 

This is still far from over IMO. It could easily come down to needing a draw out of the Spurs game if we lose away to Chelsea. 

I'm all for the optimism but this is Leicester! Work to do and more stress no doubt :sweating:

I said before the Newcastle match we just need one good week when we win and our opponents don't.

if Manchester United can beat Liverpool tomorrow that will be enough barring a perfect set of results for our opponents until the rest of the season with one of them winning all thie games and us losing all of ours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Their attacking threat will be too much for Liverpool I think and they will out score them :fc:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Still bothers me that some of you seem content with a draw to Chelsea in the league.

Sure, it would still be beneficial to us, but I want to beat them twice next week and ruin their domestic season for being one of the ESL snakes.

If it's Liverpool that pip them, so be it, but I want to do our job of spoiling the cartel to whatever extent we can.

WTF?  Chelsea were the last in and the first out of the ESL cartel.  Arguably they ensured its failure when they pulled out.

Liverpool were one of the founding members, planning it for years.  Flush them from the CL at any cost.

• Like 2