Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

51 minutes ago, Ricey said:

There is no way Fuchs or Under start and there is no way plays Kel up front on his own.

It'll be the same system, with Amartey for Evans and Perez for Maddison, or he may go:

Schmeichel

Castagne - Fofana - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Ndidi         Tielemans

Perez    Iheanacho.    Vardy

Not sure I like it, but it's an option.

Fuchs as the left CB isn't out the realms of possibility. Amartey really blotted his copy book in his last couple of appearances for us and the Fuchs and Thomas left sided combo might be something to look at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy is back looking much quicker, however his finishing and first touch at the minute is grotesque. If there's one player who can dig deep and drag us over the line though it's Vardy. This is the perfect annex to his story.

I'd play him on the left wing, then we can go back to 4231.

In answer to the "Iheanacho can't play up front on his own"

He's basically played up front on his own with Vardy playing on the left since March.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There would be some sense of outrage/vindication/irony if Cengiz started are tore it up  (He won't)

Subs are either for injuries or for changing the game. If you need to change the game then you don't swap for more of the same.

I suspect that Rodgers doesn't value 'wildcards' - he sees cogs in a machine. His idea of a wildcard is Perez. 

What I see/saw in Ünder was the instinct to take on a defence - to test it out, to give no respect to it. I believe Rodgers thinks he's wasteful or selfish or not a team man. Well, how is Maddison different? I think Mahrez lost something when he went to Manchester. He's won his medals yet surrendered his arrogance to Pep's system.

I like Ünder. Unfortunately, he's been given the faint praise of being a Prem game sub, but even when we've lost the game with time to go, he's still ignored. Perhaps this is Rodger's message to whoever recruited him. Much better than Gray but not good enough for BR.

• Like 1

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

I can see ünder making an appearance as we roll the dice to freshen things up.

He's on 9 league appearances and 19 overall, I've thought for a while one more will trigger a fee. He doesn't seem to be used in any scenario so not sure why he's even being named as a sub.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

There is no way Fuchs or Under start and there is no way Kel plays up front on his own.

It'll be the same system, with Amartey for Evans and Perez for Maddison, or he may go:

Schmeichel

Castagne - Fofana - Soyuncu - Thomas

Mendy

Ndidi         Tielemans

Perez    Iheanacho.    Vardy

Not sure I like it, but it's an option.

That's decent but put N'didi where Mendy is and Praet where N'didi is and thats what i would go with

• Like 1

Fully imagining Evans will be injured. Feel that has to force us to go to a 4 at the back.

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas 

Ndidi

Praet       Tielemans    Perez

Iheanacho  Vardy

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Wilf rested for Mendy though, just feel a few need to be dropped (Maddison & Ricardo especially).

On 08/05/2021 at 23:17, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Fofana Castagne

Wilf

Albrighton Youri Mads Praett

Nacho

On 08/05/2021 at 23:21, splinterdream said:

I like this but I'm thinking, could vardy play as a winger instead of Praet? 

I'd give that a go with vardy on the wing 😱 but then move praet in for Madison.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom but my overriding concern is that, with the players available, whatever selection and formation we deploy will be very compromised in some way eg Fuchs or Amartey in a back 3, Vardy on the left wing, Praet or Perez out wide, Nacho in the lone striker role, deploying a midfield diamond, etc. None of these options fill me with any confidence even if we face a heavily rotated Man U team.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Maguire is out.

I don’t think we’ll ever have a better chance of getting three points at OT tomorrow. OGS confirmed that those that played at Villa won’t complete another 90 minutes on Tuesday.

We have to go out and get the win.

2-0 United 😂

He has to start Under but I know he won’t. I mean it can’t be any worse to going 4-0 down at home to Newcastle can it 😂😂

Kasper

Castange Soyuncu Fofana Thomas

Ndidi Tielemans

Under Maddison Albrighton

Nacho

I know ppl have said on here Nacho can’t play up top on his own but I don’t see why he can’t. He’s played himself into confidence and now he got the belief I think he can do it and should find himself with a lot more chances. He’s stronger than you think at keeping the ball with back to goal, has some neat control, can take a player on, quick (but not Vardy quick) and makes some good runs in behind. He’s the closest thing we’ve got in a striker that can do it all and for me the best option up top on his own. He can be clumsy at times but even then he somehow seems to keep hold of the ball.

Anyway I’m not going to see it, it’s gonna be 3 at the back and zero width offensively and defensively again.

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

Subs are either for injuries or for changing the game. If you need to change the game then you don't swap for more of the same.

I suspect that Rodgers doesn't value 'wildcards' - he sees cogs in a machine. His idea of a wildcard is Perez. 

What I see/saw in Ünder was the instinct to take on a defence - to test it out, to give no respect to it. I believe Rodgers thinks he's wasteful or selfish or not a team man. Well, how is Maddison different? I think Mahrez lost something when he went to Manchester. He's won his medals yet surrendered his arrogance to Pep's system.

I like Ünder. Unfortunately, he's been given the faint praise of being a Prem game sub, but even when we've lost the game with time to go, he's still ignored. Perhaps this is Rodger's message to whoever recruited him. Much better than Gray but not good enough for BR.

Yes, a lot of truth in all that, particularly how the use of substitutes is viewed ie game changers or cogs in a machine. Twice now I haven't worked out why you'd possibly want to keep both Maddison and Perez on at the same time if you're going to try and win a game. Agreed that the former hasn't been playing well and needs minutes but if he's spent, he spent and not contributing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

MUST WIN!

Think I've been saying that for past 3 games, I cannot emphasise it anymore.

You probably can if we need 3 points against Spurs on the final day to stay in the top 4 

If that happens, it will be our first genuine must win! lol

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Didn't he give a pen away after about 3 mins in his last OT appearance?

So thats One problem out the way...He wont do it again...:scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf

To be honest I'm more interested in their line up than I am of our own.

I'm hoping OGS uses this game to rest all his main players as playing Thu-Sun-Tue-Thu is insane and asking for injuries before the Europa final. A strong back five and a few talented kids who have been in and around the first team with the odd sub appearance. Chuck them in at the deep end and see what they're made of.

Shoretire

Amad  Mata  Elanga

Matic  De Beek

Telles  Bailly  Tuanzebe  Williams

De Gea