Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

They should be more concerned about us than we should be them - in terms of psychology. However, we need to capitalise on that and attack them. High tempo, high effort, get stuck in and go for it. It’s a one off semi (as I said to my wife). So let’s go for it and see if we can last 90 (secs). 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Schmeichel

Fofana

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

Albrighton, Perez and Praet as impact/stabilising subs.

Leicester 3-1 Southampton (Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison; Ings).

Whenever I feel confident we lose though...(or so it seems at least).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

They should be more concerned about us than we should be them - in terms of psychology. However, we need to capitalise on that and attack them. High tempo, high effort, get stuck in and go for it. It’s a one off semi (as I said to my wife). So let’s go for it and see if we can last 90 (secs). 

If we're up for it like we were for the quarter against Man U then we'll be OK. The early season press returned in that match. 

50 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Have a quiet word with yourself!

Pre-match nerves started on Monday for me and it's only getting worse.

Absolutely - We are clearly kindred spirits. 

Totally and Utterly up for this one. 

I've waited nearly 40 years for another Semi Final and if we get to the Final late on Sunday night I'll definitely have to ring in work on Monday as I'll be in no fit state for anything 

COYB 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Schmeichel

Fofana

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

Albrighton, Perez and Praet as impact/stabilising subs.

Leicester 3-1 Southampton (Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison; Ings).

Whenever I feel confident we lose though...(or so it seems at least).

That is a cracking team but not sure if Maddison will start following his shenanigans and Albrighton and possibly Thomas have earned starting places in my view. 

57 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

That is a cracking team but not sure if Maddison will start following his shenanigans and Albrighton and possibly Thomas have earned starting places in my view. 

Maddison is an interesting one. Do you put him in and give him a chance to prove himself (assuming he is now as fit as can be) or do you bring him on? At the end of the day, Rodgers punished the players for a week and has essentially given them a clean slate to prove themselves better again. I am sure Maddison would love to put it right on the pitch and having him fired up may be what we need. All theory though of course.

Who would you drop for Thomas? Castagne?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

lol There's a pun there somewhere, just can't think of one at the moment! :teehee:

I hope so, otherwise my genius is wasted. She’s quite petite, small even. Now what’s that saying?

Edited by ARM1968

37 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Maddison is an interesting one. Do you put him in and give him a chance to prove himself (assuming he is now as fit as can be) or do you bring him on? At the end of the day, Rodgers punished the players for a week and has essentially given them a clean slate to prove themselves better again. I am sure Maddison would love to put it right on the pitch and having him fired up may be what we need. All theory though of course.

Who would you drop for Thomas? Castagne?

One of Maddison or Perez has to start IMO so in terms of showing leniency it's not really a case of that but doing what's best for the success of this team right now.

• Like 3

Weirdly not at all nervous about this. This team has come back from mini patches of bad form plenty of times. I think we win our next 5 and things are looking very rosy going into the end of the season.

We're better than them and we've got a man in absolutely unbelievable form. Go on Kelatore!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One of Maddison or Perez has to start IMO so in terms of showing leniency it's not really a case of that but doing what's best for the success of this team right now.

Yes, agree. That's why I put Maddison as a starter in my team. Assuming matchfit now he can give a lot to the team and create that one special moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, agree. That's why I put Maddison as a starter in my team. Assuming matchfit now he can give a lot to the team and create that one special moment.

It's all set up for him, this is the sort of spotlight he yearns to be in however acrimonious the cause.

• Like 2

Let’s all be honest, this 3-4-3 is in reality 5 at the back... 

5-2-2-1 we can even call it...

our wing backs albeit attacking fullbacks when in a 4, actually seem to have a more passive role when operating as wing backs..

which is why we have so much possession around our back line than we do further up the pitch...

Let’s get back to a back 4... The excuse used to be, we need 3 CBs when Wilf isn’t in front... well, he is in front yet we still go the same way 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If that helps you.

ok then from our available options who is more likely to score? bare in mind despite this recent drought he is still our top scorer and our second top scorer is injured and Iheanacho cannot play as a lone striker, so who replaces Vardy?

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Let’s all be honest, this 3-4-3 is in reality 5 at the back... 

5-2-2-1 we can even call it...

our wing backs albeit attacking fullbacks when in a 4, actually seem to have a more passive role when operating as wing backs..

which is why we have so much possession around our back line than we do further up the pitch...

Let’s get back to a back 4... The excuse used to be, we need 3 CBs when Wilf isn’t in front... well, he is in front yet we still go the same way 🤷‍♂️

The reason for the back 3 or 5 is because it enables us to play both Vardy and Nacho. If you go for a back 4 who would you play in the 2 wide roles when we only have one fit winger? The only other option is to go for a diamond midfield but we've only played that very rarely and with mixed results. For eg we got totally outplayed in that formation against Norwich at home last season.

• Like 3

Mad madders has to play he needs the spotlight and the pressure to perform and prove a point whatever that is a long as it translates into goals and a win.

Sorry Big Dan has to go. This game needs to be played at high tempo with every pass played with precision at lightning speed. No room for dilly dallying at

the back so Evans needs stop walking up the field then stopping to look to make a pass. He has to have clear options right away. Every player needs to be on

point making timely interceptions and not allowing the saints any room to breathe. Simply put a lot of running will be required. If they do this relentlessly for

45 min and our strikers and midfielders take their chances we can put this game to bed by half time. Investing energy and ambition early yields rewards.

If we play with no fear I believe our defense is likely to drop clangers too. On our day the saints cannot go toe to toe they will get destroyed so I hope they do

try and space opens up for us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Mad madders has to play he needs the spotlight and the pressure to perform and prove a point whatever that is a long as it translates into goals and a win.

Sorry Big Dan has to go. This game needs to be played at high tempo with every pass played with precision at lightning speed. No room for dilly dallying at

the back so Evans needs stop walking up the field then stopping to look to make a pass. He has to have clear options right away. Every player needs to be on

point making timely interceptions and not allowing the saints any room to breathe. Simply put a lot of running will be required. If they do this relentlessly for

45 min and our strikers and midfielders take their chances we can put this game to bed by half time. Investing energy and ambition early yields rewards.

If we play with no fear I believe our defense is likely to drop clangers too. On our day the saints cannot go toe to toe they will get destroyed so I hope they do

try and space opens up for us.

Doesn't rhyme.

• Haha 1