Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I haven't heard specifics but very confident something will be announced this week.

Players back in for pre season early next week.

Yeah around this week sounds about right, get players in and quarantined to start preseason with the bulk of the squad. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Yeah around this week sounds about right, get players in and quarantined to start preseason with the bulk of the squad. 

I'm guessing kasper, Dennis and youri won't join until a week before the start of the season.

Ward, Cags and timmy probably 2-3 weeks before.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm guessing kasper, Dennis and youri won't join until a week before the start of the season.

Ward, Cags and timmy probably 2-3 weeks before.

Reckon we'll have a phased pre season dependent on when players return. Youri, Kasper, Timmy (thro injury) and Dennis may well miss the first two league games. Cags and Ward might only just be ready.

But, we should have pretty much a fairly well pre seasoned line up come thr first game

Ricky, Thomas, Evans,, Fofana, wilf, mendy, Albrighton, Barnes, madders, vards, Perez, Kel, choudhury will all have had a full pre season. A rare luxury nowadays. Plus Soumare and Daka could have a free run at training too

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I wonder if they could quarantine them in a room at Seagrave and give them access to an area to train in isolation. The rules for entering from an amber list country state people must "quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days"  they can reduce this to 5 days if they pay for an extra test at day 5 and they test negative.

Not sure if the rules for elite sports when apply for pre season?

"Elite sportspersons – domestic

Amber list countries

Applies if you been in an amber list country, but not a red list country, in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You must quarantine, apart from when you are:

• competing in or training for an elite sports event, or
  • providing essential support to a domestic elite sportsperson in their competition or training, or
  • providing essential operational support to the running of an elite sports event

You may leave self-isolation to travel directly to or between the locations of elite sports events or training where you are undertaking your duties as an elite sportsperson.

If you are staying in England for longer than 2 days, you need to take a COVID-19 test on day 2 and day 8  if you are still in the country."

3 minutes ago, turlo said:

I wonder if they could quarantine them in a room at Seagrave and give them access to an area to train in isolation. The rules for entering from an amber list country state people must "quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days"  they can reduce this to 5 days if they pay for an extra test at day 5 and they test negative.

Not sure if the rules for elite sports when apply for pre season?

"Elite sportspersons – domestic

Amber list countries

Applies if you been in an amber list country, but not a red list country, in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You must quarantine, apart from when you are:

• competing in or training for an elite sports event, or
  • providing essential support to a domestic elite sportsperson in their competition or training, or
  • providing essential operational support to the running of an elite sports event

You may leave self-isolation to travel directly to or between the locations of elite sports events or training where you are undertaking your duties as an elite sportsperson.

If you are staying in England for longer than 2 days, you need to take a COVID-19 test on day 2 and day 8  if you are still in the country."

I'd assume something like this would be used, either staying at Seagrave or in alternate accomodation with fitness options available. 

I'd be curious if they'd be quarantined before announcement, but seems unlikely. 

• Like 1

Yep this will be announced in the next two days I’m sure of it. If Bertrand is coming that will be too. Great if we’ve done all this early.

Just need a back up CB and marquee winger and we’re done…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The official FIFA season start and end dates for England Are July 1st and June 30th. So all contracts run to those dates, and you can't register a player on the FIFA TMS until the 1st July, (ergo, the transfer can't be rubber stamped and done until then). 

So whilst those items might come into play, it's purely because they are the set dates and all contracts in this country to to those dates. 

HALLELUJAH 

• Haha 1

Hang on.... have I missed the religious beliefs section of this transfer?  Then we have 10 pages on potential chants.  Surely tomorrow is optimistic for any announcement??

• Like 1

If anything is holding this up it will be the sell-on clause. Lille (and Salzburg for that matter) will not want us making a quick profit on a young player. This might run to 25% and will probably be a two or three year time limit. It rarely gets talked about but Fofana and even Tielemans may have a similar clause.

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Agree, otherwise they would have just made a double announcement. Think it will be next week.

Someone the other day made a valid point about double announcements. 

In todays social media age, they make no sense. Two seperate announcements mean twice the social media traffic, likes/comments/shares etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Someone the other day made a valid point about double announcements. 

In todays social media age, they make no sense. Two seperate announcements mean twice the social media traffic, likes/comments/shares etc. 

And it's not like they're coming from the same team lol

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Daka deal mentions he joins us from July 1st, so as predicted by many, that date is important for book keeping / accounting / FFP. So given it's 1st July tomorrow, reckon that's when new signing number 2 is announced!

More importantly, many of the contracts end on 30th June, and so new ones will then start tomorrow.

• Like 1