Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

What cretin at the BBC or FA decided to stage the semi-final draw at half-time - yes, half-time - of our game?

I’d normally say it beggars belief, but with those two increasingly ill-run institutions I guess nothing surprises any more.

• Like 3

I know I sound like Keegan but I would love it if we beat them! What a statement it would be too. I hope they are rested and pumped up for this and give them a really good game. I'm feeling quite positive about this so hope I'm not wrong 😊

• Like 1

Our record against them is frankly terrible. They are better away than at home and we're worse at home than away. Whatever team they put out wll be quality and I don't see their Thursday trip as any sort of impediment.

We will miss Maddison and Barnes big time and I think this will tip the balance towards Man Utd. We must score first simply can't chase the game against them. Thier defence is currently perfoming very well. Hoping for a win but not confident.

Just hope we turn up. So many times in the big games we just don't seem to have it mentally.

Just now, reynard said:

Just hope we turn up. So many times in the big games we just don't seem to have it mentally.

We've had it plenty of times this season so far. I suppose it depends what one defines as 'big' games. I think/hope you might be pleasantly surprised.

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

FellowBlue, while what you say is correct about anticipating FFP impacts, and investing ahead of it (as per Chelsea), you were so lucky timing-wise to have that investment capability.  Imagine if several other clubs had been able to do the same thing, then now we would have a much more competitive and open Prem league.  Whilst it's better that there's a big 6 than a big 4, that's still no consolation to the 14 "also-rans".

Personally, though, I am less bitter towards Man C as I'm well aware they have far more genuine fans than the sickening glory-hunters that associate themselves with the other 5 and, as you point out, they have a good relationship with the local community.

Thanks for coming onto this forum to air your views. It's good to have contributions from rival supporters.  At least we can come together in hoping that our club hammer Man U today (said with some trepidation). :scarf:

Thanks for the note back and for sharing your opinion. Yes, timing of the investment was key and acceleration of player purchases had to be done. I totally agree that it is unfair that the other 14 “also rans” can no longer invest in the same way. You really have to question FFP. It does nothing to penalize huge debts (I.e United), yet prevents owners from investing in their own business. I do not know of any other field of work that has such a restriction. Surely investment is what is needed for the benefit of football. I do agree that there should be limits and restrictions to provide for more of a level playing field. The more people that understand this the better. For me, I am obviously pleased that my club is doing well, but I do not want my club to be despised. I do not want my club or supporters to become anything like Man United with an entitled arrogance of winning all the time and sneering down at others. 

So back to today’s game. Again, good luck in beating these red rags and if you do, I hope you get to the final. 

Edited by FellowBlue
Spelling
  • Like 1

Nervously excited for this one. Hope the players are up for it. Here's hoping the week's rest does us good like it did last week. And hope they're fatigued. Anything to give us an extra edge over these. 

10 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

where by we have improved enormously over the past few seasons Manu have digressed  we are now much closer to them in terms of quality 

I’m not sure they have as such. They’re a much better team now than they were under Moyes, LVG and Jose in my opinion. I know it’s fun to slate Ole and their players and call him a shit coach but he’s managed to find something within them, as much as it pains me to say it. I hate Ole and Man United in general but they’re arguably the best they’ve been at the minute since SAF left, purely based on the ability to grind results out (they get no end of luck and decisions going their way granted). They’re still not the juggernaut they once were but they have stabilised a bit. Tough game today, and we know if we’re on song we’ll match them, but we’ll have to play incredibly well to beat these today. Bring it on, **** the Mancs. 

26 minutes ago, FellowBlue said:

So back to today’s game. Again, good luck in beating these red rags and if you do, I hope you get to the final. 

Appreciated, just remember this when we beat you in the semi's and be happy with the title and cl. 😂💪🤜🤛👊🤟🤪😘

• Like 1

I say we go for it and have 4 ATB with Ricardo being out:                   

Vardy      Nacho

Perez

Praet  Ndidi  Tielemans 

Thomas   Soyuncu    Evans   Castagne

Kasper

With Rici P out, I reckon we'll go with this:                       

Kasper 

Fofana  Jonny   Soy 

Timmy                                        Thomas

Ndidi       Youri 

Perez 

Kelechi   Vardy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

With Rici P out, I reckon we'll go with this:                       

Kasper 

Fofana  Jonny   Soy 

Timmy                                        Thomas

Ndidi       Youri 

Perez 

Kelechi   Vardy 

probably the best option if Ricardo is out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Again.... That was not a much to judge people on. Blades were appalling. 

Or maybe we were also quite good? Maybe having perez and Iheanacho in the roles in the team helped compensate for missing barnes and maddison?

Basically, even if the blades were a bit blunt, vardy was very sharp.