Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Newcastle Home pre match thread

Last year top 4 was achieved with 62 points, this year 65 should do it, 66 all be a cert with goal difference the only concern. So win this and the beach towels should be fluffing up in the drier with just one point then required from the last 3 games to bolt on top 4. i have the bore draw feeling though.

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Last year top 4 was achieved with 62 points, this year 65 should do it, 66 all be a cert with goal difference the only concern. So win this and the beach towels should be fluffing up in the drier with just one point then required from the last 3 games to bolt on top 4. i have the bore draw feeling though.

A   good chance 4th wont qualify need to aim for 3d

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Big, big match for us.

West Ham have far easier fixtures.

Making the CL will be razor close.

They also have 5 less points and inferior goal difference. Hoping that Everton do a number on them and we beat Newcastle. It may only require 1 further point then. 

5 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Massively unlikely that Chelsea finish outside top 4, let alone that happening PLUS Arsenal overcoming Villarreal and then beating Man United along with Chelsea beating RM and Man City/PSG in the final. 
If it does happen though, I'll probably top myself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

There is that, but they’ve lost Shar haven’t they? Which would impact the way they set up. I’m confident they haven’t got the defensive capabilities to keep us out for 90 minutes, even if they score first. We’ve just got to really go at them. Get this win and it’s more or less done, plus it heaps the pressure on the chasing pack, even Chelsea would struggle to close that gap, they’ve got to play Man City and Arsenal. If we win, and Chelsea lose, I’d be confident to say that’s that, bar a major collapse on form. The difference sis we’re not losing games, Man City and West Ham aside we’ve not been on a bad run all season, and I’m confident we’ve got enough in us to get the job done. 

Could be a “shackles” off moment on Friday, I think we will stick a few past them.

...would love to get this done with a couple of early goals!!!

If they come out and press in a sustained basis then we are going to have problems.

Keeping the Wing backs close to our Left and Right Centre Backs to negate the spaces left when the Wing Backs push forward is essential but that can only happened if we play a high line or sit and attempt to counter. We haven't got the personnel to counter effectively and I  would prefer Perez in ahead of Maddison to sure up our midfield. 

We need Youri free, else we are going to struggle to create.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

There is that, but they’ve lost Shar haven’t they? Which would impact the way they set up. I’m confident they haven’t got the defensive capabilities to keep us out for 90 minutes, even if they score first. We’ve just got to really go at them. Get this win and it’s more or less done, plus it heaps the pressure on the chasing pack, even Chelsea would struggle to close that gap, they’ve got to play Man City and Arsenal. If we win, and Chelsea lose, I’d be confident to say that’s that, bar a major collapse on form. The difference sis we’re not losing games, Man City and West Ham aside we’ve not been on a bad run all season, and I’m confident we’ve got enough in us to get the job done. 

Could be a “shackles” off moment on Friday, I think we will stick a few past them.

...would love to get this done with a couple of early goals!!!

If they come out and press in a sustained basis then we are going to have problems.

Keeping the Wing backs close to our Left and Right Centre Backs to negate the spaces left when the Wing Backs push forward is essential but that can only happened if we play a high line or sit and attempt to counter. We haven't got the personnel to counter effectively and I  would prefer Perez in ahead of Maddison to sure up our midfield. 

We need Youri free, else we are going to struggle to create.

2 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

What constitutes a good chance ? I reckon it must be at least 100/1 at the bookies on that treble (arsenal win, Chelsea win and Chelsea not top 4)

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

Top 4 was 66 points last season 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How? 4th place was 66points 

even if you rewrite history and give us a draw on the final day, yanited would have got 64 points 

You go off the 5th place total, to get top 4 last season you only needed 63 points. Whether you got 66, 65 or 64 is irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

You go off the 5th place total, to get top 4 last season you only needed 63 points. Whether you got 66, 65 or 64 is irrelevant. 

Oh I see what you mean now - going on 5th place points total .......I would still say that you need to finish above the team in fourth to qualify for CL. And that was 66 points 

but I accept that’s possibly illogical 

Edited by st albans fox

9 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

If we would have got 63 points last season we would have still finished in 5th place. 66 points were needed to finish 4th as was mentioned above.

I think this season it will be about the same (66-68 points) but with a more competitive field.

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

No idea what Maddison has done to be included. If we are desperate for a 4 at the back, then go 442, but not Kel on his own fgs, put him with Vardy, and cross your fingers that Youri and Wilf are seriously on it too, else its overrun in midfield

you blame Maddison, I personally blame the system he's playing in. for me, madders is the most talented player we have and must be played, he is a creative outlet but what he isn't is a box to box midfielder 

39 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If we would have got 63 points last season we would have still finished in 5th place. 66 points were needed to finish 4th as was mentioned above.

I think this season it will be about the same (66-68 points) but with a more competitive field.

Take Leicester out of the equation, last season what points total guaranteed a top 4 finish? 

Edited by Simmo86

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

you blame Maddison, I personally blame the system he's playing in. for me, madders is the most talented player we have and must be played, he is a creative outlet but what he isn't is a box to box midfielder 

Yes but we are missing those that take us up the field, so he to adapt to help out, possibly why we are looking at Soumare. :dunno:

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

IF we do end up fourth, what happens then peeps?

We either get in the CL (most likely) or are very unlucky and go into the EL, due to Arsenal winning the EL and Chelsea simultaneously winning the CL AND dropping out of the Top 4. Unlikely I would think.

• Like 1