Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

6 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

And its fvcking Pawson reffing šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøĀ 

Pawson seems to have better this year. Ā The two that fill me with dread are Kavanagh and Coote who are probably the worst two ā€˜big teamā€™ refs

There was a time when I would have been more than happy with Andre Marriner but he seems to have lost his edge a bit this year. Ā Michael Oliver is a bit whistle happy but at least isnā€™t afraid to give decisions against the big teams so would still be my first choice. Ā 
Ā 

Having said all of that I have a suspicion VAR might well be decisive today.

Ā 

19 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Thereā€™s been a late change, itā€™s ā€œDreā€ Marriner now!

48 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

This is the first match day morning in a long time where I'm really missing the fan experience.

Today would have been class.

Wouldnā€™t it just. Bright spring morning, nothing to lose, raucous atmosphere. Hereā€™s to next season and better times

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 17/03/2021 at 16:06, st albans fox said:

I feel that a decent tactical coachĀ will find ways through ourĀ back 3

Ā 

Against good sides, they will keep the central attacking area pretty empty which means our CBā€™s will have to go looking for players to pick up and leave space for midfield runners. Ā If they remain disciplined and hold their positions then there will obviouslyĀ be other areas where we will be outnumbered .....

Ā 

there are no easy answers ....

Yes, and no.Ā 

Ā 

Look at Man City away, we were very comfortable in that game there have been others whilst Rodgers has been here too however...

Ā 

Games we've struggled struggled as such with theĀ back 3 was when Youri was playing higher up, if that happens we lose our quarter back and I feel some of our team go brain dead, in those games as well opposition teams set their trigger press to our flanks, Brighton almost executed it perfectly. If Youri is in his usual position then we're fine. Ndidi goes missing without Youri there too.Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I genuinely believe at full strength we have the stronger, more cohesive team. They just have certain individuals that regularly drag them out of the shitĀ 

And dive into the turf...

FellowBlue, while what you say is correct about anticipating FFP impacts, and investing ahead of it (as per Chelsea), you were so lucky timing-wise to have that investment capability.Ā  Imagine if several other clubs had been able to do the same thing, then now we would have a much more competitive and open Prem league.Ā  Whilst it's better that there's a big 6 than a big 4, that's still no consolation to the 14 "also-rans".

Ā 

Personally, though, I am less bitter towards Man C as I'm well aware they have far more genuine fans than the sickening glory-hunters that associate themselves with the other 5 and, as you point out, they have a good relationship with the local community.

Ā 

Thanks for coming onto this forum to air your views. It's good to have contributions from rival supporters.Ā  At least we can come together in hoping that our club hammer Man U today (said with some trepidation).Ā :scarf:

• Like 4

If they're not inspired by Brendan's words then they can't be inspired full stop.Ā 

Ā 

I'm expecting us to lift off the previous inferiority complex where these are concerned (helped by the earlier 2-2 this season) and absolutely take it to them.Ā 

Ā 

I'm going to whisper it but I'm expecting us to win by 2 clear goals - 3 - 1 Leicester today (and I've not started drinking just yet).Ā 

Ā 

COYBĀ 

• Like 2

On 20/03/2021 at 03:29, NaijaFox said:

Although I don't care for real hatred of any player (and frankly don't see much of it on here), it's only a "bit strange" if you are unfamiliar with fan forums in general. In respect of City in particular, many opposition fans regularly spew vile bile on Madders, especially,Ā and increasingly, albeit less often these days, Vardy for supposedly being "cheating *****" - although much of the bile against Vards (or "Steptoe" as almost universally monickered on opposition fan forums)Ā haveĀ increasing transformed to grudging RESPECT. Beyond that, real hatred is reserved variously for Rags, Dippers, Scum, Woolwich, Spam, etc., as applicable. Frankly, I think that generally we are a pretty mild lot here on FT.Ā 

Except all Things Spurs....& Then even Richters scale is Not big enough....

I'm getting worried. Some of us are far too positive going into this fixture.

Ā 

Hoping the performance last week inspires Perez and Inheachio to have another great day and that Vardy manages to score. If the rest of the squad play like they can we've got a great chance, but I always feel a little pessimistic when we play these lot. We can't afford any lapses, because we'll get punished.

Not positive.Ā 

Ā 

They will get an early goal and we will spend 50 minutes huffing and puffing before they get a second.Ā 

We will score around the 80th minute and actually start to look like we might do something before they hit us on the break.

Ā 

1-3.Ā 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Not positive.Ā 

Ā 

They will get an early goal and we will spend 50 minutes huffing and puffing before they get a second.Ā 

We will score around the 80th minute and actually start to look like we might do something before they hit us on the break.

Ā 

1-3.Ā 

Yes youā€™re right - not positive at all. If we play to our capabilities, we can turn these over.

If we field our three CB's we'll be water tight at the back but without Madison and Barnes we'll find it tough at the other end to create, I'm seeing a 0-0 and penalties. Unless Utd get their token dodgy penalty before it comes to that.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā