Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham away post match 3-2

The thing that frustrates me we are so slow on the ball!!! We take a age to work it up the pitch and teams then have everyone back!!!

Look at west ham today few quick passes and in. We need to start playing abit more direct a get forward quicker mix our play up a bit.

The battering we gave them in the last third of the match doesn't excuse the lackadaisical, pub team display in the rest of it. I can't help thinking that the 3 party boys (if that's what happened) are to blame. It's not just that they weren't available for selection. It must have had a very negative affect on the morale of the whole team. Must be very difficult to summon the energy and focus to perform at this level when you know that 3 of your teammates just don't give a shit.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, copunk said:

Last 20 mins has given me a sense of confidence, what scares me is it took us to go 3 down to pull our socks up and play

I know what you mean but tbh it's kinda easy to play when you're 3 down as there isn't really any expectation you'll get back into the game. Pressure is off. It's how we perform when the pressure is on that is more concerning. Just hope we're not going to capitulate like last season, as the signs weren't good for the first hour or so to say the least! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Ricardo cost us at the end, he should shoot but let the keeper get a touch and then stays on his feet when he should go down after theirs contact. 

Really! Are you trying to blame this on Ricardo? He might have dived but would we have got a penalty...He did the honest thing.

• Like 1

We’re too ponderous in possession, the only three players in the squad who pass and move quickly are Ricardo, Perez and Tielemans.

One of them is not currently the same player he was, one of them has let his teammates down and the other once again made absolutely everything happen for us.

There was a point in the second half we were building up some momentum, Castagne who is obviously technically competent had the ball with a couple of options ahead of him and turned back into the one West Ham player no was behind him. I nearly threw my laptop out of the window at that point.

I’m starting to think that the man who makes 3/5 at the back viable more than any other is Perez, he’s the one player we’ve got who can quickly receive the ball in tight spaces and consistently turn and look forwards. Maddison is capable of it but seems to prioritise looking for contact and a free kick rather than playing quickly.

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

The battering we gave them in the last third of the match doesn't excuse the lackadaisical, pub team display in the rest of the match. I can't help thinking that the 3 party boys (if that's what happened) are to blame. It's not just that they weren't available for selection. It must have had a very negative affect on the morale of the whole team. Must be very difficult to summon the energy and focus to perform at this level when you know that 3 of your teammates just don't give a shit.

Matt Piper saying they should miss next game too. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ricky P should have done a Vardy flop in the last minute when Masuku had a nibble. 

A weird game of being utter shit, equally no fortune and everything falling to West Ham. 

If that was Man U their players drop to the ground and get a penalty... 

There is going to be a lot of OTT reactions here. 

The facts are West Ham were far more clinical than us, and it was a very even game until they scored.

We then hard a horrible 20 or so minutes, after which we were the better side. Both sides had poor patches, with West Ham scoring 3 in theirs and us two in ours. 

Albrighton was superb when he came on, gave us so much width and was direct when too much of play was static. 

I'm optimistic - we have Soy back for the next game, which should improve our solidity, and Ihenacho's form is brilliant.

Maddison's motivation should now be through the roof. He's screwed up awfully, along with Perez and Choudhury, and he knows he owes the team some big performances. It will be interesting whether we stick with 3-5-2 or he swaps Evans for Soy, as the former was poor today. 

Also, fed up of the mentality rubbish. It was a very difficult week thanks to the antics from Maddison, Perez and Choudhury. But they kept going after being 3-0 down. 

My main concern is Vardy's form. Maybe some time out of the team, or going to 4-3-3 with Vardy on the left in Barnes' role and Alribrighton on the right could be an alternative. 

• Like 4

Well if this was a big game, next weeks is even bigger.

Despite it not being worth any points, lose that and that sinking feeling could start seeping into the squad.

Win and we almost have every excuse to attack each game with abandon with the knowledge that there’s two bites at completing a successful season.

As for the trio not at this game - let’s not judge too much now.

Their mistake is done, what is much more important now is their reaction to it and how they respond. 

After all, I seem to remember a certain young English midfielder got crucified early on in his career for one particular action, only to become the nations hero in a moment of pure brilliance when all seemed lost.