Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

Anyway you want to dress up what’s happened at Man City - Since Pep arrived they have spent the best part of a billion pounds.
That is ridiculous- That’s the equivalent of every player input 25 man squad costing the same as Tielemans. 
It’s obscene! Made even worse by the fact that they haven’t sold anyone for serious money in that time - Sane to Bayern being the only one around the cost of one Tielemans.

Anyway back to the game - same team as vs Sheff Utd with perhaps Luke Thomas in for Ricardo 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FellowBlue said:

I come in peace! Man City fan here visiting to wish your team well for Sunday against United. Seriously, I hope you batter them and will be supporting you along with lots of other Manchester blues.

I replied to this comment in particular just to say don’t believe all you read in the media. We certainly got lucky when we were bought in 2008, and yes the owner pumped in plenty of money. Anyway, allow me to provide a little background.

Man City’s owner had to spend big in the first couple of years as he knew FFP was coming along to protect the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Bayer, RM and Barcelona, and the door on owner investment was closing. Since that initial investment our club has been exceedingly well run with lots of investment in the local community. So, in regard to the “oil money” comment, please note that United, Chelsea and others had money pumped in for years, but I guess the money from Russian Oligarchs and Americans who rack up huge debts is OK, right?  

The money we spend today is largely from ten years Champions League participation and good business investments. We have also spent well on very good players who have improved under Pep. It’s our neighbours who repeatedly break transfer records (Pogba, McGuire, Rooney, Ferdinand), but again, that’s alright because they are not spending “oil money”. They are spending the US banks’s money and loading the club with debt. Man City is a well run club with extremely loyal supporters who stuck with the club while our neighbours won everything. We do not expect to win, even now, and just appreciate watching great football.

So, having got that off my chest, again I wish your club the best of luck and hope “our man” Iheanacho” gets a hat trick tomorrow and Vardy plays a blinder. By the way, if my team doesn’t win this trophy, I hope your team does. Up the blues!

A Major Football Team and an Huge Airline are both very expensive toys.

Given Etihad Airways have lost billions of USD in the last 3 years, coupled with a serious drop in the price of oil during the same period, it will be interesting to see if the Bank-rolling will continue.   It is certainly difficult to see how an ailing airline can continue to pay for Stadium and Shirt sponsorship without some extremely creative accounting.

Yes King Power have suffered greatly by COVID-19, but compared to Etihad, it is small change.  

Thanks for your good wishes for today!

8 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Or a dive by Marcus Rashford MBE, Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba, Harry Maguire, or by anyone else I've missed. Or some sort of shithousery, or controversial decision.

These lot always get that rub of the green against us. I'd love to see us finally get one over on Manchester United for the first time since the 5-3, but I just can't see it. It's that feeling I get when they are the bogey team.

Rash ford and Martial are supposed to be fitness doubts ( probably BS). It’s in all the papers . No mention of Maddison Barnes and Riccy though .

Quietly confident, but United have been quietly quality this season. A bumpy start but they’re definitely a solid second place finish. The saving grace is they have a clanger in them, but it’s not often lately they’ve thrown games away. 

Id love to see us through, but I think United will be a little bit too much for us today and edge it unfortunately. It’s got a Fernandez penalty 90+4(+6) written all over it. 

• Sad 1

Only change from last week would be Albrighton in for Ricardo (rested) or Thomas in for him and switch Castagne to right wing back. This is going to be a massive statement of intent when we beat these and sets us up for a fantastic season, runners up in the Premier League and FA Cup winners... :fc:

Up the City.... :scarf:

• Like 1

All of the pre game stats are against today:

Our terrible record v Man U - one win and four draws in our last 25 games against them, without a single clean sheet for us in any of those games.

Man U having not lost a domestic away game for 14 months!!

Man U having conceded only 1 goal in their previous 7 games in all comps.

The fact we have lost 5 quarter finals running since our last semi final in this cup. 

The fact we are still missing 6 first team squad members and will probably have very few options off the bench.

But it would be so typical of football and indeed Leicester if despite all of this, we got a result. Let's do this!

• Sad 2

Hope, yes.  Expectation, tempered.

We can win.   But we can lose.  Rightly or wrongly  I associate Man U with playing dour football against us and them scoring from nothing.

I think  it will be a tight game.  I think for neutrals, it will be a boring game.  1-1.  Extra time.  Can't see it going to penalties.  Could go either way 2-1.

Would be nice to see Vardy start scoring again!

• Like 1