Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm sure they'll play Brandon Williams and Tuzanbe rather than AWB and Linderlof in defence.

Diallo will play as James is injured.

Expect Greenwood to play up top rather than Rashford.

9 changes with only Fred and Greenwood starting from the team they fielded today.

OGS said in post match that he was thinking about resting Greenwood or taking him off at half-time, so I think he will be rested for our game. 

11 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Rodgers bringing Fuchs and Under in for a crucial end of season match against Man Utd? I'll have some of what you're smoking lol

We all know who the Real man for the moment is....Bring back Big bad Dan Amartey....He'll bring us home..!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Without Barnes, we simply have to play Vardy, otherwise we have no pace. Even out of form he scares the opposition.

I think we have to be bold to get the win, but also be mindful of the players available and the systems we know. It’s not a game to try something for the first time. For me, we don’t have three CBs that I’d want with Evans out and so that takes us back to the 4-2-3-1; if you’re playing that way then there’s only one choice for the front spot at the moment. It may not be a bad game to have Vardy’s pace and unpredictability available from the bench, plus keep him fresher for the Cup Final. 

Without Evans, I’d want to get some experience in at the back so I’d give Fuchs game time at LB. That solves the issue of who plays there - an inexperienced Thomas or one of the RBs playing out of position. Little Wes and Cags are clearly great players who both obviously benefit from playing Evans’ experience - perhaps they can get similar support from Castagne and Fuchs outside them (and closer together in a four than the recent three CB system). 

Wings are an issue without Barnes and with Under nowhere near being an option, so I’d use Ricardo on one side with Albrighton on the other. The rest of the side largely picks itself with Perez likely offering better support behind Iheanacho than a stuttering Maddison:

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Perez

Albrighton

Iheanacho

That’s likely to be as close to the mark as my predictions on Line of Duty (i.e. way off!). 

9 hours ago, Fox85 said:

The only chance we beat Utd is if they field their under 18s.

There 2nd team is more than capable of beating us atm.

Aren't you just a bundle of joy !!

Please please please Brendan play 4 atb! Absolutely nothing to lose here so let’s die trying for god sakes!

Kasper
Castange Fofana Soyuncu Ricardo/Thomas

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders/Pérez
                  Nacho Vardy

We’ll get change out of their defence without big Harry in there. If we want to win this we can but we need Brendan to play the correct formation and players in their right positions.

If Fofana or Soyuncu make mistakes in a traditional 4 atb then so be it. They know where to be, no confusion with bloody Castange there too and a natural lb where he should be rather than poor Marc.

3 in middle to make us more compact with Madders able to get more freedom to support the top 2 and allow Nacho and Vardy being less heavily marked.

Please Brendan just once play without the hand brake on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Please please please Brendan play 4 atb! Absolutely nothing to lose here so let’s die trying for god sakes!

Kasper

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders/Pérez
                  Nacho Vardy

We’ll get change out of their defence without big Harry in there. If we want to win this we can but we need Brendan to play the correct formation and players in their right positions.

If Fofana or Soyuncu make mistakes in a traditional 4 atb then so be it. They know where to be, no confusion with bloody Castange there too and a natural lb where he should be rather than poor Marc.

3 in middle to make us more compact with Madders able to get more freedom to support the top 2 and allow Nacho and Vardy being less heavily marked.

I think this probably gets our best available XI on the pitch, but it’s effectively a diamond - have we played this successfully before? It l’d a big ask to change the formation at this stage and with very little time to have worked on it since the last game. 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders/Pérez
                  Nacho Vardy

Fair enough, and why not. Don’t quite agree it’s the more familiar formation anymore, but would still be interesting.

As it’s a flat 4, not Fuchs at LB for a bit of experience?

Vardy is back looking much quicker, however his finishing and first touch at the minute is grotesque. If there's one player who can dig deep and drag us over the line though it's Vardy. This is the perfect annex to his story.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy is back looking much quicker, however his finishing and first touch at the minute is grotesque. If there's one player who can dig deep and drag us over the line though it's Vardy. This is the perfect annex to his story.

A goal will do him the world of good, as he is getting in to positions and still out pacing players. 

There is no way Fuchs or Under start and there is no way Kel plays up front on his own.

It'll be the same system, with Amartey for Evans and Perez for Maddison, or he may go:

Schmeichel

Castagne - Fofana - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Ndidi         Tielemans

Perez    Iheanacho.    Vardy

Not sure I like it, but it's an option.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 1

Obviously Man Utd have superior attackers than Newcastle so if we defend like Friday they will hammer us . Rodgers will opt for a damage limitation exercise.  We will be sitting right back and it won't be pretty.