Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

3 hours ago, majaco said:

Massive game.  We need to get momentum going again- an FA Cup semi would be a good time to do it!

If we win, will Hasenhuttl's job be under threat.  If we lose, Rodgers will take some flak.

Any sort of semi would be good to get momentum going.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

looking good ......

Assuming my official LF test on Saturday is negative and my at home test on Sunday the same, then it’s ‘come on the city’ !!!!

be fun to see how many of us go nuts if we score!  I have experience of sitting on my hands (most notably in brugge) but it’s gonna be way too hard to do that when there isn’t any ‘physical threat’ around me ! 

Have you considered adoption? I'm quite well behaved and tidy up after myself. 

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

looking good ......

Assuming my official LF test on Saturday is negative and my at home test on Sunday the same, then it’s ‘come on the city’ !!!!

be fun to see how many of us go nuts if we score!  I have experience of sitting on my hands (most notably in brugge) but it’s gonna be way too hard to do that when there isn’t any ‘physical threat’ around me ! 

Random question but has there been any guidelines on what you can / can't wear? or are you able to wear a LCFC shirt?

13 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Random question but has there been any guidelines on what you can / can't wear? or are you able to wear a LCFC shirt?

No idea - given that there arent supposed to be supporters there you’d think it’s not a good idea to turn up in colours .....part of the testing nature of the event is presumably what happens if people are turned away at the turnstiles .... I guess they may be looking for an excuse to exclude some ticket holders and see how that goes 

Edited by st albans fox

18 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

So we’re worried about how bad Southampton were last night, and how good West Brom were.

We do like to worry.

PS: I’m worried 

I'd question how much of a Leicester City you are if you weren't worried about us coming up against a team who were hopeless in their most recent game. 

Edited by BenTheFox

27 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Dont think so, When i applied to be part of the trial, it was for this game and the league cup final.  I dont give a crap about watching Man City or Spurs so requested 0 tickets.  They did ask if you are supporting either of those teams so im guessing you could do a full John Terry if thats your thing!

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We got any history of dodgy decisions with Kavanagh or Tierney?

Mike Dean got the other match

CDF39954-64F0-4DFA-B602-9CD2A7B6F764.jpeg

Kavanagh has fooked us over on many an occasion in the past. He was the ref that missed the Rob holding YMCA handball against Arsenal a few seasons back, sent maddison off for diving etc. He's one of the worst refs going, nearly as bad as Pawson.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We got any history of dodgy decisions with Kavanagh or Tierney?

Mike Dean got the other match

CDF39954-64F0-4DFA-B602-9CD2A7B6F764.jpeg

Yeah Kavanagh hates us 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 07:36, Ric Flair said:

What system would you play? We have 1 winger who is very workmanlike and very little pace elsewhere.

I keep looking at what else we can do and I'm stumped. Our squad is horribly restricted.

....the diamond is an option and might just be the option we take without going to a back 3 in this instance!!!

With Ndidi at the base, Tielemans and Praet as the #8's and Maddison at the top of the diamond. The only unusual part of the team would be Castagne at Right-Back and Thomas at Left-Back and Ricardo on the bench.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the diamond is an option and might just be the option we take without going to a back 3 in this instance!!!

With Ndidi at the base, Tielemans and Praet as the #8's and Maddison at the top of the diamond. The only unusual part of the team would be Castagne at Right-Back and Thomas at Left-Back and Ricardo on the bench.

I'd not be against that once Maddison is fully fit, suppose Perez could be used until then.

Could Albrighton be used on the right or left of a diamond? Something like:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Fofana/Soyuncu 

Timmy

Ndidi

Albrighton

Tielemans

Maddison/Ayoze

Vardy

Nacho

To be honest as I write that it feels like a square peg in a round hole... just feel like he deserves to start. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Been to two fa cup semis 

0-0 and 0-2 

due a win !!!

Haven't read the full thread but congrats on getting a ticket - BRILLIANT!!!  I reckon you should take Harpenden Fox with you, and ME - cos I was born in Redbourn!!!

Rogers has this week to train and find the best formation with the players available and drill into them that they have to play at 110% from minute 1. To the point of brainwashing to be brutally honest! Then lets see what southampton have in the locker. We should be able to edge out this game as long as we don't do stupid careless stuff in defence and gift them a lead like we did for the hammers. That is not acceptable. Dig deep and find that mental strength that aided their wins in the past against the big hitters. show them videos in fact to get them juiced up. We can do this!

A great win at Wembley and we go into our remaining premier league fixtures on high confidence but a lose could be catastrophic and hard to shake.

Kavanagh is the worst ref in the division, I've never seen him have a good game. We're in for a treat

Maddison has to be back in and prove a point, and we have to go back to a four. Drop Vardy (it's about time) and let's see what Kelechi can do on his own for a change. Ricardo and Albrighton up with him, Thomas deserves a go.

Schmeichel

Castagne Evans Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Ricardo Iheanacho Albrighton

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fofana, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Perez, Vardy

• Like 1

I like the idea of Vardy on the bench not starting to give him something to think about. He needs a re-charge or change of heart or something. We've tried everything and nothing has worked for him so far. He's not even making great assists so we need to help him out of this rut. He's not done just yet. When i see the lewondowskis and Cavanis still scoring goals it gives me hope for Vardy. He just has to find another way.