Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

23 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Well said. Sums up the dreary old gits on here perfectly. Guarantee they sit in the West Stand with a flask and sandwiches in foil and just hurl abuse for 90 minutes. Old codgers

I am an old codger....and my abuse is usually direction forum...Not team/club/manager/player....I am a  tea-flask vigillante...

Balti-pies...No sandwiches.!!

7 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury to start for me.

I can perhaps see some logic in Maddison playing, but why the other two? It’s a very long time since either of them had a decent game for us, and I don’t think being dropped against West Ham is suddenly going to make them better players.

5 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I can perhaps see some logic in Maddison playing, but why the other two? It’s a very long time since either of them had a decent game for us, and I don’t think being dropped against West Ham is suddenly going to make them better players.

I'm joking.

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

If they play Vestergaad, which they will, you simply have to play Vardy. 

He might not be in the best of form but he's our greatest ever and deserves to play in a game like this. 

Utter madness to think otherwise 

The eleven who give us the best chance to win deserve to play.  Anything else is irrelevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

....from where I am standing, that post was very much sarcasm.......!!!

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Without Vardy we’ve got very little pace up front, particularly with Barnes out as well. Whatever form he’s in at present he still scares defenders and so makes space for others.

Vardy opens up the Front line & various channels, that helps Nacho's runs..

They are our best Front-line.......

Vardy even Running  on low gas, still upset the  Oppo's  B.line & often gets behind them...

Just my opinion but we Need Maddison to feed them, Or Run into that Space they Open up....

If reasonably match fit & prepared after his Turkish-covid-adventure, Soyuncu plays..

So that Leaves a Choice of 2 from 3...Ricardo/ Albrighton / Castagna..

We will then see Perez, One of the above & Praet, on the Bench...

For Coming off the Bench I suppose Albrighton is the only  super-sub we have who can change things, if he doesn't start..!!

I Don't  know  how many subs...but I would like to see a few Youngsters in the mix...

5 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I go 4-5-1 for this, am assuming that Madders can play after all the shite this week.

Kasper

Castagne

Soyuncu

Evans

Thomas

Ricardo

Tielemens

Ndidi

Maddison

Albrighton

Nacho

If we are losing with 30 to go, go 4-4-2 and bring Vardy on with Nacho.

No way on earth does Vardy not start in a game like this, absolutely clueless to even suggest an 11 without him unless he’s injured or suspended.

Has to be 3-4-1-2 if for the only reason it gets our best players on the pitch.

Take Barnes and Maddison out the side and we have bottom half options for the attacking midfielders. Best to just play our third CB, Iheanacho and do away with the wide attacking midfielders as they aren't good enough.

Next season we need to realign the squad, we have great depth in FB & CB. Soumare would be great to compliment Ndidi and Tielemans. We could do with two players to compliment Barnes and Maddison so we have four quality options for three positions behind the striker. Thauvin on a free and maybe Faivre.

• Like 1

I want this season to end with Southampton just being Sick of playing Leicester.....

They have 2 chances to Stop our season dead....

OR better said we playing them twice & beating them twice,

coming out dominant & arrogant would  just be the right  wind in the sails, that we  need to help us complete a successful season.

We have potentially 9 games left in our season 2 against the Saints.....!!

And then we need them to beat our rivals in the PL Run in...

The Saints seem to be the Key  team that can Ruin a few Teams EOS chase..

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

You don’t rest players for FA Cup semi finals! 

Ok drop then, not necessarily this game but it can't be against the rules to drop any player due to poor form. Which is why I said 'rest'.

You can't say that he's not been a bit of a passenger lately.

There’s lots in the media about Southampton squad being stale, and players moving on etc (well The Athletic). My point is they are not in the best shape either, are FAR MORE INCONSISTENT than us and are not far off flirting with relegation.

If you can’t motivate yourself for an FA Cup Semi Final then there is a major problem. If we are up for it I can’t see us losing because we have too much qualiteeeee.