Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Eh? What an earth are you on about? 

Harry Kane scored 30 premier league goal in the season before the 2018 World Cup, Vardy Scored 20.

Also Harry Kane finished the 2018 World Cup as the golden Boot winner so its hardly "utterly disgusting". 

I do think Roy Hodgson and Gareth Southgate should have utilsed Vardys skillset better and found a way to involve him more. But that's hardly Harry Kanes fault all he's done is been a consistent, prolific goalscorer for club and Country. If your angry at anyone it should be the men making the decisions. 

Anyone arguing that vardy is/was a better bet for England than Kane is loopy loo

we don’t play that way 

but, given that Kane was exhausted by the time the semis came around and given that we were going to be playing a side which would look after the ball way better than us, there is an argument that the manager should have employed plan B from the start (or at least half time).  Mind you, would have to be brave to change from tried and tested at SF stage ! 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone arguing that vardy is/was a better bet for England than Kane is loopy loo

we don’t play that way 

but, given that Kane was exhausted by the time the semis came around and given that we were going to be playing a side which would look after the ball way better than us, there is an argument that the manager should have employed plan B from the start (or at least half time).  Mind you, would have to be brave to change from tried and tested at SF stage ! 

Didn't Vardy get injured in the last 16 and missed the quarters and was generally struggling in the semi final when he came on? Can't see how starting him in that game would have helped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

So the free kick defensive wall is not a new thing of 2021 🤣

I'd say that there's a few too many gaps in that wall but at least you know those boys would actually stand their ground and not flinch, so it'd probably be more effective :ph34r:

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Eh? What an earth are you on about? 

Harry Kane scored 30 premier league goal in the season before the 2018 World Cup, Vardy Scored 20.

Also Harry Kane finished the 2018 World Cup as the golden Boot winner so its hardly "utterly disgusting". 

I do think Roy Hodgson and Gareth Southgate should have utilsed Vardys skillset better and found a way to involve him more. But that's hardly Harry Kanes fault all he's done is been a consistent, prolific goalscorer for club and Country. If your angry at anyone it should be the men making the decisions. 

Kane was clearly injured for that semi final

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we don’t play that way 

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Even if that's true its still not Harry Kanes fault for wanting to play in one of the biggest games of his career. See my earlier post about blaming the men in charge. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we don’t play that way 

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Even if that's true its still not Harry Kanes fault for wanting to play in one of the biggest games of his career. See my earlier post about blaming the men in charge. 

• Like 1

Dunno if this point has been raised but the draw for the semis is at HALF time in our match.

Not sure about this. If we are a couple of goals down at half time, I can imagine it would be hard to galvanise everyone if we have drew Man C in the semis.

I know there are some assumptions in all of that, but my point is why not wait until fulltime?

TV scheduling reasons I guess.

• Like 1

I wondered why we always pay too much respect to ManUre - then I saw our recent record against them (1 win in 24 games?). 

We are the better team, with the better players - lets thump them this time (like the ONE win - which we all remember!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I'd say that there's a few too many gaps in that wall but at least you know those boys would actually stand their ground and not flinch, so it'd probably be more effective :ph34r:

They were men in those days 😉

34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hope we dont put in a typical timid performance vs Man Utd tomorrow. No excuse to not run them ragged given theyve just played on thursday night.

Totally agree. Too often we play Man U with the kind of respect you'd give Real Madrid. In reality, teams like Sheffield United have managed to beat them this season lol

If we go at them, we can exploit their defensive weaknesses. If we sit back they'll inevitably just fall over in the box and Bruno will put one past Schmeichel. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I wonder which in commentary pundits we will have to put up with tomorrow? Surely can't be worse than McManaman and Keown on BT Sport right now for the Everton v Man City game.

At least it's not bloody Hoddle? :P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Could there possibly be a format to the pre-match threads that includes the key information??

The title of this thread would be a great template.

The content to usefully then include:

Kick off time / date

TV coverage details

I’d certainly find this a useful improvement. Anyone else?? 

Great idea. Are you volunteering to do it? :)

• Like 1