Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

As I’ve said and many have before me - this will be dragged out for as long as humanely possible because top cannot afford to pay the compensation package required to sack the joker. There will be a point when Top will finally see that we have no other option but to sack him even if that means spending money. I don’t think that point will have been reached yet in the minds of those who matter. Sadly. 

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

**** him, it needs to be personal, he’s making it personal. He’s taking the club down whilst pocketing millions, blaming fans, blaming players, the lot. 

I hope someone chins him on the pitch if he leads us out for a game again. 

My perspective…

”top” managers don’t want relegation, the most goals conceded by x date etc On their CV. I highly doubt he is taking us down willingly, though of course we are shit right now.

pocketing millions? Blame the board for sanctioning huge wages and buy out clauses, Rodgers has absolutely every right whether we like it or not to stick around. So stop blaming him for pocketing millions.

yes the way he has come across in Interviews is galling, but in the heat of the moment when a microphone is thrust in front of us, we sOmetimes say the wrong or stupid things. This doesn’t merit support from us, but I don’t take it as overly offensive as many people n here.

The last sentence with all respects just makes you look a T***, violence should never be merited, particularly over a dislike for an individual. 

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

My perspective…

”top” managers don’t want relegation, the most goals conceded by x date etc On their CV. I highly doubt he is taking us down willingly, though of course we are shit right now.

pocketing millions? Blame the board for sanctioning huge wages and buy out clauses, Rodgers has absolutely every right whether we like it or not to stick around. So stop blaming him for pocketing millions.

yes the way he has come across in Interviews is galling, but in the heat of the moment when a microphone is thrust in front of us, we sOmetimes say the wrong or stupid things. This doesn’t merit support from us, but I don’t take it as overly offensive as many people n here.

The last sentence with all respects just makes you look a T***, violence should never be merited, particularly over a dislike for an individual. 

I don’t blame him, but I’m saying that’s why it’s getting personal. 

Again, I hope someone Cameron Toners him, he’s a cretin and is taking this football club to the pits. 

11 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It isn’t unanimously against the manager. were you at the game yesterday by any chance?

I’d say about 10% were actively joining in with anti-Rodgers chanting. 

it’s astonishing. 

No I wasn't there, unfortunately I'm about 1 hour 45 mins away and my weekends are too mixed to commit to a season ticket. And honestly even if I could get a ticket frankly I refuse to at this point, the manager, most of the players etc don't deserve it. 
I am trying to enjoy my time so i'm keeping ontop of the club news from afar but avoiding watching us, Yesterday evening went out for a lovely meal and I just know I had a better time than LCFC fans lol

That really does surprise me that so few were on his back, it feels really toxic at present amongst all my LCFC friends on socials and on here, latest poll was 95% sack, although like anything on social media when you're behind a keyboard it's much easier to be negative than when you're surrounded by others in public. I wonder whether the board/ownership take note of social media? is it possible they don't follow any of that or have people tracking it therefore only see a tiny minority of angry fans on match day? 

Tuesday i reckon he's gone, the Thai owners are hugely respectful people who wouldn't want this to coincide with the Queen's funeral. 

He's probably already been told but it won't be announced untill Tuesday. I have no source for this ( apart from being mildly related to KDH ) tiz just my own musings ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jonah said:

Tuesday i reckon he's gone, the Thai owners are hugely respectful people who wouldn't want this to coincide with the Queen's funeral. 

He's probably already been told but it won't be announced untill Tuesday. I have no source for this ( apart from being mildly related to KDH ) tiz just my own musings ..

This is as good as being ITK, hope you realise the can of worms you have just opened 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jonah said:

I think you could be right. 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

but how are we not already pst that point? we’ve just been clobbered by 2 clubs in a row and taken 1 point from 7. as well as drawing with league 2 opposition. 

There’s nothing that can be seen that could make anyone think brendan could turn this around… absolutely nothing. So each and every game is just digging our grave a little bit deeper. Not to mention that there comes a point where we are too far gone for potential replacements to consider us. 

We have a 5 game run of winnable games an new manager could pull us to safety in no time… brendan will be donating points and what’s worse is that it will be to the teams that we can potentially catch. 

for the first time in a long time i feel completely hopeless. Watching our club make all the wrong decisions and their being nothing we can do about it, common sense simply not being followed. I thought we were better than that, I always wanted to believe the club know best, that there’s other factors we don’t know about but if it’s genuinely anything to do with money… then we are screwed. Because we spent more than it would cost to sack him on players that don’t contribute anything to our points tally and are looking to pay for a new stadium… personally for me and most likely everyone… safety is far more important than a new stadium because we’re not closing the gap on anyone if we are sat in the championship having just lost all our players to the teams we wanted to close the gap on and some new ones 

Very well said.

People will cite times which, on paper, were of course much worse states of affairs we have been in as a football club.

However I'm struggling to remember a time that the reality has fallen quite this far short of expectation levels. 

Thoroughly depressing football club to follow at the moment.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

This is it people say just sack him but it’s not then shelling out the cash, could be all sorts of clauses in it. Personally I trust the owners.

My patience is wearing thin with them. Rodgers needs to go before Forest or the trust is going to have to be built again. 

• Like 2

Just now, ramaiya2 said:

Why wait till 4pm. They could have done this morning.I think we will be stuck with him, The board will give him a chance to beat Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves.

If get 9 points from 15  think he will carry on

9 points ? We won't get another point as long as he stays.

• Like 4

Just now, Matt said:

All this 'they're gonna give him one more game' bollocks, I don't want us to win another game under him because that inevitably buys him more time.

It's a horrible place to be but that's where I am.

Get him gone.

won't be winning another game under him so we're safe there