Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

We still don't have a clue what actually happened, I don't know about you but I'm not making judgments based on Sun articles. If the club has the full details then it's up to them to decide. 

Yes I should have put a subject to facts disclaimer. But you can’t really get more brain dead if what has been widely reported is true.

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

We still don't have a clue what actually happened, I don't know about you but I'm not making judgments based on Sun articles. If the club has the full details then it's up to them to decide. 

No but the club do. I would be very intrigued to see what happens to wes at the end of the season. Not the first strike. 👀

Having Morgan & Under back in training takes us pretty much back to full strength albeit Justin (long term) & Barnes who hopefully isn’t too far away. 

I think realistically we are looking at the below. Albrighton probably deserves to start after his cameo last week but I can’t see Rodgers taking Ricardo or Castagne out.

Kasper 

Ricardo

Fofana 

Evans 

Soyuncu

Castagne 

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Maddison

Vardy 

Iheanacho 

Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Albrighton, Perez 

Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury, Under all to miss out. 

Thankfully the squad is looking nice and competitive going into the massive run in! :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Having Morgan & Under back in training takes us pretty much back to full strength albeit Justin (long term) & Barnes who hopefully isn’t too far away. 

I think realistically we are looking at the below. Albrighton probably deserves to start after his cameo last week but I can’t see Rodgers taking Ricardo or Castagne out.

Kasper 

Ricardo

Fofana 

Evans 

Soyuncu

Castagne 

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Maddison

Vardy 

Iheanacho 

Thankfully the squad is looking nice and competitive going into the massive run in! :D

I’m being pedantic and your point about squad strength stands, but we get 9 on the bench on Sunday

2 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I’m being pedantic and your point about squad strength stands, but we get 9 on the bench on Sunday

Even better! We can sling Fuchs & Under on there too then. 

No disrespect but it’s so refreshing to see a 9 man bench now that dosent have to include Dayley-Campbell, Leshabela, Suengchitthawon etc. 

44 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Kasper 

Ricardo

Fofana 

Evans 

Soyuncu

Castagne 

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Maddison

Vardy 

Iheanacho 

Yeah that's what I'd be hoping for.

On 14/04/2021 at 21:49, Ashley said:

We were playing with a back 4 at 2-0 down. 

We 100% came out for the second half with Castagne at RCB in a three. Ricardo had all the right side and when Albrighton came on he seemed to have a more central role. If we did change to a back 4 it was much later on

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m sorry but, while I appreciate he’s a club legend and all, do you really think engaging in this behaviour (as the senior pro and club captain) makes him worthy, capable or competent of a role upstairs? 

Well as the club had basically confirmed he won't be come a coach but will be kept on I'd guess yes he will.be moved into a admin role yes.

Stuff the formations,  just hope Brendan puts the best 11 on the pitch and they play as well as they can. He needs to get them to start quickly though, I'm getting a bit sick of conceeding the first goal in really important games. 

I am hopeful but not confident.  

Come Sunday night I'll be like that daft excited 18 year old that stood on the holte end all those years ago, full of so much hope

The only difference will be, a loss will not take the entire summer to get over!

I hope so anyway!  

Edited by melrose

leicester having a bunch of party boy internal shenanigans , with lads who would rather party than compete for top four football serious

versus a southampton team that have had internal issues, ings out of contract, a team that has collapsed second half  of the season.

I wonder who will win the lose to man city in the final derby

Because sadly thats what it feels like given the current two teams form.

13 minutes ago, twister said:

leicester having a bunch of party boy internal shenanigans , with lads who would rather party than compete for top four football serious

versus a southampton team that have had internal issues, ings out of contract, a team that has collapsed second half  of the season.

Is this a poor attempt at satire or your genuine thoughts?

1 hour ago, twister said:

...form goes out the window in this match!!!

You can bet Southamptons' focus would have been centred on the cup in their last few games. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Moving on from my 2 no win fa cup semi final streak,  my ‘new Wembley’ record consists of three defeats .....(the Spurs ones v entertaining though) 

To be fair Leicester haven't won at the new Wembley and we've lost our last 2 FA Cup Semi finals so you're not the problem I don't think pal 😂